Glee! Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by altai_rose, Sep 14, 2012.

1. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

That was a totally different version of the song to the one I grew up with. The version I knew had lots of references to Christ the saviour being born. This one didn't, unless I didn't hear it?
  2. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Well-Known Member

I was so confused with the Marley story line, WTH happened to her problems? Shouldn't this have been a wakeup call to everyone in glee, and have them confront Kittty and/or do a Marley intervention?

Sam/Brittney came out of nowhere, I don't get it.

Lea Michele has a fantastic voice when they give her the right songs. There is definely no 'new Rachel'.

I hope Kurt turns down NYADA and decides to go into fashion.
  3. Ares

Ares Guest

I'm a week behind so I'm still on Thanksgiving, but I lurrved the let's have a kiki mash up and SJP's character in general.
  4. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that this isn't the end of the Marley storyline.

And did anyone else notice that Rachel, when talking to Finn, was talking about "those kids"? They're a year younger than her, if that! When did she suddenly start dressing and acting like an adult?
    grimey and (deleted member) like this.
  5. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

And how could Rachel know "those kids" respect Finn when she hasn't been home to see Finn and the kids together?
  6. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

So do I. Something has to transpire in order to get them into Nationals. What's the point of the rest of the season if they don't have any more competitions to get ready for. I mean, we watch the show to watch the Glee Glub, not for 12 random people all participating in separate clubs and not interacting with each other in a group.

Do we know yet if the show has been renewed for the 2013-14 season?
  7. skategal

skategal Well-Known Member

Maybe as defending champion they are allowed to come back and compete?
  8. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Rachel went back to Lima to see Grease, so may have seen "those kids" interact with Finn.
  9. grimey

grimey bird is the word

Oh Glee...I have such a love/hate relationship with this show now :( I have no feelings for any of these rehashed characters and Finn as the new Shue REALLY irritates me! Yet I am still compelled to PVR the show. Le sigh.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Ares

Ares Guest

As usual NY was much more interesting than Lima. The only gripe I have is, the Brody sleeping with Kate Hudson conflict was apparently resolved with Brody's "it's not high school anymore, this is what grown ups do" explanation. I prefer Brody to Finn, but Rachel let him off the hook way too easily.
  11. maatTheViking

I agree, it isn't that grow up to sleep around...
    MK06Gold likes this.
  12. Ares

Ares Guest

Not to mention, even if they are just friends, call me crazy but friendship means never having to say "Please don't rock the socks off the woman who is making my life hell 5 minutes after I leave town"
  13. steve skater

steve skater Member

14. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

15. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

I liked the little mini-version of "It's A Wonderful Life", at the beginning.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  16. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I think the cafeteria mom's living through her daughter/co-dependency is troubling to say the least.

Also, Coach Bieste acting as a officiator of their marriage was irresponsible. I'm sure she knows Brittany and Sam well enough, but what if they wouldn't have had sex with one another unless they were married?

I know I shouldn't expect Glee to treat crimes seriously when Sue Sylvester can commit vandalism, theft, assault & battery, and breaking and entering numerous times and quite publicly. Not to mention she is reckless to the well-being of her Cheerios, but I have higher standards for Coach Bieste.

I didn't like the It's a Wonderful Life storyline, but that's my own bias against that whole message. Like really? One person's absence means the whole world won't function? Please. Plus, it's not convincing that it's Artie since nobody really notices he's there until he's given his (probably contractual) own special storyline once a season.

I did like the Kurt/Blaine and the Puckerman storylines.
  17. maatTheViking

I did like the Puckerman storyline the best, too.

I felt the episode in general was a bit too multithreaded, and odd, too many characters acting out of character, like Beaste as you said

I liked the skating - Kim and Brent caught my eye even in the background
  18. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Better than the last 2 shows, I must say.
    Rory/Damian must have taken some serious acting lessions. He was much better than last year.
    And he looked so much older!
  19. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I LOVED the girls' rendition of Locked Out of Heaven. I HATED that Tina is again the Writers' Punching Bag. I LOVED how straightforward Marley was regarding her expectations with Jake.

I found the Warblers' Lance Armstrong Scandal kinda funny, but even if they are disqualified, there is still that Amish group, right?

