Glee! Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by altai_rose, Sep 14, 2012.

1. znachki

znachki Active Member

The old Rachel would - you remember, the one from the pilot. This one could, but she won't.

2. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I am quickly losing interest in this show. I have no interest in the new people, and I am mad for the old regulars that these new people are taking over the show when the regulars should now have their chance to shine and are still pushed aside.
    I am sad for you Tina, Sam, Arnie, Brittney, and even Unique, Joe, Sugar, Did I leave anyone out?
    How needs these new people?

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Ares

Ares Guest

Brody :smokin:

Rachel needs a solo that blows the roof off. It's been a while.

4. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

We're supposed to be rooting for Finn because he's someone who spent his whole life with words like that being said without any thought and so, yes, he used that word but he also knew immediately that it was wrong. I'm not defending it, but he spent the rest of that speech being the absolute voice of reason for Unique's situation and being the only "adult" who was willing to speak up for her right to be who she is and decide for herself what risks to take. So yes, it ends with a slip of the tongue and using a wrong word but I think we're supposed to understand that Finn's immediate recognition that what he said was wrong is growing up and growing out of where he started this show for Finn. YMMV, of course. But I don't think him saying that word and immediately apologizing should detract from the fact that he was the only one really fighting for Unique while Sue was being horribly transphobic.

Not at most universities. At my university, you wouldn't even get fired for sleeping with your own student and Brody is not Cassandra's student so I doubt there is anything they could do.

I guess I'm in a different place than most people here because I'm loving this season more than I've loved Glee in a while.

Anyways, some spoilers that I thought FSUers would specifically care about for the Christmas episode:

Darren and Chris shot an ice skating scene in NYC last night. They are singing White Christmas and surrounded by skaters. (There are plenty of fan vids floating around. I can track down the links if anybody cares.) Well, come to find out some of those skaters are pretty familiar!

From John Kerr's facebook.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  5. cygnus

cygnus Liberal Furry

Glee is being all kinds of awesome tonight! :)

6. mikey

mikey ...an acquired taste

Are you serious? The only episode I can remember that was worse than this one was last year's Christmas fiasco.

7. cygnus

cygnus Liberal Furry

Yes, I'm serious. I thought it was silly and somewhat surreal and went back to the "old" Glee in tone. Loved the superhero songs.

I agree with you about the Christmas special though.

8. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is the first episode in a long time that I really enjoyed. My favourite moment of the night:
    Blaine: You need a team that gels
    Finn: Yes, we need a team with a lot of gel :D

On the downside, I felt like the bulimia storyline really didn't need to be dragged out for so long and there was a little bit too much "very special episode" on the dyslexia stuff, but it was still the best episode all season and probably going back into season 3. The superhero theme was fun, "Dark Side" was the first Warbler song I think I've ever liked, and it was great to see a big group number again.

9. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Loved seeing Becky, again!

10. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I felt like I was watching a re-run of The Cosby Show with the whole dyslexia stuff. Plus, if his father has a PhD, you'd think he'd be more aware if his son had trouble reading.

Also, it's nice that the show acknowledges that the other cast members are getting shafted for Glee the Next Generation, but it does nothing unless they actually do something about it. We still know nothing about Tina other than her storylines were centered around Mike Chang (outside the end of last season where she had an episode dedicated to her just to throw her a bone but now means nothing because we have all these new stars now). When was the last time Artie had a real episode? When Brittany slept with him?

I even feel bad for Sugar and Jesus Threads now because they were part of the Nationals-winning team, and they're back to just being extras.

11. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Unique wasn't even in the show last night.
    Joe had, what, 1 line?
    I don't think Sugar spoke at all, and Brittney just appears in the background most of the time.
    I will say it again,(and probably every week) that they should never have brought in those new people except what's his name, I can't remember, the winner of Glee Project 2.

12. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

worse episode ever

13. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

What the hell was that song number in Kurt and Rachel's apartment?! I think that is the first time that I have ever really did not like a number on Glee. Ever.

14. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

do you mean let's have a kiki / turkey lurkey time?

15. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

^ Yea. That one. I really hated that.

Sassafras and (deleted member) like this.
  16. my little pony

it's two songs, let's have a kiki is by the scissor sisters, turkey lurkey time is from promises promises

17. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

I hit the mute button

grimey and (deleted member) like this.
  18. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

I just want to see the Christmas show this year, since a lot of famous skaters are in the background.

19. znachki

znachki Active Member

Agh! I'm sorry but it always bugs me when people say that Les Mis is set in the French Revolution (1798). It takes place like 35 years later. It's the June Rebellion - not the revolution.

And the Kiki/Turkey Lurkey was awful. The rest of the ep wasn't much better.

20. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

I kind of liked that mash-up. :slinkaway

21. my little pony

i liked it too except that sarah jessica parker and her horse face were in it. but even mimi imfurst tweeted that it was really gay.

22. znachki

znachki Active Member

If they'd just done KiKi, I'd have been OK with it, or just TL, I just didn't like them together.

23. Sk8fun

Sk8fun Active Member

I usually let the logistics go and tell myself it's Hollywood, not real life. However, I had a really hard time accepting that the whole Sectional competition was right on Thanksgiving around 5:00. Come on. All those people in the audience missed Thanksgiving dinner? A little over the top for me.

24. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

How much did I hate this episode? Let me count the ways.........

25. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I LOVE that Home/Homeward Bound song. So beautiful.

26. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

This is feeling more and more like "Degrassi: The Next Generation"

27. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

I hate the new group. I want the old back. It's .... rehashed. The songs were good though.

28. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Now ubering Machida's hair

I find it ridiculous how the new group is a re-hash of the old group, instead of some unique traits or personalities. Or looks. At least Marley actually seem to be a little different from Rachel, but the eating disorder PBS is too long.

I think it is strange Rachel went from 16 to 25 in no time.

I agree with jamesy, I liked that mash-up. It was sufficiently strange :p

The Kurt/Blaine phone call had me all tearing up (or maybe it is the pregnancy hormones), and I actually somehow think it would be good for Kurt to move on and get some different relationship experience from a story pov.

29. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

The problem I have with the new group (other than being carbon copies of the old) is that I understand they need to ease them in in order for the audience to care about them for the show in the long-run, but they have taken over the storylines completely when Rachel and Kurt aren't having problems in NYC.

30. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

I might care about the new cast more if they were better integrated with the veteran group and not off in their own subclique.