Gracie Gold says yes to prom proposal

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by lilshorty, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

Well - Gracie re-tweeted the vid so she didn't seem too put off by it to start with...:shuffle:

2. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever New Member

That was the mistake that kicked this whole thing off. I bet Gracie wishes she could take that tweet back now. She'll know better in the future.

3. madm

madm Active Member

But then again, would a 21-year-old guy want to be attending a high school prom? Probably not.

4. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

I'd be a life fan of Gracie if she sent back a rude video rejection.

5. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

Kate Upton had a model friend go in her place.

I think the practice started with guys in combat who were due home soon asking celebrities to military balls to be held when they returned. It was a "support our troops" kind of thing for the celebrity. They weren't just going for their "date", but to meet and greet all the soldiers.

I don't know why a teenager thinks an adult would enjoy being a high school prom date.

6. Aerobicidal

Aerobicidal Well-Known Member

At this rate, Gracie is establishing herself as the poster girl for Tweet ruing. She should just run with it Kanye/Alec Baldwin-style.

7. TalentedButHumble

TalentedButHumble Well-Known Member

At first I didn't even want to watch Malibu Ken with Gracie, and now I'm having trouble, the vid keeps buffering. But didn't she look kind of noncommittal when What'sHerFace showed his YT vid and asked if he was cute. If Gracie knew about this ahead of time, she probably would've been more enthusiastic. :lol: So yeah, kind of a yucky ambush, esp. bad cos she's just a teen.

btw some anonymous person on a social media site claimed to know the kid who asked Ashley. According to this person Ashley contacted him privately for the details. But again, that could be totally fabricated. So please don't take it as news/ fact.

8. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever New Member

Maybe Gracie could send her sister in her place. I guess Polina Edmunds would be too young, although she probably wouldn't mind being invited to a senior prom.

9. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

Rotflmao @ at the Malibu Ken comment! :lol:

Seriously though it does seem I'm reading these type of proposals more often than naught, kinda takes the fun out of it all. Who started this trend anyway? :confused: I seem to recall Justin Timberlake being asked by a young woman from the military and he went, and because he went Mila Kunis did the same when she too was asked by some guy from the military (was a few years ago IIRC)...

10. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Gracie did say if it works out, she would love to. I think Malibu Ken is old enough to understand what Gracie means by that. I also believe that if Gracie finds that she can't go because of schedule, SOI or whatever it may be that she will be considerate and let Malibu Ken know ahead of time. :)

11. jdonavan

jdonavan Member

Eh...she could do worse...

12. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever New Member

She can just have SOI send him 2 tickets and 2 'backstage' passes, and be done with it. That won't cost her a thing, and she won't have to go anywhere.

13. RD

RD Well-Known Member

^ good idea.

14. NadineWhite

I'm sure there are quite a few male figure skating fans that are just jealous of Mailbu Ken b/c he had the balls to ask her, and they did not. :lol:

Here's hoping Malibu Ken gets lucky and GG does show up for his prom. :hat1:

15. RD

RD Well-Known Member

<- not one of them, sorry :p

16. NadineWhite

lol Red Dog! :D If I was a guy I would've asked her. :D