Gracie Gold's new short program

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Nikki Lee, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Nikki Lee

Nikki Lee Active Member

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  3. apatinar

apatinar Active Member

Love the new program! Wouldn't it be something if they allowed a combination retry at the Olympics? lol

4. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I definitely see improvement in Gracie's skating. Hopefully she kicks butt at Nationals.

5. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

That's great! I like the new SP a lot and it looks very natural for Gracie.

6. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

I think the first program had more interesting transitions, but she seems much more calm and comfortable with this program. The last third could really be quite stirring, the speed in the final spin was very impressive. Can't wait to see it on a full size rink at Nats.

7. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

I would have loved for Gracie to get this out in front of an international judging panel before Nationals but it really does have possibilities - and yes she seems much more comfortable with this.

8. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

Nice.

9. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

MUCH better, lot of potential here, and love the dress.

10. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Just hope she lands the jumps because that's what has gotten her to where she is at the moment. I just hope she hasn't slacked off on training her jumps as she puts more effort into other elements of her skating.

11. sk8hrd

sk8hrd Member

Love Gracie's new short! I think Lori has done another amazing job selecting the music and choreographing a short that will I think help Gracie win nationals this year. I heard Josiane Lamond, who used to make Joannie's costumes, made Gracie's. Excellent job!

12. Sasha'sSpins

I thought Gracie's SP dress was borrowed from her sister?

13. Dilng

Dilng Well-Known Member

:) I really like Gracie's new short and it looks like she has been doing her homework. She looks calmer and feels the music much better. I love her hair and costume too. :glamor: I hope she skates both her programs extremely well at Nationals.

14. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Told ya! This was the highlight program from the current eligible skaters who appeared in Legends. GG is now a totally different -- smoother and more classical -- skater. Oh, if only there were time for Lori Nichol to prepare a new LP, too (or seriously tweak the existing one).

15. giselle23

giselle23 Active Member

Maybe Josiane makes Carly's dresses, too--?

16. sk8hrd

sk8hrd Member

Maybe that's not her new dress then. My mistake. I heard from a source that her new dress was being made by Josiane. I had not seen this dress before so I thought that was it. Looking forward to seeing the new dress then.

17. feraina

feraina Well-Known Member

I like the new SP. She has really improved in her presentation. And if a calmer program helps her to deliver the technical content more successfully, then all the better!

18. demetriosj

demetriosj Well-Known Member

Yah, that jump combination wasn't clean, and that was with the retake..........

19. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Do you have anything positive to say about the rest of the program?

20. demetriosj

demetriosj Well-Known Member

All that matters in the short is the jumps, so opinions on artistry etc. aren't very relevant.....

21. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

As mentioned in the previous thread (nothing was wrong with it, btw), it'a gorgeous program and Gracie skates it beautifully.

22. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

There is a lot more judged in the short program than the jumps.

23. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

All I can say is - Holy Spumoni----Franc Carroll knows his stuff.

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  24. acraven

acraven Well-Known Member

No, the video begins with the program as originally skated including the combo error, then the retake with a clean combo comes afterward.

25. mtnskater

mtnskater Well-Known Member

I like it! Definitely more calm. Some lovely movements....taking her time. Season getting more exciting :swoon:

26. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

I enjoyed her new program. She looked much more controlled, especially her arms and upper body. She movements looked intentional, not like she was flailing, not manic, as in her previous SP. Itwas nice to see. It's something to grow on for Nationals and into Worlds. Good for her.

27. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

Gorgeous program, and she skates it beautifully! :swoon:

28. lawcat

lawcat Member

I quite like this. As to the jump combo, she's skating on a small rink with stage lighting - could well have effected timing, etc. I'm really encouraged by this for her.

29. Sasha'sSpins

Most likely she does but someone mentioned in another thread that Gracie borrowed (or might have borrowed) the dress from Carly. Pics were posted too from one of Carly's competitions. :)

I like Gracie's new SP but again I was in the minority with her original SP - I liked it and didn't have a problem with the music. The international judges liked it too what with the PCS scores they were giving Gracie. Hopefully this one will do just as well or even better.

30. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I loathed the original SP and especially the music. Frank has exquisite taste. This one is an Olympic caliber gem.