Glamour Puss 4: Y'all are green with envy!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Veronika, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

Just bumping this thread to say I tried Urban Decay's eye primer potion and so far, it's the best thing I've ever used for my oily eyelids. My eyeshadow did not crease or melt off all day. I'm impressed.
  2. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  3. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

Question - I've looked for L'oreal Voluminous Full Definition mascara recommended here - does it come in a waterproof version? I haven't seen it if it does. That's a must for when the contacts are in. :(

Any other Maybelline or L'oreal recommendations that do come in waterproof formula? Thanks.
  4. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

I got mine from Ulta. You should be able to get it online either Amazon or Drugstore.com
  5. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

I've had really good luck with loreals voluminous million lashes waterproof. I really like the brush and it isn't clumpy at all.
  6. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

Oh, I wish I had thought to check amazon - was visiting stateside last week and had an amazon order delivered to the hotel. Will keep it mind for the next trip. We don't have Ulta in Canada.

Thanks, will look out for this one.
  7. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

I hit up the waterpark with the family today and let me tell you, Avon's Wash Off Waterproof Mascara gave me raccoon eyes in LESS than 10 minutes in the water! I didn't even submerge my face in the water, just a lot of splashing.
  8. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

If you have a Zoya.com account, a 3 for $15 "Share the Love" point was deposited into your account and is available until 6/25. It's for their summer collection, Beach & Surf; 3 full sized bottles and free shipping. Given that one bottle is $8, it's a great deal. I love Zoya's formula; it's one of the best around, IMO.

I got Arizona, Wednesday and Zuza
  9. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

This is going to shocking--but I tried Great Lash Lots of Lashes mascara, and I liked it! :slinkaway

I hate, hate, hate the original version of Great Lash--I will never buy that again. So it was a huge leap of faith to try GL LoL, but I'm glad I did. It has a tiny plastic brush and the formula is much better (drier and more volumizing) than the original GL formula.

Linkage: http://www.maybelline.com/products/...of-lashes-washable/very-black/141?shadeId=837

Oh...and I live in a very boring and silly town in Iowa, but we are getting an Ulta soon. I am in some very serious trouble!
  10. myhoneyhoney

11. beepbeep

beepbeep Resident Rude Brazilian

so cute :D

In awsome news: I'm going duty free shopping tomorrow on the Uruguay border.
    Lots of make up, booze and Genefique!!
  12. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

That is so adorable! :lol:

You know what's NOT adorable? My 67 year old aunt does her toes the same way. :scream:

:cheer2: :cheer2:

Being such a huge fan of Lancome skin care products, I thought I'd try the foundation and primer when the last gift with purchase was on.

I don't like either. :mad: The primer feels oily and the foundation is okay, but I miss the long lasting coverage of MUF. Guess I'll just have to tough it out until I use them up.
  13. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

The cosmetics lady at Walgreens was trying to sell me animal print nail stickers the other day and suggested that I could use a different print on each nail.

I told her I'd think about that as soon as I am 15 again. :scream:
  14. myhoneyhoney

Thank you... actually "Posh" (that's what one of her nicknames) said, "Thank you!":D

BTW, went to the water park today and L'oreal Voluminous Waterproof mascara= FAIL. It did not stand a chance against the wave pool. Back to searching.
  15. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

There's an Estee Lauder waterproof I was wearing a few years back that was truly waterproof. I tested it most days by crying. (Don't ask.) It really stayed on but I don't remember its name.
  16. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

I've had really good luck with both Estee Lauder's waterproof mascara and also Lancome's. I can go into a pool with either of them and as long as I don't forget I'm wearing it and rub my eyes it stays on.

Is there a reason that you wear makeup to water parks? You're a beautiful woman and either you're a complete expert at covering flaws in the pictures you've posted or you don't have many.
  17. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

I have not been buying as much makeup lately (chalk that up to having a crazy job where I don't have time to shop online during the work day :shuffle: ). But I did make an ELF order recently and when I got the order, there were two free $25 gift cards included in the order. ELF is having a bunch of promotions for their 8th anniversary, so I'm assuming this was my prize. Pretty cool, huh?

I used one of them within 24 hours of getting them. ;)
  18. myhoneyhoney

Thanks, made_in_canada. I'm one of those who can't walk outside without mascara. When I was in high school a Mary Kay lady was at my mom's house and she told me how short and skimpy my lashes were. That really stuck. :( Ever since mascara has been a part of my morning routine. I put on tinted moisturizer and then mascara.
  19. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

Dude, not cool. Worst sales lady ever.

However, I feel naked without mascara as well. I'm trying Diorshow right now and while it gives alot of volume and pizzazz, it does flake off too easily, especially for a $25 mascara.
  20. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

Fair enough, myhoneyhoney. We all have our insecurities, rightly or wrongly.
  21. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

:lynch: that sales lady!

I had my makeup done at my cousin's wedding. The makeup artist commented on how long my lashes were. I'm Asian. I have no lashes. :rofl: She was an incredibly nice lady, though.

I might try putting on false lashes for my wedding. I'm not sure when would be a good time to start practicing, but at least I have plenty of time. I work in a lab, I have tremendously good hand-eye coordination. Hopefully this won't be as difficult as it seems. :lol:
  22. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i dont even want to look at myself w/o mascara, no one else should have to either
  23. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

:rofl: I never thought of that as being great preparation for makeup application but maybe it is. The one time in my life I ever tried false lashes I almost blinded myself trying to get them on.

