Glamour Puss 4: Y'all are green with envy!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Veronika, Sep 22, 2011.

1. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

Hmm...that sounds like something I may try.

Has anyone used Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Gel? I got a sample from Sephora, but it's such a small amount, I'm not sure if I should buy the full-size. It seemed like it may have made a difference.
  2. beepbeep

beepbeep Resident Rude Brazilian

Brown should be corrected with most FSU of all colors: purple! :) (more like lavender...)
    Go into Sephora or a MAC store and have them try some combinations on you, it's worth looking into it.

A transparent base coat will prevent the nails from getting stained. They also make the polish last longer. :)
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  3. beepbeep

double post...
  4. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i cant even reach my own feet but thanks :lol:
    beepbeep and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

:shuffle: I love wearing blue nail polish. Other wild colours, no, but dark blues are awesome. Especially with a matte top coat on top!

Has anyone else heard of Tightlining? I'd like to give it a whirl, but it sounds like it's more complicated than I thought.
  6. mila19

mila19 New Member

What's the deal with formaldehyde in eyelash adhesives? And when do they expire? I've thrown the box of my Duo like 4 years ago after purchasing it and I've used it probably 5 times in total but I I think I've read I should toss it after max 2 years, da?
    Also, I'm thinking to get the Marini Lash Eyelash Conditioner. A bit on the fence because of the price and because I have sensitive eyes on this one though. You can tell my eyelashes are not my strong point :lol:
  7. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I just bought a bottle of Essie's Midnight Cami. Going to give it a try!
  8. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

My China Glaze Calypso Blue arrived today. Can't wait to try it on but will probably not happen until Friday.
  9. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

I have, but I refuse to line the inside of my eyes...plus, I wear contacts so I have to be extra careful with my eye makeup.

I have recent starting doing weekly manicures again--I got out of the habit about 6-7 years ago, but now I treat myself to a new color every Sunday night.

My latest mascara rave is Cover Girl Clump Crusher, it's the new Lash Blast creation. It is AWESOME! I don't like any of the other Lash Blast mascaras, but this one is a keeper.
  10. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

I have tried the Maybelline BB cream (got it for about half price, couldn't turn it down for that price), and got a sample of Annabelle's BB cream (Canadian brand only?)

They both had a bit of a drying effect for me, so I still use a separate moisterizer underneath. The Maybelline is lighter/sheerer, I have to layer a bit to cover my redness. It's probably the cheapest of the brands, but not bad and it comes in 5 shades (some only come in two).

The Annabelle BB seemed to have a bit more coverage. And I never knew Annabelle is made by Marcelle. There's a $3 coupon on their site now, might pick up their BB for when I use up the Maybelline.

I thought a BB cream would work for good skin times (haven't had a major breakout in months, yay, knock on wood), when I don't actually need foundation.

See if you can get samples if you're thinking of trying it. Wish I could afford Clinique.
  11. my little pony

i got a sample of the olay cc cream. dont ask me the difference. i liked it better than the bb creams i've tried but i havent tried the clinique one.
  12. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

I didn't realize Annabelle and Marcelle were from the same company! I don't buy either very often, but what I've tried, I've really liked.

:cheer:
  13. beepbeep

Those are nice! :smokin:

I'm going with dark pink this week.
  14. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I LOVE my Midnight Cami toenails. I think I'll be brave and do my fingenails today. :p

I was at Sephora last night and had a look at their Cinderella nail polish line. Very disappointing.... very heavy on the glitter and shimmer.
  15. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

On what planet is that disappointing? :confused:

;)
  16. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Okay... it was the colours that were disappointing, not the glitter and shimmer. ;)
  17. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

18. my little pony

19. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

20. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

It's just trading one extreme for another. It is possible to dress nicely and wear makeup without making it the focus of your life. And it's not necessary to stop buying clothes or shaving to realize that you should take care of your body and get enough sleep.