The New York scenes are sooo boring. Honestly, who eats dinner at 9pm?
  20. BaileyCatts

I was half watching Glee and half watching skating, so maybe I missed something when that kid was talking, but how exactly does doping work for a singing group?! That made no sense at all. I'll have to watch it again. You know they have to come up with something to get New Directions at Nationals this year, but doping ... for a choir?!! Dumb and makes no sense. I would have bought something like an ineligible student better. But then again ... it is Glee!! :lol:
  21. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

The Warblers were doing all those gymnastic and tumbling moves, which was a very different form of choreography for the school. That change caused Sam to suspect something was up.
  22. BaileyCatts

ahhh. :shuffle: me thinks I need to go back and watch that episode again too. Totally don't remember that! :lol:
  23. VIETgrlTerifa

Eating dinner at 9 doesn't sound too odd to me.
  24. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Especially since the Warblers use to have no dance moves in their routines.
  25. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Baby got back!!! BWAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  26. nypanda

nypanda New Member

I do. :shuffle: But then again, I live in New York! :p
  27. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I liked the first part of the show when old Rachel and new Rachel were singing a duet.
    The rest was pretty much a yawn.
  28. Ares

Ares Guest

Santana is moving to New York! :cheer2:

I think it's admirable that Blaine is proud to show that a straight guy and a gay guy can be friends, and that he's not a "predatory gay" as he put it. I, however, want them to make out.
  29. walei

walei Well-Known Member

I know most people don't care about Glee anymore but they are finally going to pay tribute to

Spice Girls
    !!!

Kitty = Ginger, Unique = Baby, Marley = Posh, Britney = Sporty, Tina = Scary

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
  30. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

I know who the "tribute" is but can honestly say I can not name a single song. :confused: Maybe I'll recognize the songs when I hear them. :lol:
  31. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Oh yea! I loved(spoiler).
  32. VIETgrlTerifa

I tolerated a lot from this show and even defended it when I thought people were being overly snarky just to be snarky. However, this season simply isn't any fun. If Glee is no longer fun, then I don't know what's there to watch. I know this show has had a lot of criticism on its treatment of teenaged sex and putting female virginity on a pedestal, and now that criticism is given more credence with this latest storyline.

There's only so much melodrama, sentimentality, and after-school special morality mixed in with absurdist humor, caricatures, and unbelievable cruelty that every character possesses one can take before simply not caring anymore and moving on. I know others have already sort of wised-up, but I kept giving it a chance because there were still great moments.
  33. walei

walei Well-Known Member

My highschool self just crapped his pants because they are also doing

Backstreet Boys / N'Sync mash-up!!!
  34. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

I liked the last Glee Project better than this Glee season.
  35. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

Same here. It was easier to look past stupid, unbelievable moments when the show still had its charm; but that's long-gone, replaced with diluted characters and plotlines that manage to be absurd and boring at the same time. At this point, I feel like I could write something better. Time to move on.
  36. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

That's sort of how I feel, but I know the one episode I miss will be a really good one...maybe :(
  37. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I've read the spoilers about Ryder's online girlfriend but want your opinions on who it may be and where the storyline is going.
  38. VIETgrlTerifa

Is it like Manti Te'o?
  39. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

what/who is that?
  40. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

He's a Notre Dame football player. During this season, his grandmother and his girlfriend both died within a few hours of each other and he honored them by playing on. After the season ended, it was revealed that the girlfriend never existed. He claimed that he was "catfished" as a prank by a guy and had never met the girlfriend. It is rather convoluted and there are some inconsistencies (such as articles that indicated he and the girlfriend first met at Stanford). Nobody really knows the truth, but it was fairly big news for a few weeks.

So the idea here is that Ryder is being catfished and whoever he is chatting with and falling in love with isn't really who she claims to be. Maybe it's a guy. I've seen a lot of speculation that it is probably Unique, but I think that is probably too simple. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be one of the veteran members of the glee club who wanted to unite the younger members of the glee club so it didn't fall apart when they left. It actually could be a good twist if it were Tina and it led to her and Ryder getting together. She did manage to help Mike and his family come together, so it would be in character, plus it would end this storyline of her being totally pathetic and mooning after Blaine. Unfortunately, it will probably turn out to be Blaine or Sam, because in Ryan Murphy's brain, the sun shines out of those two's every orifice.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013