Gracie Gold says yes to prom proposal

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by lilshorty, Feb 28, 2014.

1. lilshorty

lilshorty Member

2. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

So the chance of her actually going seems to be pretty slim. Aren't proms usually held around the same time Worlds takes place? She'll probably be training, competing, or on a tour.

3. lilshorty

lilshorty Member

His prom is May 14. Worlds will be well over by then, but you're right. She'll probably be busy doing shows at that time.

4. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever Well-Known Member

Gold was a little more non-committal on "Access Hollywood Live" Thursday -- probably because she wasn't face-to-face with her paramour. She said she will be on tour with "Stars on Ice" and preparing for the World Championships over the next couple of months, so the timing may not work out.

5. snoopyskater

snoopyskater Member

Is it just me, or are these stories of sweet young guys asking celebrities to go on a date with them becoming too frequent? Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I really think these guys should stick to asking women in their own area out. It almost puts the celebrity on the spot and the media makes it so they can't refuse or else they look bad.

6. Skittl1321

They do seem really common. And I agree, it puts the celebrity in an awkward situation.

7. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

Unlikely or not, I thought it was adorable. He's a cute young man! Of course, Gracie is reserved to marry my grandson, so....

8. Johnny_Fever

Some guy asked Kate Upton recently, and she never came through for him. Those scenarios put the kid in an awkward situation too. He'll be forever known as the guy that got stood up by Kate Upton. By the way, I didn't even know who Upton was until that prom business came up. She owes the kid a favor.

9. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Well, the celebrity in question should feel able to decline graciously without people making him/ her out to be a jerk. I wish the media would stop super-publicizing theses requests.

10. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

May 14th this year is a Wednesday, so I don't think that's the correct date. March 14th, however, is on a Friday. If that's the correct date of his prom, it's 10 days before Worlds begin....I doubt she'd be able to go that close to it.

ETA: Never mind....I just watched his original video request, and his prom is on May 16th :eek:. I figured it was in March as most of the proms around here are in March or April and not in May.

11. Johnny_Fever

I agree. 'Extra' set Gracie up with a sneak attack. They had the guy right there on the set ready to ambush her. She looked dumbfounded, "Great. Now what do I do?"

12. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

All the proms here are in May or early June. It would be cool if she is able to go, but understandable if she is not.

13. snoopyskater

snoopyskater Member

Also... isn't Gracie supposed to be dating Max Aaron? Or is that over now? If they are still an item, I'm sure he wouldn't like her going on this "date".

14. Skittl1321

I thought I read something that indicated that was over.

I'm not sure I believe it was ever anything but PR.

15. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

Basic translation: a teenager who who probably likes Gracie but is also interested in his 15 minutes of fame. Ashley got a prom request, too, but her guy didn't look like Malibu Ken so the TV quotient isn't as high. I agree these prom/dance/"celebrity, go with me to an event" videos are getting pretty trite and too frequent. Hopefully, Gracie can find a graceful way to get out of this unless she really wants to go.

16. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Nah, the kid puts him/herself into that position when they decide to ask a celeb for a date.

17. neptune

neptune Well-Known Member

18. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Excuse me? Why, exactly, does Upton owe him anything?

19. redfiretrees

redfiretrees Figure Skating Fan in the Tropics

Hi everyone! First post I've been lurking for a weeks. Yes, I hope if she really ends up not being able to go because of Stars on Ice the media won't be too harsh on her.

20. rosiekins

rosiekins New Member

I think it's pathetic and disgusting. /cynical and proud, LOL.

21. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Gracie Gold is a pretty girl. I think her accent is so cute! :)

22. Johnny_Fever

True. If the kid wants to embarrass himself, that's his problem.

Kate Upton owes us all. She takes up far too much press just for doing a lame duggie dance.

That'll teach Gracie to tweet about somebody's video.

Gracie's got an accent?

23. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Being that I'm not from Missouri or Illinois, yes, from my perspective she has a noticeable Midwestern accent that I'm not used to hearing in daily conversation. She sounds sweet!

24. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

Aw that's awesome! I was hoping Gracie would say yes! :cool:

25. RD

RD Well-Known Member

I don't like the way that show put her on the spot like that. In a way it pressured her to respond in a positive manner. If she knows she can't make it, she should be upfront and tell the guy she can't go, that she has a conflict instead of "stringing him along", or worse, "standing him up".

I'm also not a fan of these grand video proposals asking high-profile folks (e.g., celebrities) out on dates or to proms. It seems to me to be as much of an attention-grab for themselves as it is a genuine offer for a date. I'm sure there are plenty of local options as well.

Also, that guy gave her flowers on the show and knelt down...sorry folks but SERIOUSLY? What is he thinking???:eek::scream: They are meeting for the first time for goodness sake (ETA: Unless - just occurred to me - this is all "part of the show" so to speak, and they already met off camera beforehand. Still, I cringed...just. simply. awful.)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  26. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

I'm pretty sure the media has already forgotten about it. They never seem to follow up on these things. It's all about the initial (flashy) proposal.

ETA unless the star's PR team follows up.

Hopefully it was all set up with her permission ahead of time.

But the whole thing strikes me as kind of stalkerish, not cute at all.

27. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

Pathetic? yes. Cute? not at all.

28. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I really hate the way that the media - whether it is an entertainment mag or show, the star's PR team or who ever sets these things up - play on the kids who really want to meet the star and have some "15 minutes of fame" hearts

The ones set up by Make a Wish or other organizations, those make me happy and I feel have the best outcome for all involved because it is a well orchestrated event, since all parties are actively involved in setting it up.

29. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

This. The kid screams creepy attention you-know-what.
    Gracie doesn't owe him SQUAT!

30. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

Gracie should have just told the interviewer "I don't even know this guy. He could be a nut for all I know. Scwew you for putting me on the spot. YOU take him to his prom. Idiot."

I find these surprise proposals from a stranger creepy and unprofessional for an interviewer to spring on someone. What if an interviewer had John Hinckley Jr. ask Jodie Foster to the prom on LIVE TV before the crap hit the fan?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014