Glee! Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by altai_rose, Sep 14, 2012.

1. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

The Warblers were doing all those gymnastic and tumbling moves, which was a very different form of choreography for the school. That change caused Sam to suspect something was up.

2. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

ahhh. :shuffle: me thinks I need to go back and watch that episode again too. Totally don't remember that! :lol:

3. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Eating dinner at 9 doesn't sound too odd to me.

4. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Especially since the Warblers use to have no dance moves in their routines.

5. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Baby got back!!! BWAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. nypanda

nypanda Well-Known Member

I do. :shuffle: But then again, I live in New York! :p

7. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I liked the first part of the show when old Rachel and new Rachel were singing a duet.
    The rest was pretty much a yawn.

8. Ares

Ares Guest

Santana is moving to New York! :cheer2:

I think it's admirable that Blaine is proud to show that a straight guy and a gay guy can be friends, and that he's not a "predatory gay" as he put it. I, however, want them to make out.

9. walei

walei Well-Known Member

I know most people don't care about Glee anymore but they are finally going to pay tribute to

Spice Girls
    !!!

Kitty = Ginger, Unique = Baby, Marley = Posh, Britney = Sporty, Tina = Scary

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

10. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

I know who the "tribute" is but can honestly say I can not name a single song. :confused: Maybe I'll recognize the songs when I hear them. :lol:

11. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Oh yea! I loved(spoiler).

12. VIETgrlTerifa

I tolerated a lot from this show and even defended it when I thought people were being overly snarky just to be snarky. However, this season simply isn't any fun. If Glee is no longer fun, then I don't know what's there to watch. I know this show has had a lot of criticism on its treatment of teenaged sex and putting female virginity on a pedestal, and now that criticism is given more credence with this latest storyline.

There's only so much melodrama, sentimentality, and after-school special morality mixed in with absurdist humor, caricatures, and unbelievable cruelty that every character possesses one can take before simply not caring anymore and moving on. I know others have already sort of wised-up, but I kept giving it a chance because there were still great moments.

13. walei

walei Well-Known Member

My highschool self just crapped his pants because they are also doing

Backstreet Boys / N'Sync mash-up!!!

14. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

I liked the last Glee Project better than this Glee season.

15. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

Same here. It was easier to look past stupid, unbelievable moments when the show still had its charm; but that's long-gone, replaced with diluted characters and plotlines that manage to be absurd and boring at the same time. At this point, I feel like I could write something better. Time to move on.

16. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

That's sort of how I feel, but I know the one episode I miss will be a really good one...maybe :(

17. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I've read the spoilers about Ryder's online girlfriend but want your opinions on who it may be and where the storyline is going.

18. VIETgrlTerifa

Is it like Manti Te'o?

19. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

what/who is that?

20. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

He's a Notre Dame football player. During this season, his grandmother and his girlfriend both died within a few hours of each other and he honored them by playing on. After the season ended, it was revealed that the girlfriend never existed. He claimed that he was "catfished" as a prank by a guy and had never met the girlfriend. It is rather convoluted and there are some inconsistencies (such as articles that indicated he and the girlfriend first met at Stanford). Nobody really knows the truth, but it was fairly big news for a few weeks.

So the idea here is that Ryder is being catfished and whoever he is chatting with and falling in love with isn't really who she claims to be. Maybe it's a guy. I've seen a lot of speculation that it is probably Unique, but I think that is probably too simple. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be one of the veteran members of the glee club who wanted to unite the younger members of the glee club so it didn't fall apart when they left. It actually could be a good twist if it were Tina and it led to her and Ryder getting together. She did manage to help Mike and his family come together, so it would be in character, plus it would end this storyline of her being totally pathetic and mooning after Blaine. Unfortunately, it will probably turn out to be Blaine or Sam, because in Ryan Murphy's brain, the sun shines out of those two's every orifice.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  21. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Wow. I had to go back 3 pages to find this thread. Is anyone still watching? :shuffle:

My guilty pleasure is ... I love all the songs they did on the Guilty Pleasures episode! :scream:

well, except for the Rachel song, which I don't think I've ever heard before in my life.

22. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I still watch every week but honestly, I prefer the original cast.

23. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

I wish that only Rachel, Kurt and Santana had done the ABBA song.

24. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

Same here.

25. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Brittany as Sporty Spice was uncannily perfect.

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  26. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

Same here. I hate the new kids. I want Glee all about Rachel, Kurt and Santana in NY !!!

27. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Of course they did not know the popularity of the show, but the biggest mistake the writers did was not making most of the cast freshmen in the first season. Declaring so many of them as upperclassmen, the show was forced to quickly introduce a new cast while neglecting those who stayed behind.

28. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

Me three. Marley is particularly annoying. I want her gone. Come to think of it, she can take the utterly uninteresting Unique and Kitty with her.

29. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Actually they were pretty much all sophomores in the first year, not upperclassmen.

The biggest mistake was making basically the entire class sophomores, and not making them all sorts of various ages. Plus it was totally unbelievable that the star cheerleaders, football players, etc., all happened to be sophomores, as well as an entire club. It was a weird decision for sure. And it meant that Quinn was cheerleading captain as a freshman, which... no.

30. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Marley is also so skinny that I fear for her health.