Glamour Puss 4: Y'all are green with envy!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Veronika, Sep 22, 2011.

1. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

I would recommend getting the corrector alone. The corrector can be set with powder too.

2. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I have hereditary dark circles. They get worse when I am sick, tired or stressed out. I look like a raccoon then. My mother says it was helpful because she could tell even when I was a child as soon as I was getting sick by the darkness around my eyes.

I have used tons of different kinds of concealers. Best was a three step by Laura Mercier--Secret Camouflage. I love that, but can't afford it now. I've also used Dior's concealer, and currently have the remains of a pot of Trish Sawyer's "Eye Slept" which is a green toned concealer that I use under a drug store concealer. It works well in that combination, but apparently has been discontinued. Another that works in combination pretty well is the Benefit Eye Bright. It is a big pencil with a pink tone. I used it over a tiny bit of their eye cream and then used any regular concealer over it. Can't afford the eye cream or Eye Bright now.

Quite frankly, right now, I usually end up letting my attractive dark circles show. :( Southpaw--I may look for the Garnier. Thanks for the recommendation.

3. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Ladies! I've been touting this undereye concealer for a while. I've tried the Laura Mercier and pretty much all concealers on the market. But this is the way to go: Colorscience Pro Corrector Kit.

Your complexion doesn't matter because you can custom blend the shade you need, just use a cosmetic sponge not those silly little brushes that come with the kit.

It's amazing--with my undereye circles--now you see'em, now you don't. This also contains a yellow tinted concealer that makes any redness magically disappear. I've got all my friends and family hooked on this stuff.

I have those hereditary industrial strength undereye circles, like you PDilemma. They require serious stuff. This is serious stuff. :)

4. PDilemma

Yep, they are so much fun. It's pretty hopeless during allergy season. Or in this grad school adventure, at the end of the semester.

I recall you linking this kit before. I'd be right on it if I had the money. Someday when I am more gainfully employed again, I'll be asking you for it again.

5. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i'm not buying your concealer palette because anything that requires some sort of skill on my part wont work out

6. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

The "space NK"? Didn't Captain Kirk use that to zap aliens with?

7. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Yes, I've been pushing this thing ever since I discovered it--nothing else worked nearly as well. Magical. Ask for it for a Christmas gift.
    No skills required, at least no more than putting on the rest of your make up. I think eye shadow is WAAAAAAY more complicated.

8. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

:rofl: Me too. Too many choices there. But I may go to Sephora later today and try the Laura Mercier.

9. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Umm, IIRC the Laura Mercier is a wee palette of two. IMO it requires more skills (I don't have) than the Colorscience.

10. mila19

mila19 New Member

I got L'Oreal's Caresse in Impulsive Fuchsia today. It's lovely, I really like the blue undertone as it makes teeth look whiter. It's supposed to be their version of Revlon's lipbutters, which I haven't tried, but bloggers actually say this L'Oreal is better as it's much more pigmented but still feels like a balm. I love it because although it bleeds a bit on me(I have that problem with all formulas that are on the balmy side rather than sticky) it does leave a stain which brightens up the whole face and looks very natural.

11. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

Just bumping this thread to say I tried Urban Decay's eye primer potion and so far, it's the best thing I've ever used for my oily eyelids. My eyeshadow did not crease or melt off all day. I'm impressed.

12. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  13. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

Question - I've looked for L'oreal Voluminous Full Definition mascara recommended here - does it come in a waterproof version? I haven't seen it if it does. That's a must for when the contacts are in. :(

Any other Maybelline or L'oreal recommendations that do come in waterproof formula? Thanks.

14. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

I got mine from Ulta. You should be able to get it online either Amazon or Drugstore.com

15. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

I've had really good luck with loreals voluminous million lashes waterproof. I really like the brush and it isn't clumpy at all.

16. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

Oh, I wish I had thought to check amazon - was visiting stateside last week and had an amazon order delivered to the hotel. Will keep it mind for the next trip. We don't have Ulta in Canada.

