GPF Qualifier- Dance

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Sep 29, 2012.

?

Who will make GPF in Dance?

Poll closed Oct 19, 2012.
  1. Shibutani/Shibutani

38.6%
  2. Davis/White

92.8%
  3. Pechalat/Bourzat

90.4%
  4. Bobrova/Soloviev

49.4%
  5. Ilinykh/Katsalapov

36.1%
  6. Weaver/Poje

89.2%
  7. Virtue/Moir

96.4%
  8. Cappellini/LaNotte

44.6%
  9. Sinitsina/Zhiganshin

2.4%
  10. Gilles/Poirier

3.6%
  11. Zhiganshina/Gazsi

2.4%
  12. Hubbell/Donohue

2.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Who will make GPF in Dance?

2. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Well looking at who is competing where, it should be the top 6 from last year's worlds unless something happens.

3. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

I don't understand those who are voting for Bobrova/Soloviev. We also have to consider who will be competing against who at each GP event, not just how strong each team is per se. Or do you think that B/S will have improved so much that they'll be able to beat Weaver/Poje at two events? I personally don't believe it at this point.

Cappellini/Lanotte are almost sure to get two second places at their events and a pass to GPF this time if nothing serious happens, and I am glad for them. But Ilinykh/Katsalapov will be competing with Shibutanis for their two second places (because you never know - S/S might come back strong this season).

4. Proustable

Proustable New Member

The top five spots are going to V/M, D/W, W/P, P/B and C/L. It'll be between the Shibs and I/K for the last spot. I'm gonna predict the Shibs, because they'll likely be more prepared.

5. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Virtue & Moir, Davis & White, Weaver & Poje, Pechalat & Bourzat, Capellini & Lanotte will make it. Probably I/K for the other spot, I dont think it matters if the Shibutanis are more prepared, if I/K keep improving they are the more talented pair and will stay ahead.

6. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I would love to see I&K at the GPF, but that may be too much to expect of them right now.

7. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I dont think so. They were top 5 at Worlds. They medaled at Europeans. Things indicate they are moving forward and they should continue to expect to do so. To not make the GP final, particularly if they didnt make it because they couldnt even beat the Shibutanis, would be a major step backwards, and if they are taking those at this point they will probably never reach their potential.

On another note I fully expect Weaver & Poje to pass Pechalat & Bourzat this year starting with winning their first ever grand prix event in their head to head meeting. I will be very surprised if that doesnt happen, with Worlds in Canada I expect the CSA who has gotten quite good at politiking will be delving right into things, and plus I think they are passing P&B as a better team anyway at this point.

8. Proustable

Proustable New Member

re: I/K vs the Shibs

Maybe, but I think I/K are more prone to the points-losing mistakes (ie levels) than the Shibs.

re: P/B vs W/P
    Agreed. The big advantage W/P have early in the season is that when they meet at CoC, it'll be P/B's first event but W/P will have already done two (Ondrej Nepala and Skate America) so they'll be ahead on getting the levels down (especially on the Polka).