But maybe her personality or situation where such that this was the only thing that would have worked for her. I guess it's no different than people who diet by going gluten-free/sugar-free/dairy-free/all of the above rather than trying to put together a balanced diet.
  21. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Hell no.
  22. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I *like* wearing make up. And her reasons for doing what she did seem to be normal, new overwhelmed mom type feelings.
  23. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Meh...her reasons seemed to be more about stunt-to-sell-a-book than anything else. That seems to be a new thing--do something extreme for a year and write a book about it. Since they sell well, we can expect more and more.
  24. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I usually don't wear makeup to go to social events. :shuffle: Then again I'm not too overwhelmed when I look in a mirror. Some folks I guess need extremes to get an attitude change.
  25. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I like wearing makeup too. Good products feel nice, they make me look better and feel better. Plus, I love playing with new colours and products. There are days when all I wear is tinted moisturizer, mascara and chapstick, but it's fun to do a full face.
  26. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

Agreed 10-fold.
  27. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Make-up items are my toys. Not giving away my toys.
  28. my little pony

i dont think makeup is the same as skin care or shaving. that being said, i have yet to meet the person who couldnt be improved with mascara. i'd rather go without a shirt.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  29. beepbeep

I like doing my make up too. Playing with the way you look is fun.
    I like going out and not have people asking me "Are you sick?" "Have you slept enough?" (Yay for under eye circles... not!)
    If I'm going to stay at home or just leave to go to the supermarket or something like that, then I only wear sunscreen.

Did she stopped shaving AND stopped wearing deodorant?? :scream:
  30. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Shopped at Sephora yesterday:

I spent around $157. Oy!

Items Bought:

1.Artist's Palette For Eyes - $48
    Spectacular value with 12 eye shadows. All very pigmented, 6 shimmer shadows and 6 matte shadows.

2. MUFE Aqua Eyes Collection - $36

3. Versace Yellow Diamond Eau de Toilette Rollerball - $20
    4. Nars Single Eyeshadow in Mekong - $24
    5. Laura Mercier Baked Eye Color in Black Karat - $22
    6. Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream 1oz size - $8

Two weeks ago I drove to Chicago/Skokie, IL to Westfield Old Orchard to finally, finally buy the Armani makeup/foundation Maestro. It cost $62 :eek:
    It is simply one of the best of foundations I've used. It's not really a foundation more like a complexion corrector. It's a new "fusion" formula that feels fantastic on the skin. It feels weightless, natural/satin finish and I love it. I'll post a review of the product on my blog soon and I'll mention the link in post. I would rate it in my top 5 favorite foundations.

My favorites are Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation, MUFE Face & Body, Bobbi Brown's extra repair foundation w/spf 25(great fall/winter foundation, especially for dry skin), Armani Luminous Silk and now Armani Maestro.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  31. Evilynn

Evilynn ((Swedish skating dudes))

I'm mostly baffled by why anyone would feel the need to write a book about it, or read it for that matter. I know plenty of people who don't wear makeup at all, and I doubt anyone ever thought of writing about it. :lol: I only wear mascara on a daily basis, I used to wear eyeliner as well, but the skin around my eyes have gotten sensitive in my 30ies, so I only doll myself up when I'm going our or will be on stage....said the woman who's eagerly waiting for her Ilamasqua order to arrive. :lol:
  32. my little pony

ive read great reviews of the armani foundation. im just too lazy to go to where they sell it.
  33. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

You have to attach great meaning to not wearing makeup. Then people can read it and feel very spiritual and enlightened about going out without makeup.

I swear, I'm going to think of something stupid to do or not do for a year, pretend it made me a better more enlightened person, write a book and make money.

Just have to think of something. ;)
  34. beepbeep

I'm loving Loreal's Infallible eye shadows soo much right now.
    I bought All Night Blue and Eternal Black, and I am sorry I didn't bought more colors.
    It has a cream/powder texture that, despite getting a few loose specks on my face during application, manages to stay on my oily lids without creasing. :)
  35. my little pony

beepbeep post pics
  36. beepbeep

I don't have pictures on myself, but I linked to blog swatches on the post ;)
  37. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

I barely take the trash out without makeup. :drama: And, it's not middle-aged crisis either, I've been this way at least twenty years. I don't even have bad skin to hide!

So phttthhttthh to Ms. Spiritual Bare-Face. The rest of us like our goopy toys.
  38. my little pony

i want to see the black eye shadow on you. i look best in pale ethereal colors that are trying to approximate a good night sleep. im jealousing your eye makeup.
  39. beepbeep

This is the thing. I don't do dark eye makeup during the day (light eyeshadow, highlighter, mascara and liner sometimes) but I've been giving it a try a lot more often after I got these. My skin is very white and my eyes are greenish/bluish/greyish.

Guess I know how I'll do my makeup for tonight :p
  40. my little pony

take a pic of just 1 eye, throw me a bone. my eyes are very small and squinty. it is not uncommon for total strangers to ask me if im crying.