GPF Qualifier- Pairs

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Sep 29, 2012.

?

Who will make GPF?

Poll closed Oct 19, 2012.
  1. Volosozhar/Trankov

96.1%
  2. Pang/Tong

71.1%
  3. Denney/Coughlin

36.8%
  4. Kavaguti/Smirnov

75.0%
  5. Duhamel/Radford

52.6%
  6. Moore-Towers/Moscovitch

48.7%
  7. Peng/Zhang

5.3%
  8. Sui/Han

9.2%
  9. Savchenko/Szolkowy

96.1%
  10. Takahashi/Tran

61.8%
  11. Berton/Hotarek

2.6%
  12. Stolbova/Klimov

9.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Who will make GPF for Pairs?

2. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Sui/Han is out for the season:(

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

I don't believe this is confirmed yet? Or do you know of a link?

The rumor I've read here is that they may miss the GP series, but their names have yet to be crossed out on the ISU site.

Here's the earlier Sui/Han rumor thread from late August: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84792

4. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

B/L too, Vera was injured competing in Nebelhorn
    although its not yet sure if they will go to surgery, they are still consulting doctors, it could take 3 months off the ice

5. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

I think haribobo was aware of this when he left Bazarova/Larionov off the poll choices.

6. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

V/T, P/T, K/S, S/S, T/T, D/R I expect, but Denney & Coughlin could surprise (unfortunately).

7. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

That's a really bad news. I thought this was going to be their year to develop their artistry.

8. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Assuming S/H and B/L are out (and neither have confirmed so it may be just a bad rumor but to me they are out for now) but because of the way the grand prix’s are set up the only two teams who are a lock now are V/T and S/S.

I have no idea how P/T look but I'm sure they will win Cup of China but K/S should do well enough for second, they may even win. However if K/S get 3rd behind the Canadians and get 3rd behind the Canadians again in Paris, they are out. I doubt that will happen, but stranger things have happened in skating. Both teams from Canada are set up well D/R have easy competitions, they should get 2nd at Skate Canada and 3rd (maybe 2nd) at TEB. MTM should get 3rd or 4th (maybe better) at Cup of China and they can win NHK assuming S/H and B/L are out. T/T are so inconsistent they can't be trusted to win NHK even at home but with such a weak field 2nd place is a lock in Japan but if they do well in China they can get second. If K/S get third at both of their GP's and D/C get 2nd and third (which they should) they will get in ahead of K/S.
    I guess the Cup of China will be the first test of who won’t get in.