Glee: Season 5

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by DaveRocks, Sep 28, 2013.

1. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

From the end of the Season 4 thread:

Like manhn, I thought that "Yesterday" was poignant. Wow. And I, too, am not a fan of what they did to Figgins.

I'm very interested to see how they handle Finn's death in Episode 3.

manhn and (deleted member) like this.
  2. DaveRocks

Oh yes, Adam Lambert will be on in Episode 4. His character's name: Starchild. :rofl:

3. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

I hated every second of the premiere. I think that I might be done with the show. :(

4. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much only watching for the music, and to see Finn's goodbye. After that I dunno.

Strange how everyone can have a complete reversal in opinion when it comes to teen marriage. Oh wait, I forgot this is GLEE...a show as bipolar as any show can be. One week they're tackling domestic abuse and bullying, and the next week they're presenting Sue's illegal, immoral and insensitive abuse and bullying as a joke. Yeah, this show can't decide if it wants to be a satire or a drama.

5. jenniferlyon

jenniferlyon Well-Known Member

Can't get excited about Kurt and Blaine's engagement. Teenagers are too young to get married, whether they're gay or straight. Public marriage proposals make me cringe no matter who is doing it.

Sassafras and (deleted member) like this.
  6. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

^^^
    And yet, teens DO marry.
    Some of those marriages work.

For many of our parents, it would have been "unusual" to marry later.

7. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

8. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Did anyone else think Marly looked preggers? She has so blown up that I didn't realize who it was at first.
    Daddy is Rider in real life I guess. No wonder they got engaged.

9. jenniferlyon

No, I didn't catch that. Are they going to write it into the show?

10. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Doubt it would be written into show, probably someone would make a comment about her weight gain after having an eating disorder last year

11. walei

walei Well-Known Member

I think Glee is a comedy, at least when they apply for awards its classified as comedy. Glee is on its fifth year now, the "this show is so bipolar" comment is SO 3 years ago :lol: j/k. I still like most of the characters including the newbies, and the musical performances are still very well produced.

12. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

Me too. And a lot of shows these days aren't just strictly one or the other. House was funny and dramatic. And there are always touching moments on Modern family. The New Michael j Fox show was funny and almost made me cry at one point. Glee has always been poignant, touching and funny since Day one. It has always had drama and satire. It has however, lost some of it's darker and dirtier edge since Ryan Murphy decided to pander to the young audience. And true it is a little less funny. but it hasn't changed that much really in tone.

The actress who play Marley didn't balloon at all. She has always worn baggy clothes as is her character. She was recently at an event looking svelte as always.

13. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

She didn't look pregnant. I don't think they would write another teen pregnancy into the show. If she were pregnant in real life you would have for sure seen and heard about it by now.

14. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Just the preview for next week's show made me cry, gonna need tons of tissues next week. #goodbyeFinn

15. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Loved the yeast infection commercial. I actually like Demi Levato.

What I hate--Sam's hair.

16. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Oh, I love long hair!! :swoon:

17. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I just saw the promo and I really don't think I can watch the Finn goodbye. I didn't think it'd affect me so much and despite my feelings about the show, I can't deny that it has had some sort of impact on me. Watching Cory Monteith all these years (as a newcomer to tv show regular)...I don't know if I could handle it.

18. DaveRocks

Yep. :wuzrobbed

19. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Nice to see Tina gets some story lines even if it's another coming back from humiliation plot. Sue Sylvester is also a caricature but who cares because Jane Lynch can still deliver those one liners, but the cake has to go to Santana's commercial "I like yeast in my bagel, but not in my muffins!"

I died.

Already teared up a little watching that promo, and the song list is

- Seasons Of Love (Rent)
    - I'll Stand By You (The Pretenders)
    - Fire and Rain (James Taylor)
    - If I Die Young (The Band Perry)
    - No Surrender (Bruce Springsteen)
    - Make You Feel My Love (Bob Dylan, covered by Adele)

Always want them to do Seasons of Love...just can't believe it will probably be in the saddest episode of Glee... I will cry buckets.

20. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

You can be sure I'll be watching this one alone. I see an "ugly cry" in my future.

21. Spareoom

Oh my gosh...I've never cried from a 30 second spot before. Next week is going to be rough.

22. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

It's been forever since I watched Glee, but I'll be tuning in this week. That promo...I've never been brought to tears by a promo either, but this one did it. Kudos to the cast and crew for getting through the filming of the episode - I'm going to be a wreck just watching it.

23. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

All around great episode. The actress who plays Carol (Finn's mom) was particularly exceptional.

24. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I was hysterical crying watching the scene between Burt and Carol, the entire cast did a great job, you could see the tears were real and you felt their pain.

25. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Apparently, the scene where Santana breaks down during the song wasn't scripted - Naya Rivera couldn't get through the song and they decided to leave it in the show. :(

26. Spareoom

So many tears. Make every day count...you never know when it will be over.

27. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Tears in my eyes the entire episode. You can feel the grief...

28. jenniferlyon

So sad... The scenes with Puck and Coach Bieste deserve a mention.

29. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

I couldn't read what Puck had written on the side of the tree. I agree the scenes with Puck and Coach were special.

30. AshleyN

AshleyN Well-Known Member

Well, that was thoroughly gutting. Like many viewers I assume, I gave up on Glee awhile ago but tuned in last night. The Hummel/Hudson scene and everything involving Rachel/Lea pretty much broke me, in an ugly-crying sort of way.

Quarterback

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013