Glee Project, Season 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Capella, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Capella

Capella Guest

The official competition with the 14 finalists starts June 5. I just watched the casting show On Demand (from open calls, through callbacks, to finalists), but it's re-running this week before the first episode.

Loved this show last summer, and this year's cast has some early favorites for me.

Anyone else watching?

2. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I don't have any early favorites but I was impressed with the quality of the group overall. I'd like to see a woman/girl do especially well this year. But just from the first hour I thought a number of the guys stood out. I enjoyed watching/listening to the Asian-American boy/man.

I've always wondered on these reality competition-based talent shows that if a girl/boy with a great voice, great look and great potential came along but had no angst, no teenaged horror story ect...if they would get very far.

3. Flatfoote

Flatfoote Active Member

OK, this is pretty funny, had to share. First of all, when I do a search on new posts, I actually will click on threads I want to read by selecting "open in another tab." I found long ago I kept missing stuff I wanted to read by just clicking directly on a thread, and never quite getting back to my "new posts" search. So now I browse the "new search" results page I get, open every thread I want to read in a new tab, and then proceed to read each one that way.

So, anyway, I was reading up on stuff on the Miss USA Pageant thread, then followed a link in there with another tab. When I closed that tab down, I expected to get back to the Miss USA thread, only instead it brought me to this one.

So, long story short, imagine my initial confusion when I start reading Cachoo's post about men and boys in the competition! :eek:

Yes, I am watching the Glee Project too! LOL. Great group of people this year. I'm already rooting for several of them.

4. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Not watching, really wish the writers of Glee would concentrate on the cast already there instead of constantly bringing in new people.

5. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

They have to bring in new people next season. Half of the Glee club is gone.

6. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

Yeah but most of the cast us staying for a show within a show concept. Personally I kinda wished Ryan Murphy had of had the balls to bring in a fresh cast to reboot the series. It was certainly much better this season and I still love it despite its flaws mostly due to the writing but I think a relatively brand new cast would have injected some fresh life in this show. I do like Chris Colfer and Lea Michele and Cory Monteith but I think the show suffered by focussing way too much on these three characters especially the romance of Finn and Rachel. I am sick to death of it.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  7. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

They still have the characters of Sam, Brittany, Blaine, Artie, Tina, Joe, Rory and Sugar to concentrate on plus Will, Emma, Coach Beaste and Sue. Returning for a few episodes will be Quinn, Rachel, Chris and Finn and we probably have not seen the last of Unique, Sabastian or Harmony.

8. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Probably not. But they do have to have at least 12 people actually in the Glee club.

9. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

Let's hope that next year, the glee club aren't seen as social outcasts. I mean, when ND came back victorious from Nationals, half the school was throwing confetti on them. So one would think getting new members shouldn't be a problem anymore. But who am I kidding? This is the school who gave the ND a few standing O's at the various assemblies, but still treated them like crap the rest of the time.

Anyway, for Glee Project, I'm predicting the country dude to go far, simply because he was told that Ryan wanted to have a character go in that direction. Kinda like last year, how he wanted somebody more "Christian"... so we got Samuel as a winner.

10. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Just finished watching the audition show. That chick who looks like Bieber, Danni is her name, I think, was on AGT last year. I'm interested to see how she progresses. Since she got famous by doing a Bieber mock-cover, maybe they'll give her another one, haha.

Lots of interesting people in this cast. Since I'm not emotionally invested in anyone from the get-go this time (Hello, Damian! He's what got me watching TGP and Glee, for that matter. :p ), I'm interested to see who I will end up rooting for.

Considering that Murphy has an entire class to fill at McKinley High now, I imagine that we'll see at least the same number of contestants make it on Glee as last year, maybe more. :p

11. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

The first cut is the deepest? Interesting show. No spoilers just a question: Is Ryan's role increased in this year's competition or is it the same as last year's show?

12. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

From everything I've heard, Ryan is basically doing the same thing as last year. He won't see a lot of the background stuff and will then judge the three lowest. Last season, that seemed counter-productive by exposing the worst performers to him and letting them get feedback, while guys who stayed out of the bottom never got the benefit of learning what Ryan wanted from them.

13. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Good point reckless.

14. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I watched the first show and I have to say, no one impressed me yet.
    I hope I get more into it because I enjoyed it last year and hope I will again this year.