God Hates Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Ziggy, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Civic

Civic New Member

The irony is that this is the jihadi mindset as well. You're either their kind of Muslim or you're an infidel. The Soul Patrollers I encountered during my college days were similar in their insistence on defining what was 'appropriate' behavior for African-American students. Pains in the a$$, all of 'em.
    Dr.Siouxs and (deleted member) like this.
  2. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

What are Soul Patrollers, Civic? I've never heard of them before.
  3. Civic

Civic New Member

Soul Patrollers were what we called African-American students who were really into Afrocentrism and thought other African-American students should be as well. To be fair, many of them were decent people who participated in worthy activities like tutoring black kids in inner-city schools. However, their self-righteousness and pushiness were real turnoffs for me. Having grown up with strict parents, the last thing I wanted in college was for someone else telling me what to do.

In hindsight, I realize the Soul Patrollers and I dealt with our shared situation differently. I'd been around working class black folks all my life and wanted to see what else was out there. I viewed my college years as a time to explore the world beyond my community of origin. In contrast, Soul Patrollers dealt with being black at our overwhelming white, affluent college by focusing on their ties to working class black folks and the broader Black Diaspora.
  4. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Well-Known Member

If you want to know their beliefs, you should go to their website. Their "interpretation" of the Bible is quite, um, interesting.
  5. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Well-Known Member

6. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

What is funnier is that the signs saying “God hates shrimp — Leviticus” and “God hates cotton-polyester blends” are accurate! :lol:
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Yeah that's the point. :D

God Hates WBC because they dress in mixed fibres. :drama:
  8. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

Looks like in go(o)d company, I cannot stand her either ... :lol:
  9. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Well-Known Member

10. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

The University of Oregon (or at least an all-male a capella group there) must not be in God's good graces either. ;)

Lady Gaga - Bad Romance