Glee Season Two, Take Three

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by dramagrrl, Apr 27, 2011.

1. dramagrrl

dramagrrl New Member

If anyone wants to change the title to something more creative, please feel free to alert the mods... ;)

Pulling this over from the last thread:

Lauren smacking down on Quinn was the greatest thing about this episode and possibly the whole season. It's about time someone gave Quinn a taste of her own medicine. I totally cheered and was not that amused that Lauren ended up apologizing by the end of the episode. Quinn deserved every bit of it.
    flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I was actually glad that Lauren apologized, not because I like Quinn, but just the way that went down was crazy mean. It also made me see her as a much more dimensional character.
  3. dramagrrl

dramagrrl New Member

I don't see how it was more "crazy mean" to out a girl who is trying to sell herself on her prettiness than it was for Quinn to say to Lauren's face that her campaign for Prom Queen was a joke because she's overweight. The whole bit with her adding "when they try to shove the tiara on your fat head" or whatever it was she said sealed the deal for me that Quinn deserves any nastiness she gets, public or private.

Lauren is right; Quinn is a fraud who hates herself. That doesn't make her a Poor Little Rich Girl who should therefore be able to get away with bitchiness and cruelty to others while running away crying from the little bits of revenge some of those others try to enact on her.
  4. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

I find Lauren one dimensional and grating. I think I dont like the actress who plays her. All of her lines seem sort of flat and rushed to me. Plus so far it seems like she cant sing or dance.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I loved Kurt's song.
  6. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

What was Kurts song? Never heard it before.
  7. my little pony

as if we never said goodbye from sunset blvd
  8. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Is there a skater(s) who have skated to this recently that it would be very popular/one of their signature pieces? I have never seen Sunset Blvd, but I knew every word to this song as Kurt sung it, and I can't imagine where else I could have heard this song from?
  9. my little pony

i dont know about a skater but i dont watch exhibitions. i know barbra streisand has recorded it and performed it live.
  10. my little pony

11. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

OK, now I really want a LIKES BOYS t-shirt. Way to bring back the Frankie Says Relax style :rofl:
  12. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I swear I think he sang it better than Glenn Close.
  13. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

My LOL moment came with this exchange:

Kurt: Barbara Streisand

Rachel: Is she here?

Kurt: We're in mall in Ohio

Me: LMAO!
  14. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me but I thought that whole dance in the mall was so stupid, would had been better for Kurt, Mercedes and Rachel to have another overnight watching Barbra Steisand movies as the intervention.
  15. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

Here's how old and out of touch I am - I didn't even know what the hell a flash mob was. I thought the whole scene was intended to be a fantasy sequence until my neice explained the flash mob craze.
  16. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

So did you miss the Safety Dance episode? I thought that one did a better flash mob- only because the weird techno Barbra Streisand music was WTF...

Although that flash mob was part of a dream sequence, so maybe it wouldn't have helped clarify the idea.
  17. my little pony

i think even glenn would agree with you, that was beautiful and i never liked that song before last night. i couldnt download it fast enough.
  18. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

Meh, I don't like Kurt's voice at all. I love him as a character, though.

Loved the Unpretty/I'm Feel Pretty mash up.
  19. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I loved it. I thought it gave both Quinn and Lauren a little more depth, was glad to see Emma finally dealing with her OCD and glad to see Kurt back.

I also loved the Rachael/Quinn song.

Oh, and for whoever asked in the last thread, Mike Chang HAS sung on the show. Badly. The actor was brought on board to be a dancer, but like Brittany, he's been promoted to series regular. I don't think he can really sing :lol:

Loved the continuity with Finn...Will has mentioned before that he needed a dance that was 'Finn proof', so his bad dancing is something that's been a theme for a while.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  20. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

My DVR didn't tape the last 1/2 hour (weather problems pre-empted it) so I have a lot of questions.

What did Lauren say/do that was so mean?

What dis Britteny mean by Lebanese?

What did everyone have on their shirts?

What was the mall scene all about?

What was in Quinn's past?

Thanks in advance.
  21. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

The best thing to do is go to ch131.com or surfthechannel and watch the episode you missed. IN fact, being in the US, I think you could watch it on the Fox website.

If you really want to know...read on.

Lauren did some digging and found out that Quinn used to be a chubby brunette named Lucy who had a different nose. She then put posters with photographic evidence all over the school. And later apologised. I didn't think it was any meaner than Quinn's own Glist last season so it could be argued that she had it coming...

Brittany mean Lesbian.

