Glamour Puss 4: Y'all are green with envy!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Veronika, Sep 22, 2011.

1. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

How curly is your hair? My curly haired friend likes this website for styling tips: http://www.naturallycurly.com/

My own hair is long and wavy, and I struggle not to straighten it, just for ease of management. I'm really not an expert, because until rcently, all I did was just straighten it. However, a diffuser is a godsend, for me. If I'm short on time, I've recently taken to using some mouse/wavy spray and drying it with a diffuser, and it looks relatively decent.

If it's wavy/curly, it's best not to use a brush.

2. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Yes, but I guess even Amazon is being infiltrated by fakes now. The name of the seller is misspelled as AtoZCenetr instead of center, and there is recent feedback saying they received a fake item.

There's a "T3" seller on Amazon, but it appears they're selling items without a warranty and T3 does not recognize Amazon as an authorized seller of their products. There's a lot of discussion on the feedback page.

Scammers have turned eBay and Amazon into such jokes. :mad: I remember when eBay used to be really reputable.

3. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

It absolutely amazes me the amount of fakes on eBay. I've seen some absolutely laughable MAC fakes. I mean, really bad fakes, things MAC never ever produced. And people buy them!!! All it takes is a little research on a MAC collection to see what was and wasn't produced. It's sad. eBay does nothing to police what's being sol don their site. I've seen people sell used (legit) MAC items and used makeup can't be sold. They even say in the description they've used it! I've reported it and the listing never comes down. eBay doesn't care.

4. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Has anyone done permanent makeup? I have sparse brows (which is weird because if you look at pictures when I was younger, I gave Brooke Shields a run for her money), and my threading person penciled them in to show me what it would look like. It looks freakin' amazing.

Discuss?

5. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

*cough* I can help!
    My ritual, in my case, is failsafe. Whenever I style, I always use some kind of leave in conditioner to lock in the moisture and detangle. I brush that through my damp hair with either a paddle brush or a wide toothed comb. Then I follow with a hold product-and that can be a gel, a mousse, or a cream. I alternate between a medium-hold gel and a curl cream. I brush that through, then I use a diffuser. I flip my head upside down at first to get some extra volume, then I flip it back up. I hardly move the actual hair itself, as that can cause frizz.
    Behold, its perfect. Ignore the obnoxious expression, that's a hazard of having photo booth and too much time on your hands.

6. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

7. beepbeep

beepbeep Taking homeless Fabian home

Wow!! :eek:
    Your hair is perfect!! :)
    And the face is funny.

8. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Sephora Friends & Family is indeed starting today--from what it looks like, you just have to go to www.sephora.com/friends and enter your email address. I might have already placed an order. :lol:

The code is one-time use only, but that's all you need, right? ;)

9. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

You have beautiful hair! I think I'll have to learn how to use my diffuser ;)

10. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Thank you! I took advantage today and got my trusty Clinique High Impact mascara, eye and face creams and a Sephora nail polish in Chic and Rebel (black). :)

11. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

Thank you! I spent all of my college years figuring it out--high school was easier, as I did swim team and had zero time to style it.
    I've found I have to alternate between products because my hair gets used to a product after awhile and it doesn't work in the same way. And the diffuser was a revelation-I can get my hair to last a day or two longer when I use it. Air dried hair frizzes much easier.

12. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

I went for some bargains today...I got:
    --Stila/Haute in the Hamptons - Collectible Beach Palette No. 2 (eyeshadow/blush palette--on sale for $14!)
    --Urban Decay eyeshadow in Sellout (I've been wanting to get this one for years now)
    --Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes Set (includes mascara, eyeliner, mascara primer, and kohl liner--only $29.50!)

I also got Philsophy Purity facewash as my 100-point Beauty Insider perk. :)

13. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I got Purity as well. Love that stuff, have an industrial size bottle. I went through 2 or 3 Sellout shadows at some point. :) Enjoy!

14. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

The Sephora website has already crashed a few times today...I'm glad I ordered early. There are some pretty funny posts about this on the MakeupAlley message board. :)

15. PrincessLeppard

Since it will be awhile before I work up the courage to get my eyebrows done permanently, does anyone know a good eyebrow pencil? I used a Benefit one that came with something else I bought, and it's nice, but just a shade dark, imo. So if I hit Sephora this weekend, does anyone have any suggestions?

16. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I think I'm offended that the salesgirl at Sephora gave me a sample of anti-aging serum with my purchase today. :drama:

17. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Don't be. These days they start you as early as 28. :p

18. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

That, or she spotted my emerging laugh lines. ;)
    Oh well... I'm embracing my youth with Sephora's new OPI glimmer nail polish line! :cheer:

19. Christina

Christina Well-Known Member

Lancome has a nice pencil that is very powdery with a mascara like wand at the other end of the pencil. I find that if I go out of the hairline, I can simply smoosh my brow with my fingers and it tightens up the pencil. (does that make sense?) I also like Clinique's brow pencil - it's much more "solid" and takes a bit more work with less room for error.

I've only begun wearing brow pencil about a year ago or so, and I love it!

20. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Which one? I have been into various shades of grey lately but haven't yet done glimmer.

21. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Anastasia brow products are fantastic. I mostly use the duo powder, but the pencils are excellent as well. She's got really cool sets that have wax crayons, highlighters, the whole nine yards.

If you have access to Shu Uemura, their Seal Brown 02 pencil, hard formula, also gets raves for brunettes. Not sure of your hair color :)

22. PrincessLeppard

Fake blonde with purple streaks, natural super dark brunette. I think. I haven't seen it since I was 16..... ;)

23. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I got Stop Stocking Me (golden plum glimmer) and New Years Red-Solution (golden plum red).
    I couldn't help it, I also got this one.

They're all really pretty on. My hands look festive!

24. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

These are fun, Habs!

Great. Now I want My Personal Serpent, In The Shadows and Caught With My Khakis Down. :drama:

25. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

26. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

Yes MAC is doing a special event here next weekend called "glitter and ice" with figure skaters in tow--I think I mentioned it earlier. Johnny Weir looks delightfully avant garde on the invite.
    And their paint pot is a cream eyeshadow.

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  27. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Thanks! Are the paint pot shadows any good?

28. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

I've never actually tried any of their eyeshadows, although I work with some of their sales associates on occasion. Maybe they're just selling the product 24/7 but they seem to really love all the eyeshadows.
    And a girl stopped by from Sephora to give out invites to a closed-door family&friends event on Sunday. 20% off the total purchase...I am so screwed. I really want more nail polish colors.

29. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Eyebrow help. (Check out all the related posts as well.)

30. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

I use Paint Pot in Painterly, and I love it. I use it in the morning when I have little time to put on makeup, and it keeps my eyeliner from transferring to my top lid, and makes me look a little more put together. It's very close to my skin colour. No creasing, no fading, etc.