Glamour Puss 4: Y'all are green with envy!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Veronika, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

I've done some of the at-home microdermabrasion treatments, but I'm probably too :fragile: for that at the salon. I'll stick to at-home exfoliation and glycolic acid products.

2. beepbeep

beepbeep Resident Rude Brazilian

Super Glue (or something equivalent) is great for split, broken, etc nails.
    put a little piece of tissue on top of the break and cover it with the glue. Spread the glue on the nail to ajust the thickness.
    I saved my nails with this many times, I hope it helps. :)

ETA: Anita beat me to the glue suggestion ;)

3. mila19

mila19 New Member

Thanks girls. :cheer:

4. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Okay, looking at my (dry, itchy, bumpy) face in the mirror today, it looks like one of the extractions did work. :cheer: So it wasn't a total waste of time.

5. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

tried MAC's Face and Body foundation again today and once again, I feel a pimple coming up... booooo! I really like this foundation but I guess I can't use it on my face. :(

6. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

I realize that my facial was only a few days ago, but my face is still a dry and flaky mess. I don't think I will ever complain about my oily/combo skin ever again. :(

7. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I had nasty dry skin for quite some time after an illness eight years ago. I still do on my body as a result of that illness, but my face finally returned to normal combo skin. The return was a relief. I know how to deal with combo skin!

8. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Really? That's nuts! My skin is like a oil tanker - it'll continue being oily no matter what I put on it. :lol:

9. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

The one and only time I had a facial I woke up the next day to the biggest zit I've ever seen right in the middle of my left cheek. That sucker lasted over a month. I was so horrified, I promised I'd never have another facial. :scream:

10. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Well, it's actually dry and oily at the same time. :lol: My skin knows how to do the impossible! I haven't been blotting the oil (I usually do), I'm trying to let it do its job.

11. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Facials sure never did anything for my skin. I have majorly clogged pores and man, it does nothin'. I got one about a week before my wedding and I was going crazy slathering on moisturizer so I could wear foundation on my wedding! My poor face was all red and dry.

I have weird dry flaky patches on my face lately. So obnoxious. I need to get a new moisturizer because it's for my combo skin, but suddenly, it's not oily but dry! Blah.

12. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

:lol: My skin peels as well, but it's definitely not dry. I like to consider it as having an ultra-rejuvenating layer. :p

13. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

I'm actually thankful the weather is changing, because my skin is almost impossibly oily in the spring/summer. Now it's getting a little drier and I don't need to worry about 5 tons of oil being produced during the day.
    And what exactly do they do during a facial?? I've had a couple of mini-facials and I snagged a couple of professional exfoliating masques to use, and my skin has always looked really nice afterwards.

14. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Facials seem to make my skin worse, too.

We have the same type skin, I think. In the winter, though, the skin around my eyebrows tends to get so painfully dry, though.

Can anyone recommend a good blush? I lost my makeup bag, and the only thing that I'm sad I lost was my great Bobbi Brown blush. I have a sample of the Nars Orgasm and I have to say it doesn't do much for my skin tone.

Also, I went to the drugstore to buy toothpaste, and I left with the Raven eyeshadow set and one of the owl nail polishes from the L'Oreal Project Runway collection.

15. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

16. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

My skin is drier in the fall/winter, but it still gets oily on my forehead and around my nose.

What do they do during a facial? Well, from what I can tell, they rub a bunch of stuff on your face and then towel it off. ;) I think what got me was the exfoliating gel--it was like a very tame chemical peel. But it's really drying and I'm still paying the price. There were also some massage aspects to it, which honestly I didn't care about. I can get massages from my husband for free. :shuffle:

17. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

Okay, I was imagining being in a nice salon and suddenly Brunhilde from the middle ages comes up to you with a vat of boiling chemicals and a rusty scraper. :lol:

18. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

:lol: No, nothing like that. My skin used to be very sensitive when I was younger, but it's gotten better with age. I guess it's still a little bit prone to irritation--I'm very pale, so that might be part of it too. I'm just too delicate. ;)

19. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

The enablers nice people in this thread recently recommended Make Up For Ever's HD Microfinish Blush and I can't imagine using anything else ever again. :swoon: You have to be careful to use a teeny teeny bit, but it stays on all day. Don't use more than about this -----> O much for both cheeks.

20. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Thanks, kim. I will check it out when I am at Sephora next.

You know how Veronika is with mascara? I'm with nail polish. I just went on a massive binge of the two new Orly collections, Birds of a Feather and Holiday Soiree...:slinkaway

21. fan

fan Active Member

i just tried the tarte amazonian clay blush - my makeup tends to slide off my face by about 11am. this stuff actually stays on all day!

22. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I've been wearing Orly Naughty a lot lately. I love it. I keep my nails just as short as the ones in the picture and think that this isn't too edgy for work. Is it? My cuticles are in much better shape than the pic.

23. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Definitely not too edgy! Pretty colour.

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  24. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

My Wen arrived last night. I used it this morning. I promise to never forsake it again. I will cut out my lattes before I go without it. :glamor:

25. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

OOOOHHH I might need all of those :shuffle:

But I can't find any more info, and the site that the watermark doesn't have the article up anymore. Perhaps China Glaze got wise to the leak and pulled it. Fingers crossed it's real, though!

26. beepbeep

beepbeep Resident Rude Brazilian

These are fab! In a way, it's kinda good that we don't have China Glaze here in Brazil: I'd go bankrupt... :shuffle:

Nice :)

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  27. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

I'm curious to try it, but I don't know if I can do it. I have so much shampoo and conditioner right now....what if I love Wen and all that stuff in my cabinet goes to waste? I'm a little skeptical that it really is a 5-in-1 formula though. I've always been told that shampoo and conditioner have 2 separate processes so to put them together would be impossible. Shampoo opens the cuticle and cleans it, the conditioner seals it.

The before and after photos are making me wonder though...

28. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Why don't you try another brand Face and Body?

In my opinion, I think MAC's foundations are hit or miss, not a very reliable product. They are other brands for the same amount or comparable price wise are better for the skin. Many of the other brands have more nutrients better for the skin and better pigments.

29. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Yeah, that's what got me. And they are true. What I do is the cleanse first, rinse it out and then rub a little into my damp hair and don't rinse it out, so that acts as the conditioner.

I will say, though, that as someone with baby fine hair, I do still have to use hairspray, and sometimes a little mousse. But not nearly as much as I used to use.

And I have a giant bottle of Bed Head's Self Absorbed left. Sigh. I guess I could use it in an emergency. Or let any guests use it. They're not touching my Wen. :2faced:

30. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

I use my unused hair products/experiments to shave my legs...expensive yes, but I can't throw them away...sigh I'd love to have the original MSRP in my pocket. We need an Etsy style product exchange via FSU!