Glamour Puss 4: Y'all are green with envy!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Veronika, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

Iiiiiii somehow ended up at Sephora today. I couldn't even wait for the Friends and Family event tomorrow to buy new nail polish. I got some very holiday-festive colors: new year's red-solution, it's bouquet with me, and keep me on my mistletoes. I somehow managed to avoid the new magnetic nail polish.

2. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

You have more strength than I do. I reallly want it!

3. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

IT LOOKS SO COOL and they restocked on Bumble and bumble...I don't need any Bumble and bumble!! But I want to try the curl creme so much...

4. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

So, it would be bad if I made another Sephora Friends & Family order, right? :shuffle: I'm not really considering it...yet!

I just love to collect makeup. I have so much that I've never even used. It's almost shameful!

5. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I am trying to be good after my Friends and Family purchase (all of it needed, of course and the most expensive are refills of eye and face creams).

But this morning I noticed that I only have about 1/3 of a bottle left of my La Petite Robe Noire perfume. I love wearing it on warm days and weekend family outings. Despite the name I consider it kid- patient-friendly scent. And that stuff isn't cheap. AND I've had my eye on Spiritueuse Double Vanille (also by Guerlain) for a while now and that stuff ain't cheap either.

6. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I just noticed I'm halfway gone through my nightly acne treatment. :shuffle:

7. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

When's this sale again? :shuffle: I need new mascara.

8. Anita18

9. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

thanks!!! I think I'll be getting that magnetic nail polish too.

Does anyone recommend a good, thick eyeliner? I prefer pencil, but I can work with creme ones.

10. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I use the B&B curl foam and it's AMAZING.

11. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

the only eyeliner that hasnt run down my face is the tokidoki one that looks like a magic marker

12. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

So, I made my order:

Nails Inc Magnetic Nail Polish in Trafalgar Square
    Tokidoki Perfetto Eyeliner in Sabochan (black) (thanks mlp! It had me sold on the packaging alone - plus the application style seems super cool)
    Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Strawberry Kiss
    Benefit They're Real! Mascara (loved the Badgal but wanted to try something new. Almost ordered the Diorshow until I read Veronika's blog and thought better of it :))

Can't wait to get my order...

13. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

Anyone know if there's anywhere in Canada to get magnetic nail polish?

14. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Sephora sells it.

Benefit They're Real! is great - it's my new favourite mascara.
    I'm still feeling the love for Diorshow Iconic though. Maybe it's just me ;)

15. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

You are not making this any easier. I've heard so many good things about their products but they are so pricey. And I'm so discount-spoiled now that I hate having to pay full price for anything. It causes me physical pain, I swear...

My eyebrows have reached such a state though that I think I may bite the bullet and replace the Anastasia tweezers I lost a few months ago. ARGH. Why do they have to be $28...and why do they have to be the best tweezers I have ever had...

16. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I'm in luck today! I stopped by Duane Reade after class to get some hand soap, and noticed they had a 50% off make up bin. I ended up walking out with 3 lip colors and 2 nail polish!

Revlon ColorStay Overtime in Perennial Peach
    Revlon ColorStay Overtime in Enduring Iris
    Revlon Colorstay Overtime in Eternal Rose
    Sinful Colors San Francisco (bright emerald green)
    L'Oreal nail polish in Whimsical

It all added up to under $20. The funniest part is that I walked into Walgreens before class to buy the soap, and debated buying some $$$ lipstick before deciding to just wait because the cashier line was so long.

17. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

I need to go back to the USA and buy more makeup. I took it easy when I was there pre-wedding because I had spent so much in general, but now... :p I need a TONNE of NYX stuff, for one.

This Mascara is amazing. I plan on splurging on it in December for my birthday. Avon's Super Shock is a decent lower-priced version, but the Benefit one blew me away.

Another reallllly good eyeliner is Stila's pen eyeliner. Nothing stays on my lids without eye shadow anymore, but THIS did. I was really amazed.

18. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

I wish I could find NYX in person...I've seen it at Ulta, but they have a very small selection. I get most of my NYX online.

I've been hauling a lot of anti-aging skin creams since I turned 33. :drama: Prevention is key, right?

19. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

As long as you have something that maintains the skin's moisture barrier, you're good. Plus eating healthy, staying out of the sun and all that jazz keeps the skin looking young.
    So I guess for the launch of Johnny Weir's MAC line they built a little skating rink at the San Diego mall so he could skate around a bit. They say there are going to be figure skaters at the event on Saturday sooo...are they building rinks every time they have a launch party for this new line? That seems like a bit much.

20. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I'm quite past 33. And I got carded buying wine on my recent round numbered birthday. Then the clerk said "damn, girl! What do you do to look so young?"

I have extremely sensitive skin. All I use for moisturizer is The Body Shop's aloe cream. That's it. And stay out of the sun, make sure there is SPF in your foundation, eat healthy, don't smoke, etc...like Scintillation said.

21. Anita18

Most of it's genetics too. My bf's nearly 30 (like most guys, does nothing with his skin) and he often gets mistaken for a high schooler. :eek:

It doesn't help that he's very slight. :lol:

22. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

Genetics do play a role. My mom is 60 and has fabulous skin; she doesn't look a day over 45. But her skin is oily, as is mine. I'm happy I have that genetic blessing but in the meantime I still struggle with acne and clogged pores.
    Even with her oily skin my mom still stays out of the sun and has always been health-conscious (she is a dietician). After I had been working for awhile I bought her a whole anti-aging skincare system for her birthday. She'll never tell you if she doesn't like something but I got a hint when I asked what she wanted for Christmas and she told me she'd like a refill of her old non anti-aging moisturizer. Oh well.

23. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Some Perfumania stores carry a larger line of NYX than Ulta. Andora, when you come to Buffalo, stop at the outlet mall in Niagara Falls off the 190. Right next to the Gap is a perfume store with a huge selection NYX. Ulta carries a slightly different line.

24. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Ugh. :lynch: Sephora. My Friends and Family order arrived and they've substituted all my samples!

I asked for
    Lolita Lempicka EDP
    Forbidden Flower EDP
    Buxom Lip Big and Healthy Lip Polish

I got

Justin Bieber Someday EDT
    Golden Delicious EDT
    and some random face mask

Ladies and gents, do yourself a favor and stay the hell away from Justin Juice and Golden Delicious. I am literally gagging and turning green. :scream:

25. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

The phrase "justin juice" makes me so very nauseous. :scream:

26. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I am not kidding. I was this color: :rolleyes:

27. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  28. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  29. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

My God, where is the "LIKE" button?! :lol:

30. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

Okay maybe this isn't theme-song worthy like KT Tunstall's song, but I am partial to this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udP1Njm7Cno

(Uh I should warn that the lyrics are NSFW and IT WILL GET STUCK IN YOUR HEAD)