And, myhoney, don't feel badly. I was home sick the last two days, Saturday I didn't even shower until evening, and I had mascara on, because I can't stand seeing myself without it. I have decent eyelashes but they're pretty pale for a brunette.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  24. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I was able to do surgery on a chick embryo (to insert a tiny bead next to the wing bud) and not impale the heart, I'm pretty sure I can put on false lashes without poking myself in the eye. :lol:

However, I have to take my glasses off for the latter so the logistics might be more difficult. :p
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  25. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I have long thick lashes and only use mascara for special occasions. (Don't come after me...I'm likely going to lose the vision under those lashes eventually, so I think I deserve them).

On a different note...

Clearance sale time of year. I got half price nail polish!

OPI "Melon of Troy":

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RGy7FiAt2tI/Tgy_HRGQFGI/AAAAAAAAADM/xOQXOaOzqxk/s1600/IMG_2459.jpg

And "Panda-monium Pink":

http://deathbypolish.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/panda-monium-pink.jpg

The melon is on my toes and looks very summery. Haven't tried the pink yet.

I'm proud of myself for only buying two! A lot of the others were close to other colors I have, but that hasn't always stopped me in the past. :lol:
  26. KCC

KCC Active Member

When I had my chemo treatments, I handled the hair loss just fine until I lost my lashes and brows. That was devastating to me. I looked like ET and had to draw in some brows (but I never did fake lashes). Too afraid fake lash adhesive would hurt the regrowth of the new lashes.
  27. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

That was one of the only things appearance wise that bothered me during chemo too, KCC. It's amazing how much eyebrows and eyelashes affect how a person looks.
  28. my little pony

milani has a limited edition felt tip liquid eyeliner, color play, that holds as well as any eyeliner i have used and it is super muggy here this weekend. it has a very fine tip. i think it was about $7.
  29. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Suggestions for summer light coverage concealer and skin product for 20-something with oily skin? She starts the day looking great, but her face gets visibly shiny by mid-day when she's at work. (Or, some other solution?)
  30. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

I went with a friend with very, very sparse lashes to the department store cosmetics counter where she bought a packet of fake lashes and then the makeup person there (who was very good, it seemed) spent 20 minutes giving her a lesson in how to do it. They looked great, and not fakey. (This was a Monday first thing after opening; probably not the thing to do on a weekend.)
  31. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Just noticed that ebates is offering an 8% cashback on Sephora purchases when you set up a free account and click through their site to Sephora. (Or a huge list of other on-line retailers.) They've reliably sent me cashback bonuses for other online purchases; if you haven't used them and want to try, you can get a free $10 gift card to Target or Barnes & Noble if you click through this link:
    http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=Ucjaz1lfbkAuhcfwr/HSvQ==

Disclosure: I get a $5 bonus if you do buy something someday after signing up with this referral. But, I send my local food bank my total rebates each year as an additional contribution. Given my Amazon and other on-line purchases, it adds up nicely. They say that for every dollar they can get 4 person-meals worth of food.
  32. my little pony

does she want concealer for blemishes or for under the eye?

today i used tarte clean slate eye primer for the first time. $15. i put it on at 7 am. took a nap after dinner. then washed my face. eye shadow still hadnt creased and it didnt even come off, just faded a little after i washed my face. best eye primer i have ever used.
  33. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Maybelline Mineral Power concealer is great, light but has decent coverage. If she wants something for blemishes, go with a more yellow tint to counteract redness. If it's undereye area, try a pinker hue to brighten it up.

The shininess is difficult to correct with makeup — I've never found a product that controls oiliness all day without either drying out my skin or caking it on. I carry a little packet of blotter papers from Sephora for when I start to look extremely ... reflective.

I've also found that my skin is less likely to become oily when I use pure aloe vera gel instead of moisturizer. I've been doing this for months now and I really like it. It's also cheap as hell: a big bottle of the clear aloe vera gel (don't get the green ones) is $3.50 at Walmart.
  34. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

See, that's how I know I can't. I was just in a few basic biology labs and cannot tell you how many wells I'd ripped with a pipette trying to do DNA gel electrophoresis. And the amount of glassware I broke in organic chem lab.

PRLady, have you ever been in a lab, just wondering...:shuffle:
  35. fan

fan Active Member

i believe you're speaking a foregin language. i don't understand a word of what you just said.
  36. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

:lol:
  37. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

False eyelashes are the same as applying liquid eyeiner: It just takes practice. I did, however, have someone help me with them for my own wedding. I wish I wore falsies more often. I have yet to conquer individual ones.

Has anyone tried one of the many BB creams out there? According to http://www.musingsofamuse.com/ most North American releases are just tinted moisturizer. I'm glad, though, because suddenly the market is flooded with affordable, decent TMs! I like Maybelline's so far.
  38. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I can barely understand it myself. :lol:
  39. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Well-Known Member

So does anyone know if there is a decent BB Cream in the US? I have an excellent tinted moisturizer; I'd like to try an actual BB cream.

Speaking of shiny faces: I have been told over and over again that I am shiny because I don't moisturize enough. I, after a month of moisturizing with an oil-free moisturizer, am still shiny.

Meh.
  40. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

I have the Origins BB cream. I just think of it as a tinted moisturizer, and the best one I've tried so far. It doesn't cause me to break out, and I don't need to wear foundation over it. Apparently it also has anti-aging benefits, so that's cool.