Glee! Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by altai_rose, Sep 14, 2012.

1. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

So who do you think is catfishing Jake?

2. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I will never tire of Tina's (completely justified) hatred of Santana.

Way too many songs and none of them were particularly good. I ff'd everything on the NY side.

Also, Sam needs to chill. Is he really trying to suggest that his childhood was tougher than Artie's?

It seems like a foregone conclusion that it's Unique who's texting Ryder. Who else can it be? Tina has shown no interest in Ryder and Brittany can't spell. Maybe it's Sugar.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  3. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

And we're sure it's not Kitty? Because I'm pretty sure it's Kitty. She started it as a joke and now she wants to get out of it and still save face because she's grown to like Ryder, but her reaction to getting rejected means that she knows she's stuck between a rock and a hard place.

4. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

On another note, did anyone else enjoy Darren Criss in that rather uh... revealing outfit he had on during the exercise class? Dayumn that woke me up! :swoon:

5. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I have thought it was Unique for weeks, but, after last night, I think the chances are good that it is Kitty.

6. just tuned in

just tuned in Active Member

I loved the retro workout clothes and the dancercise routine. Brings back happy memories from 1985.

As for the storyline with Ryder and Kitty, it looks like a version of "you've Got Mail" and its many earlier iterations.

Eta, sorry for the dups. iPad problems.

7. just tuned in

dup

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  8. just tuned in

duplicate

9. just tuned in

[

10. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

After last night, I think it might be Kitty too. She's kind of stuck in the Katie persona when she really likes Ryder but how can she admit to it now.

11. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I just watched the season finale.... booooring. No wonder I had to go to page 4 to find this thread and the episode aired two days ago. :lol: Why drop Rachel's storyline after the first scene? It was the only thing I cared about.

12. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Was that the finale? So...Rachel didn't get the part or that was supposed to be a cliffhanger? I fast forwarded through a lot of it, so I assumed I missed the Rachel bit :shuffle:

13. znachki

znachki Active Member

Cliffhanger! They had to do something to get people to tune back in next season.

Count me in as another disappointed viewer - and my expectations for this show have never been very high.

They are going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to keep this going. Especially as they have a 2 year committment!

14. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

The most boring season finale ever.

15. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

16. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I've never actually liked any of the show's season finales except for maybe season one, so this was par for the course. I liked the wedding and Brittany's farewell. The Regionals performance was quite subpar, though. I did like this Jessica Sanchez. Never saw her AI season.

17. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Now ubering Machida's hair

That finale was... Odd?

What happened to Rachel? What about Kurt and Blaine? It was so strange to introduce 2 new people, the lesbians, in a finale?

I like that Brittany has some hidden genius - I wonder if they will do something with it. I wonder if next season will be the time leading up to nationals, rather than next school year.

Why would you put Mike Chang in an episode and not have him dance. :(.

18. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Next season will be the remainder of the school year, the finale will be graduation.

19. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

That's smart, since they probably want to keep the seniors (Artie, Tina, Blaine, etc.) on for as long as possible without having to resort to the "Surprise, we're here!" cameos.

20. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Agree on the boring part. I didn't even like the songs at Regionals that much.

That's why I wished they would have started the show with the major characters all being freshman. You know you can get a (somewhat) believable 4 years of shows and follow a typical high school arc. Then slowly introduce 1-2 characters each season to be able to phase the older ones out. They shoved so many new characters at one time, I don't really care about them. I thought ER always did that well when integrating new characters when they knew the stars would leave. Glee forced them too much.

But I'll still watch. :)

judiz and (deleted member) like this.
  21. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

But it makes more sense to introduce new characters in a school setting. The problem Glee has that ER didn't is that they can prepare when the stars are leaving but Glee seems to want to keep everyone and yet it has to bring in a new class of students.

22. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

"I'm so shocked that Unique was the secret computer girl!" - No one

23. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I'm not shocked or surprised at all.

24. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was pretty obvious. It was more shocking for those few seconds I thought it was Marley...

25. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

Yes, it was very obvious. That is why I quoted no one. ;)

26. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I agree with BaileyCatts that the show should had started in the freshman year and then introduced new cast members slowly.

27. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Me too. I was let down when I thought it was Marley.

28. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Someone else can start a new thread.

The premier was okay. "Yesterday" was very, very poignant. And even though Blaine and Kurt getting married is undoubtedly ridiculous, I have to say I was impressed by Blaine's actual proposal.

I thought Ryder was gonna quit Glee Club. Why is he still here?

Oh man, I hate humiliation humour and I hope this storyline with Mr. Figgins is over--stat.

29. TalentedButHumble

TalentedButHumble Well-Known Member

Since I started following Glee again this summer (after two years) I've been influenced by anti-Blaine-&-Darren web posts. So I wish Kurt's life wasn' t dominated by him.
    And even if I didn't find an overbearing 17 y.o.'s proposal blah, RealLife took me out of those scenes. First Burt wishing he'd had more time with his wife; then Lea/Rachel being in frame during Blaine's speech. :(
    But luved, luved, luved [pun!] her in the diner scenes. Can ya tell I'm mainly here for the Lea? And some Chris.
    The only newbie that's remotely interesting is Kitty, altho Puckerman the Sequel is kinda cute/ a good dancer. But really, NYC people, NYC. That's your stars. (Tho thank lawd they got them out of that dark apt. and dance studio.)

30. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Everyone told Rachel and Finn they were too young to be engaged but it was okay for Blaine and Kurt who had only reconciled a few days before?

Mercedes was there only to pat Kurt's back as he walked into Dalton?

They need to give Tina a real storyline, she is an original cast member whose background story is still unknown

Now that they are engaged, do we meet Blaine's parents?

Missed Finn not being there to see his stepbrother get engaged

not happy how Sue became principal, would rather they wrote Figgins out, even in world of Glee, too farfetched for the principal to be demoted to janitor