GLEE: Season 3

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by chipso1, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

I have high hopes for this season after I heard their version of
    We Got the Beat
    (awesome BTW) on their promo and read that they're going the direction from season 1 again.

And I am really impressed by Lindsay's debut song... it's a very strongly sung song, and I hope she acts the hell out of her appearances.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  3. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I'm really excited for the new season! I'm hoping the change in writing staff will help. And that what the cast/crew have been saying about focusing on the characters is accurate.

I have to ask though, are we not spoilering songs? I just need to know whether or not I have to stay out of the thread before the episodes.

4. chipso1

Do songs need to be put in spoiler tags if they appear in the promo(s) and can be found in various articles online? Not trying to sound condescending, just legitimately asking.

5. Theatregirl1122

I haven't seen any promos or articles that mentioned these songs, so I don't know. I generally try to avoid all song information before the episode airs. But I'm fine with whatever people decide so long as I know what to expect.

6. nerdycool

I can put the songs in spoiler tags. If all the promos didn't feature the song I mentioned before, I would have anyway, but I assumed people had seen the promos. I know one can just stay out of this thread until they've seen the episode, but really, it's just as easy to put the tags on.

7. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I have to record the season opener on Tuesday because I'll be out that night but I'm looking forward to it. The cast has been tweeting great stuff the last few weeks about how excited they are so hopefully they're right and this season is a lot of fun. :)

8. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

My vote is "no spoiler tags". I have never gone into a True Blood thread because I am two years behind everybody else... :(

:huh:

How do you know what song Lindsay is doing? (I only saw videos which have one still photo is displayed for each and every song.)

9. Theatregirl1122

We aren't discussing things that were aired years ago, we're discussing things that have yet to be aired. Usually we do spoiler tags on anything not yet aired the only issue is song choices which we have spoiler tagged in the past. I'd like to be able to participate in the discussion, but I'd rather not know the songs before they air.

At any rate. I can't wait for Tuesday!

10. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

For this reason, I vote for spoiler tags. I love spoilers and read all of them, but I was once spoiled by something and really, really annoyed about it, so I completely appreciate everyone else's right to not know what's going to happen before it's aired.

After it's aired is another story. I think people must know by wandering into the thread that they're going to read about the show :lol:

I can't wait. All my favourite series are coming back. It's going to be epic!

11. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Definitely spoiler tags. Being surprised by the songs in the episode is part of the show, IMO.

12. chipso1

Because I recognized her voice from when she was on The Glee Project.

13. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

If at any point someone decides to share which song everyone is talking about, it would be appreciated. :p (
    We Got The Beat ? extraspacesothatidon'tgetblamedforspoilingwithsuchashortspoilertag
    )

14. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  15. chipso1

Anything Goes/Anything You Can Do
    ;)

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I thought I would be really excited about the new season of Glee, but Samuel winning the 7 story arc on TGP has taken my excitement away. I honestly wish I hadn't watched TGP, because I think I would probably like Samuel otherwise. I keep reminding myself that not knowing the back stories of actors I like is probably a good thing or I might not like them either.

I am pretty interested, however, to see what Lindsay, Alex, and Damien bring to the show.

17. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

It sounds like I'm fortunate enough to have not watched The Glee Project because I have no idea what you're talking about and can enjoy this Samuel (or not considering I never warmed up to Chord Overstreet despite the contrived sympathy the writers tried to make us have by making him impoverished due to the economy).

18. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Yeah, I would say you're in a good position to enjoy (or not as you said) this season.

I'm really curious to see how those that didn't watch TGP respond to the actors that came from that show.

19. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

Yeah, same! Some people are like, "OMG HOW did you survive by not watching the Glee Project?!" I think, "if I'd watched the actual Glee auditions, I'd probably feel weird about watching the show." Honestly, auditions are a very personal thing and I can't imagine having to make the public like you while you're trying to make the producers realize that you're right for their job!

20. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I tried to watch TGP and it's channel is not on my cable package, so I'm unspoiled. Which is just as well since I'll see them as their characters, not the actors trying out for the roles.

Glee requires an awful lot of suspension of belief as it is. ;)

Beefcake likes this.
  21. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

I enjoy Glee but watching The Glee Project or going to see that 3-D concert they did would be too much for me. I'm not that big of a Gleek.

I'm interested in seeing what happens this season, especially seeing as how this is the last hurrah for several of the main characters. I'm really happy they added Marti Noxon to the writers list. I don't care what anyone says, but Buffy The Vampire Slayer is one of the best written shows to ever grace the television. Marti was on board for season 2 (my absolute favorite of the whole series) and the show was amazing. It'll be fun to see what happens...they should get Joss Whedon to come back and direct an episode or two as well...

22. AshleyN

AshleyN Well-Known Member

I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic that all the new writers they added over the summer will help fix the problems from last season.

One thing that definitely has me excited is the indication I've gotten from interviews/previews etc. that this season (or at least the first couple episodes) will feature (really minor spoiler, but I'll tag it anyway)
    plenty of Hummelberry. Along with Santana, the development of the Rachel/Kurt friendship was the best thing about Season 2. Plus, Lea and Chris are always delightful when they share scenes.

As for the songs, I usually listen to previews if they release them, but hold out on the full song until after the episode airs. Apparently I'm in withdrawal or something though, because I caved and went ahead and listened. Is it weird that I think my favourite might be
    "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead"? I mean, I have a weakness for Rachel/Kurt duets anyway, but they just sound like their having so much fun with this one, especially Lea.

I didn't watch the Glee Project, so this is the first I've heard from the new girl. Her voice is really good obviously, but perhaps a bit...harsh sounding, I suppose? Maybe it's just the song though. I do really like it though, and the arrangement for the mash-up is awesome.

"We Got the Beat" and "You Can't Stop the Beat" are both fabulous.

23. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I must really like Lindsay's song because I ended up downloading it today.

24. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

I'm supposed to be studying (I'm even in the library and everything!), but FSU is infinitely more interesting than anything my science class has to offer, I'll just say that no, it's totally not weird that
    "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" is your favorite. At all.

I better study so I can watch tonight!

25. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

:rofl: I didn't watch it either. At first I thought I must have missed a few episodes and panicked but no, I'm up to date!

I have really been missing what shows start when. :mad: MUST REMEMBER TONIGHT!

26. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Lindsey is on already? That is surprising.
    I watching the whole Glee Project and don't feel like it will ruin my watcing the new people on the show. Damian is supposed to start on the 4th eppie. I don't know about Sam and Alex. I also heard rumors that Hannah will be on also. And Cameron has moved to LA and is living with Damian so, he may have a couple of eppie's too.

27. nerdycool

Truth be told, I wouldn't be surprised to see more than the top 4 appear on the show at some point, especially next season. Ryan Murphy seemed to really like both Hannah and Cameron & had characters all set to go for them, although I'm curious as to how they'd handle Cameron's storyline
    since it sounds as though the Christian character has been transferred over to Samuel

Even though the Glee Project has already aired, I put spoilers in for those who didn't watch and don't want to know about character personalities.

28. AshleyN

AshleyN Well-Known Member

Well, that was delightful.

The Rachel/Kurt duet that is.

29. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

so is this the contest winner? i like her voice but she is odd looking, does she have really short bangs? maybe that is it

30. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

She's not the winner. She was one of the top 4 that all got spots on the show.

I loved that scene with Kurt and Rachel sitting in the car crying.

I also noticed Melinda Sullivan from SYTYCD in that group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.