Glamour Puss 4: Y'all are green with envy!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Veronika, Sep 22, 2011.

1. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

I checked both but only IA's said that Nordstorm ships to Canada. I checked all the makeup and skincare lines immediately. :swoon:

Trying hard not to order something...

I don't care about clothes anymore...only my 15 month old sees what I wear these days...:lol:

2. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

I've been using the argan oil on my hair now for almost 2 weeks and what a difference! My hair is so much softer and no where near as crunchy. I colored it last Wednesday too. I'm sold on this for sure.

3. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Heads up to all; The December issue of InStyle Magazine with Amy Adams on the cover has a great free sample offer.

Estee Lauder's Extreme Sumptous Mascara same free offer.

Also, this is a great issue for makeup and clothing options. I love their "Your Look" section. This month they offer options on how to wear the color "peacock blue". How to pair it with other colors for a sophisicated look.

4. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

I got three samples of foundation from MAC today. I'm hoping my oily skin will like at least one of them.

5. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I went to Ricky's today as it was the last day of their 20% off sale. I bought Sally Hershberger's Wavy hair shampoo & conditioner. I've never seen shampoo formulated specifically for wavy hair, so I was really excited. The online reviews are mostly positive. I'm not thrilled it's got sulphates in it, but I'm giving it a shot anyway.

I also got 3 OPI polishes for 1.99 each :)

6. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

Essie tried pulling a fast one on me. My absolute favorite neutral is Bond's Beige. It goes on quick and easy and it's got just a little bit of shimmer in it. Haven't been able to find it for a while, though, and I figured they must have re-named it to fit in with one of their themed collections. Sure enough I was in Duane Reade the other day and I found it living under its new alias - East Hampton Cottage. Nice try, Essie. :sekret:

7. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I've never seen this color before, so pretty! Your paws must look very nice.

8. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

I'm loving the MAC Match Master liquid foundation. I've started making a mental list of things I want to get...and now I am a complete ELC offshoot brands addict.
    They also had some fun looking new nail polish colors when I was in to look at foundations, has anyone tried them?

9. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

I don't normally post in this thread, so my apologies if this has already been posted before.

I was recently introduced to this nifty shoe place online and thought I'd share it. If you have smaller feet, especially in hard to find widths, this is the place for you.

http://www.cinderellaofboston.com/

And right now, they are offering free domestic shipping on all orders :biggrinbo :biggrinbo :biggrinbo

Merry Xmas!!!

10. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I got my wedding shoes at that store! Love it.

11. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

So close ... my feet measure a 6 WW. :(

12. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i applaud you for branching out!

agalisgv and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Visionnaire and Renergie Multiple Action Eye Cream are officially my new favorite skin care products :D. After using them together regularly for over a month, you'd think I'd had "work" done to get rid of fine lines/beginning of crow's feet and to lift the skin around my eyes (and the lids), but there's no frozen face effect that happens with botox.

The difference is :eek: :respec: :glamor: :cheer2:. Expensive ($85 for each IIRC), but worth every penny, and wayyy less than having anything injected or nipped/tucked would cost.

14. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

I paid $100 for mine here in Canada. :mad: Don't you find a little doesn't go a long way like the Genefique serum, though?

It is completely amazing stuff, I'll agree with that! :swoon:

15. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

16. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

If I had a ton of money, I would have found that really helpful in high school. :lol: My acne has actually gotten A LOT better (legitimately better), but my pores are still huge and nothing really seems to help that even if I had a ton of money to spend. :lol:

17. Stefanie

Stefanie Well-Known Member

Have any of my fellow US posters noticed any ads for free gifts from Estee Lauder in any of the department stores? I'd like to buy my mom some perfume for Christmas, and I usually like to get it when there's a free gift involved. :)

ETA: Nevermind. I just did some research and it looks like it's all "purchases with a purchase." I checked Macy's and Nordstrom.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  18. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I think Estee bonuses have been linked to fragrance purchases this month. I know a lot of people who love Pleasures, Beyond Paradise or White Linen!

Clothing snark. When I was in Prague, I tried on a pair of boots that were insanely comfortable. But they were a funny height, not ankle and not calf, so I bought another pair that were almost as comfortable from another German shoe manufacturer.

Well, I went looking for the original brand (needed some help from Moko-Anas to remember the name) and found them, and although they are sold everywhere in the UK there are hardly an options in the US. It's the Caprice brand.

:(

19. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

I just need to let this out somewhere: ILOVEHAVINGADISCOUNT. It has saved me so much on Xmas shopping.

On the other hand, I have this great pair of Paul Green shoes that I love--and the outer seam has completely worn through. I was devastated when I realized what happened and went to Nordstrom's to see if they knew if I could get them repaired-and I can't. They're toast. The guy told me that I may be part of a small percentage of people that "supinate" when they walk, meaning I tend to roll my feet outwards, therefore my shoes wear out much faster. He gave me some tips on finding inserts to protect against increased wear and tear. I always leave Nordstroms feeling so impressed with how helpful they are...

20. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

21. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

I'm not gonna lie, her daily routine is impressive in it's detail and length, but...wouldn't putting all that makeup on make her acne even worse? I was talking to a cosmetologist the other day and she said that while she loves MAC makeup, they're foundations and concealers are all comodogenic. I don't know about Makeup Forever HD or Smashbox, but I feel like if she's ever hoping to see some dramatic improvement in her skin, she may need to go without makeup for awhile.
    That being said, I'm totally going to check out her highlighting & contouring video.

ETA: NM, I just checked out her video answering that very question.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  22. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

23. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

At least she can hide her acne very very well with makeup, and she's still very tall and has great features and bone structure so she can model. But it still must be hard for a teenage girl to wake up to that, ESPECIALLY one who makes money off her looks.

Too bad she isn't a candidate for Accutane. I know several people (including my sister) who did it and it's very much a last resort, but it helps quite a bit for those who have tried everything.

Yeah, it's quite a routine, especially if she does it only to go out and then immediately washes it off when she gets home so it doesn't clog her pores even more. :lol: I'm a hermity homebody who doesn't need to look nice at work (or anywhere in general) so I've never seen the point of spending so much time putting makeup on for only a few hours of "use." But then again she IS a model...

I might have to look up that Smashbox Antishine or the Makeup Forever HD...once I go through the Bare Escentuals I haven't opened yet. :p

24. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

I tried her tips on highlighting and contouring today, and I just felt like I was wearing too much makeup. However, I am not a model, so I guess that makes sense. :lol:

25. myhoneyhoney

I wanna try out her highlighting and contouring too! First, I need to figure out what face shape I have...

26. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

http://www.visual-makeover.com/face-htm/

I am square...I don't know, maybe I didn't do the highlighting and contouring correctly for my face shape.

I also noticed that she was complaining about her hair being a frizzball and not knowing what to do with it, then she mentioned she uses Herbal Essences. AGGGH. I almost posted a comment on youtube for the first time ever, then I stopped myself.

27. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

So I had a sample of the Olay body moisturizer that's supposed to "reduce the seven signs of aging." So I put it on my butt and got a rash. :shuffle:

So, diaper rash makes me look younger, right? ;)

28. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

:lol: I used to work with a girl who would put anti-aging face lifting serum on her butt.

Our product testers were always put to good use...:shuffle:

29. myhoneyhoney

30. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

I use Herbal Essences, what's so bad about it? :confused: My hair isn't frizzy, but the waves can be hard to control.

All I know is, I'll never go back to Pantene. Bacne galore :scream: