Glee! Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by altai_rose, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I liked the NYC stuff mostly. I don't get the whole Britney Spears thing so the music bored me to death. I hate that they are trying to force Jarley on us with out even bothering to do any character development for either of them. I do not care about these people. You cannot make me ship them. Sam and Brit were cute together. And she was so sad staring at the computer at the end.

But yeah, I liked ep 1 better. I'm looking forward to 3 and 4, though.

2. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

That was about the only redeeming moment in this whole sad episode.

They either need to spin off the NYC cast into their own series (say mid-season) or let them go. It will be practically impossible to develop new characters to care about and try and cling to the old ones as well.

3. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I liked the first one better too.
    I am not interested in the new people too.

They are giving them all the focus and ignoring the old ones.:mad:

4. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Yeah, remember when Tina was given all that airtime?

5. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Where the heck are Kurt and Rachel living that they can afford a big freaking warehouse to live in?! And where they get the money when they have no jobs? Oh yea, TV.

6. jamesy

jamesy of the United States of America

I spent way more time than necessary wondering where they got bicycles when they had no furniture at all.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Didn't Lover Boy say it took him 45 minutes on the train to get there? And since he lives in the college dorms, that means Kurt and Rachel are 45m-1h away from school. That must be how they can afford such a big place, lol!

8. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Wikipedia says he was on Terra Nova as well. From what I can tell, there was only one single released from his album: If You Don't Mean It

Does this represent his pre-Hollywood non-makeover period? Because both are STEAMING HOT as far as I'm concerned!! :swoon:

9. Theatregirl1122

The same place the vast majority of college kids get money and the same way Rachel is paying for a college education when she has no job. Parents.

10. Ares

Ares Guest

Me too. newFinn > Lima Finn. I'm also liking Kate as newSue

Back in Lima newRachel and newPuck aren't that interesting, even with the newQuinn twist. Brittany and Sam were cute though.

At this point I'd say get Blaine to NYC and scrap Lima all together. I'd be fine if they found a way to get Sue to NYC too, since I still love her. Hey, Boy Meets World found a way to have Mr Feenie follow the cast through junior high, high school, and college, so I'm sure it is possible to make Sue a professor or something. :lol:

11. jenniferlyon

jenniferlyon Well-Known Member

The idea of Professor Sue is more believable than Kurt getting that job at Vogue.

12. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

You're forgetting the hippo pin! :cool:

13. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Maybe they're squatting? :lol:

14. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

The music on this week's episode is great, including a reprisal of Blaine's "Teenage Dream."

Plus two songs I grew up with Duncan Sheik's "Barely Breathing" and No Doubt's "Don't Speak."

Santana returns too, singing Taylor Swift.

15. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Is anyone else watching tonight?

OMG! I can't believe Blaine did that! I get that he was alone, but really? yikes!

16. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I absolutely loved Blaine's teenage dream tonight!

17. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

To be quite honest while I did enjoy parts of it and at least it was more consistent, I think this is going to create a huge backlash with the fans. Granted I know you can't always be hunky in the sky and there has to be shakeups now and then but this is going to drive the ubers into the stratosphere. I know Ryan Murphy wants to shake up the show but I fear this may be the beginning of the end. I have a sense that this will be the final season.

18. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Loved the episode, but tonight's ep mades me angry about one thing--WHERE WAS TINA AND MIKE'S BREAK-UP SONG?!?!?

Loved The Scientist. Also, Emma and Will need to sing more often together. Loved their part.

19. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Did Glee just break up every single major couple there is? lol.

Oh well. I've full confidence that most of them will be back together by the season's end if not just a few episodes. Rachel and Finn are the bread and butter of the show and you can't have them not be together anymore. That's what I think, anyway. :p

20. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Well, we don't know if Sam and Mercedes are still together.

The longest standing couple now may be Sugar and Artie.

21. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Season 2 of Glee had an average viewership of more than 10 million people.

Season 3 had an average of about 7 million or so.

The total viewership of 5.79 million fo0r the third episode of this season is an all-time low. It's never dropped below 6 million before. The Season 4 premier episode had ~2 million fewer viewers than the Season 3 premier and .05 million fewer viewers than the Season 3 finale.

We don't have the numbers for last night yet but I'd be curious to see if it rebounded or stayed down.

22. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I want Kurt and Rachel's apartment. :p

23. michiruwater

5.79 again for Glee. At this rate this'll be its last season.

24. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

My daughter the maven on all things television reminded me that Ryan Murphy moved on to American Horror Story and has TWO new shows piloting next year. Glee isn't the first show to lose its mojo when its creator moved on.

I stopped watching it and stopped TIVOing it. :shuffle: It is sorta funny that my Thursday shows now are Last Resort and Scandal, worlds away from Glee.

25. Theatregirl1122

As of right now, Wemma are fighting but not broken up, Klaine are in limbo and not actually talking but not officially done
    apparently we will get a flashback to what actually happened with Blaine in 4.07
    , Brittana and Finchel are done, at least for now.

I thought the cast did a fabulous job with this episode. I thought the directing/editing was sort of questionable. The blocking for Don't Speak when they were in the park was sort of weird. And the directing/editing while they were in bed was just cheesy. I thought the blocking for Mine was weird, too. Naya killed that song but it was an odd choice for the moment. I am glad that the episode was full of songs that actually advanced the plot. You know, that thing that musicals do.

The whole Jake/Kitty/Marley story line is was underdeveloped. They either needed to flesh it out to the point where the audience gave a crap or not do it at all.

ETA: PR lady, Ryan Murphy is doing The New Normal now, as well. But I don't think that's really the problem with Glee. It's been heading in this direction for two years.

Also, I'm pretty sure Rachel has experienced complete reverse character bleed to the point where she just is Lea Michele all of a sudden.

I was really annoyed (although he is a teenager) with Blaine's "I've come out here to tell you I cheated on you and screwed everything up and I'm so sorry and I'm crying but IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT FOR LEAVING ME ALONE EVEN THOUGH I TOLD YOU TO GO!" Probably just being sorry would have been better.

26. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Mike who? :p

27. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Oops, I meant "Abs McGee."

I did see him in the previews. He and Tina better do Gangam Style!

28. michiruwater

I'm not going to pretend I'm still watching. I quit after the effing terrible Christmas episode last season, I'm pretty sure, and then watched Nationals (apparently I'm one of the only ones, people didn't even tune in for that) and haven't watched it since. But I still read the thread. I'm, like, morbidly curious to see what other ways Ryan Murphy can come up with to continue to destroy his once-fabulous creation. And I hate him. Definitely don't plan on watching any of his other shows if this is how he treats them and their characters.

And, I mean, reading the Wiki entry, it's like he was just super excited to break up every single couple that people spent 3 years investing in. I mean, how big of an idiot is he? I'm not even watching anymore and I'm still annoyed that they're still will-they-won't-they about Finnchel and (somewhat) Wemma. Talk about unresolved storylines.

And Santana spends how long pining over Brittany, and once she finally has her, she breaks up with her?

Stupid Glee. Stupid, stupid Ryan Murphy. I really, really loved this show.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  29. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Now ubering Machida's hair

I loved this episode - drama! Heartbreak! Growing up!

It left me thinking they should just follow the original characters, not all the new ones.

I loved the editing in the park/fountain, very powerful use of lightning.

Sassafras and (deleted member) like this.
  30. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I know I said it before but all the characters should had been freshmen in the beginning, we could had followed them through high school and if the show survived, couples could "take breaks" once college and real life started.