Gracie Gold on Today Show - Fri. Jan. 11

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Sylvia, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

This will be her first appearance and she's scheduled for 8:50 a.m. Eastern time.

manhn and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Dilng

Dilng Well-Known Member

Thank you for letting us know. :)

3. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Thanks Sylvia, I will be home in the morning so I will try to watch. Good for her!

4. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

After her interview she skated to "This girl is on fire" by Alicia Keyes. I'm sure it will be up on their website in due course if you missed it.

5. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see that's she's putting a lot more emotion into her skating as well as musicality but IMO, she is still a work in progress. She widely downgraded her triple lutz to a double or else she would have killed herself on that small rink.

6. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Gracie was cute.

7. YukiNieve

YukiNieve Active Member

8. mtnskater

mtnskater Well-Known Member

Gracie has star power and a great presence on TV. She is gorgeous. Still needs work on the grace factor....if she could stop pumping her back and keep it straight and pulled up she would be there. I hope she can work with a new choreographer next year. She just needs refinement.
    Maybe we can get her to study Sasha Cohen vids!!!

9. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Something a tad juvenile and rough about her skating (still). I'm sure that she'll gain flow, musicality and finesse in time. She has the jumps, for sure. Wishing she does well in Omaha!

10. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I think it's the choreography that's not doing her any favor. Gracie is a fluid performer, but there were so much meaningless constant arm-wavings in that exhibition that it became annoying. I wonder if the same guy that did her LP also gave her this exhibition piece?

11. demetriosj

demetriosj Well-Known Member

Don't know about that, but while she does skate fast, she certainly does not have nice, secure, deep edges.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  12. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

I also think Gracie has star power. And musicality, as well. And grace, and nice line. There is something that bothers me a little that I cannot quite put my finger on- I'll have to study Gracie's videos to be sure exactly what it is. Something about coordinating arm movements and lower body. But it's nothing that cannot be overcome in a year or two. She is quite wonderful.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  13. brina

brina Well-Known Member

I say it's the Kimmie Meissner arms.

14. apatinar

apatinar Active Member

what a boring performance..

15. nylynnr

nylynnr Active Member

Just a friendly reminder, the rink at Rockefeller Center has been known to bring many experienced pro skaters to tears. It is virtually impossible to skate anything like your best show program there, although it is a wonderful set up with the Today Show and a fabulous site. Sometimes, the ice is not Zammed prior to the guest skater doing his/her program; they just step out after a brutal public session. Certainly Gracie can make improvements but I wouldn't judge anything by her Rock Center program.