The kids all had something they didn't like about themselves, or had struggled with, put onto their shirts to show that they loved themselves and were 'born this way'.
    taf2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  22. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

lauren sought out history on quinn. found out that quinn had been overweight, wore glasses, had an imperfect nose - called lucy caboosy (lucy is apparently quinn's first name). Put up lucy caboosy posters all over the school, sort of in a bullying way. Which is why I wondered where Santana as the bully patrol was.

Brittney in true Brittney fashion meant lesbian

Mall scene was to have Rachel embrace her barbra nose

Shirts - let's see if I remember
    Tina: Brown Eyes
    Artie: Four Eyes
    Brittney: I'm with Stupid pointing up to her
    Puck: I'm with stupid pointing to his penis
    Shue: Butt Chin
    Emma: OCD
    Michael: Can't Sing
    Finn: Can't Dance
    Kurt: Likes Boys
    Rachel: ? Nose
    Mercedes: No Weave
    Santana: Lebanase (sitting in the auditorium not singing/dancing)
    Quinn: Lucy Caboosy
    Lauren: ?
  23. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

Lauren's shirt was Bad Attitude

And you can't leave out Emma's original shirt... Ginger :)
  24. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

Lauren's shirt said 'bad attitude'.

What does Mercedes's 'no weave' shirt mean? That's the only one I didn't get.

Overall, this episode was definitely a step up from some of the recent ones. I loved the Rachel/Quinn duet and the scenes with Lauren and Quinn. I feel like we're finally starting to see a little more from one-dimentional characters like Lauren and Santana.
  25. numbers123

Weave is what African American women use when talking about wigs or other hairpieces.
  26. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

I thought that's what it was, but I don't really get why that's something she has difficulty accepting about herself. I think her hair looks pretty the way it is.

Either way, the t-shirt thing sounded totally corny, but it was done pretty well. I loved Finn's and Brittany's shirts. And of course the special "Lebanese" shirt Brittany made. :rofl:
  27. numbers123

I think but am not certain, that she was saying that people think she has a weave, but it is not?
  28. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

But in episode 8 or 9 of the first season when one of the jocks is approaching her with a slushie (which eventually goes to Quinn and Finn, I think) she clutches her hair in fear and screams, "MY WEAVE!"

(I promise you I don't have a memory that good, I just happened to re-watch that episode this morning and that caught my attention since I was thinking about how stupid I thought her shirt was.)

Not that this show has any consistency whatsoever, but still...
  29. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Well my fan-wanking explanation is Mercedes thinks weaves are cool and diva-like so she walks around pretending she's got one. Then in this episode her revelation is she has no weaves at all.
  30. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Somewhat OT, but Chris Rock did a documentary on black women and their weaves, called "Good Hair"....very interesting. It showed little girls as young as 4 getting their hair straightened and stuff so they could "look white" :(
  31. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

We watched that in my Minority Women In the US class last semester. Very disturbing that the mothers didn't see what was wrong with that :( but then I sit back and know they would probably tell me I didn't understand the culture. I always feel so awkward when confronted with those sorts of things.
  32. DBZ

DBZ Well-Known Member

Just saw the latest episode after skipping a bunch and...can we just change the title to "The Santana Show?"

I can't get enough of her. :lol: I think she's becoming the funniest, most interesting character on the show.

I find myself fastforwarding to all her scenes just to hear what crazy funny thing she has to say next. I mean, "Trouty Mouth?" That's just gold.

In fact, even on a dramatic level, I actually feel more empathy for her coming out/sexuality struggles than Kurt. :shuffle:
  33. numbers123

Sam: Trouty Mouth - another tee-shirt I forgot.
  34. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

Although I like Santana's increase in plot lines, I hope they don't do to her like they did with Sue. Last seasons, everyone was ff'ing through scenes just to get to Sue's scene to hear what crazy thing she'd say next. The writers got wind of that and now we're on Sue overload and it's not that funny anymore. There's a delicate balance they've got to keep, and I hope they're learning this.
  35. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

Thanks *Jen* & all who explained the parts I missed. I didn't have time last night but now I'm going to the website to try to watch the last 1/2 hour.
  36. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I can't even process everything that just happened.
  37. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Gwenyth who? I LIVE for Kristin Chenoweth :swoon: AMAZING
  38. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I'm liking Kristen Chenowith's Fleetwood Mac cover.
  39. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

And Oliver and I just started weeping like babies during the Google Chrome/It Gets Better commercial.
  40. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Wow. This has been an eventful first ten minutes. I don't know which was more over the top--Lard the Cat on Atkins or Sue as David Bowie.

At first, I thought Sue's second outfit was supposed to be a mocking of Gwyneth Paltrow. :rofl:

ETA: On DVR, so just now hitting Cheno's cover. Damn, she's a great singer, and what makes her a great singer is that she knows when to be soft and when to belt it out. She understands the songs she sings so she doesn't overpower them.