Thanks, will look out for this one.

17. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

I hit up the waterpark with the family today and let me tell you, Avon's Wash Off Waterproof Mascara gave me raccoon eyes in LESS than 10 minutes in the water! I didn't even submerge my face in the water, just a lot of splashing.

18. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

If you have a Zoya.com account, a 3 for $15 "Share the Love" point was deposited into your account and is available until 6/25. It's for their summer collection, Beach & Surf; 3 full sized bottles and free shipping. Given that one bottle is $8, it's a great deal. I love Zoya's formula; it's one of the best around, IMO.

I got Arizona, Wednesday and Zuza

19. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

This is going to shocking--but I tried Great Lash Lots of Lashes mascara, and I liked it! :slinkaway

I hate, hate, hate the original version of Great Lash--I will never buy that again. So it was a huge leap of faith to try GL LoL, but I'm glad I did. It has a tiny plastic brush and the formula is much better (drier and more volumizing) than the original GL formula.

Linkage: http://www.maybelline.com/products/...of-lashes-washable/very-black/141?shadeId=837

Oh...and I live in a very boring and silly town in Iowa, but we are getting an Ulta soon. I am in some very serious trouble!

20. myhoneyhoney

21. beepbeep

beepbeep Taking homeless Fabian home

so cute :D

In awsome news: I'm going duty free shopping tomorrow on the Uruguay border.
    Lots of make up, booze and Genefique!!

22. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

That is so adorable! :lol:

You know what's NOT adorable? My 67 year old aunt does her toes the same way. :scream:

:cheer2: :cheer2:

Being such a huge fan of Lancome skin care products, I thought I'd try the foundation and primer when the last gift with purchase was on.

I don't like either. :mad: The primer feels oily and the foundation is okay, but I miss the long lasting coverage of MUF. Guess I'll just have to tough it out until I use them up.

23. PDilemma

The cosmetics lady at Walgreens was trying to sell me animal print nail stickers the other day and suggested that I could use a different print on each nail.

I told her I'd think about that as soon as I am 15 again. :scream:

24. myhoneyhoney

Thank you... actually "Posh" (that's what one of her nicknames) said, "Thank you!":D

BTW, went to the water park today and L'oreal Voluminous Waterproof mascara= FAIL. It did not stand a chance against the wave pool. Back to searching.

25. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

There's an Estee Lauder waterproof I was wearing a few years back that was truly waterproof. I tested it most days by crying. (Don't ask.) It really stayed on but I don't remember its name.

26. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

I've had really good luck with both Estee Lauder's waterproof mascara and also Lancome's. I can go into a pool with either of them and as long as I don't forget I'm wearing it and rub my eyes it stays on.

Is there a reason that you wear makeup to water parks? You're a beautiful woman and either you're a complete expert at covering flaws in the pictures you've posted or you don't have many.

27. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

I have not been buying as much makeup lately (chalk that up to having a crazy job where I don't have time to shop online during the work day :shuffle: ). But I did make an ELF order recently and when I got the order, there were two free $25 gift cards included in the order. ELF is having a bunch of promotions for their 8th anniversary, so I'm assuming this was my prize. Pretty cool, huh?

I used one of them within 24 hours of getting them. ;)

28. myhoneyhoney

Thanks, made_in_canada. I'm one of those who can't walk outside without mascara. When I was in high school a Mary Kay lady was at my mom's house and she told me how short and skimpy my lashes were. That really stuck. :( Ever since mascara has been a part of my morning routine. I put on tinted moisturizer and then mascara.

29. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

Dude, not cool. Worst sales lady ever.

However, I feel naked without mascara as well. I'm trying Diorshow right now and while it gives alot of volume and pizzazz, it does flake off too easily, especially for a $25 mascara.

30. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

Fair enough, myhoneyhoney. We all have our insecurities, rightly or wrongly.