Glamour Puss 4: Y'all are green with envy!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Veronika, Sep 22, 2011.

1. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

So close ... my feet measure a 6 WW. :(
  2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i applaud you for branching out!
    agalisgv and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Visionnaire and Renergie Multiple Action Eye Cream are officially my new favorite skin care products :D. After using them together regularly for over a month, you'd think I'd had "work" done to get rid of fine lines/beginning of crow's feet and to lift the skin around my eyes (and the lids), but there's no frozen face effect that happens with botox.

The difference is :eek: :respec: :glamor: :cheer2:. Expensive ($85 for each IIRC), but worth every penny, and wayyy less than having anything injected or nipped/tucked would cost.
  4. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

I paid $100 for mine here in Canada. :mad: Don't you find a little doesn't go a long way like the Genefique serum, though?

It is completely amazing stuff, I'll agree with that! :swoon:
  5. my little pony

6. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

If I had a ton of money, I would have found that really helpful in high school. :lol: My acne has actually gotten A LOT better (legitimately better), but my pores are still huge and nothing really seems to help that even if I had a ton of money to spend. :lol:
  7. Stefanie

Stefanie Well-Known Member

Have any of my fellow US posters noticed any ads for free gifts from Estee Lauder in any of the department stores? I'd like to buy my mom some perfume for Christmas, and I usually like to get it when there's a free gift involved. :)

ETA: Nevermind. I just did some research and it looks like it's all "purchases with a purchase." I checked Macy's and Nordstrom.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  8. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

I think Estee bonuses have been linked to fragrance purchases this month. I know a lot of people who love Pleasures, Beyond Paradise or White Linen!

Clothing snark. When I was in Prague, I tried on a pair of boots that were insanely comfortable. But they were a funny height, not ankle and not calf, so I bought another pair that were almost as comfortable from another German shoe manufacturer.

Well, I went looking for the original brand (needed some help from Moko-Anas to remember the name) and found them, and although they are sold everywhere in the UK there are hardly an options in the US. It's the Caprice brand.

:(
  9. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

I just need to let this out somewhere: ILOVEHAVINGADISCOUNT. It has saved me so much on Xmas shopping.

On the other hand, I have this great pair of Paul Green shoes that I love--and the outer seam has completely worn through. I was devastated when I realized what happened and went to Nordstrom's to see if they knew if I could get them repaired-and I can't. They're toast. The guy told me that I may be part of a small percentage of people that "supinate" when they walk, meaning I tend to roll my feet outwards, therefore my shoes wear out much faster. He gave me some tips on finding inserts to protect against increased wear and tear. I always leave Nordstroms feeling so impressed with how helpful they are...
  10. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

11. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

I'm not gonna lie, her daily routine is impressive in it's detail and length, but...wouldn't putting all that makeup on make her acne even worse? I was talking to a cosmetologist the other day and she said that while she loves MAC makeup, they're foundations and concealers are all comodogenic. I don't know about Makeup Forever HD or Smashbox, but I feel like if she's ever hoping to see some dramatic improvement in her skin, she may need to go without makeup for awhile.
    That being said, I'm totally going to check out her highlighting & contouring video.

ETA: NM, I just checked out her video answering that very question.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  12. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

13. Anita18

At least she can hide her acne very very well with makeup, and she's still very tall and has great features and bone structure so she can model. But it still must be hard for a teenage girl to wake up to that, ESPECIALLY one who makes money off her looks.

Too bad she isn't a candidate for Accutane. I know several people (including my sister) who did it and it's very much a last resort, but it helps quite a bit for those who have tried everything.

Yeah, it's quite a routine, especially if she does it only to go out and then immediately washes it off when she gets home so it doesn't clog her pores even more. :lol: I'm a hermity homebody who doesn't need to look nice at work (or anywhere in general) so I've never seen the point of spending so much time putting makeup on for only a few hours of "use." But then again she IS a model...

I might have to look up that Smashbox Antishine or the Makeup Forever HD...once I go through the Bare Escentuals I haven't opened yet. :p
  14. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

I tried her tips on highlighting and contouring today, and I just felt like I was wearing too much makeup. However, I am not a model, so I guess that makes sense. :lol:
  15. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

I wanna try out her highlighting and contouring too! First, I need to figure out what face shape I have...
  16. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

http://www.visual-makeover.com/face-htm/

I am square...I don't know, maybe I didn't do the highlighting and contouring correctly for my face shape.

I also noticed that she was complaining about her hair being a frizzball and not knowing what to do with it, then she mentioned she uses Herbal Essences. AGGGH. I almost posted a comment on youtube for the first time ever, then I stopped myself.
  17. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

So I had a sample of the Olay body moisturizer that's supposed to "reduce the seven signs of aging." So I put it on my butt and got a rash. :shuffle:

So, diaper rash makes me look younger, right? ;)
  18. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

:lol: I used to work with a girl who would put anti-aging face lifting serum on her butt.

Our product testers were always put to good use...:shuffle:
  19. myhoneyhoney

20. vesperholly

I use Herbal Essences, what's so bad about it? :confused: My hair isn't frizzy, but the waves can be hard to control.

All I know is, I'll never go back to Pantene. Bacne galore :scream:
  21. Christina

Christina Well-Known Member

Come to the Dark Side, vesperholly. EverPure and/or EverSleek are your friend. Seriously.

Where's Cyn with her sulfate lecture?
  22. vesperholly

Oh ... I tried them and HATED them. My hair was limp and frizzy. :shuffle:

I was thinking there was a recommendation for a different drugstore product, like Tresemme or Aussie. My main problem is hair that gets oily if I go longer than 24 hours between washing (or at least oily looking/feeling to me, I've gotten compliments on "old" hair :lol:), it's very thick and can be poufy, and I have waves that won't hold a straightening. The wave pattern is very large, so I have curves rather than curls, but my hair is just above shoulder length and likes to do all kinds of crazy bending at the ends.
  23. Christina

I do a weird combination of EverPure Smoothing and Argan Oil. I hated the moisturizing EverPure, and the EverSleek wasn't my favorite. But the Smoothing is fab for me - it's got the orange cap.

I use Argan Oil (I'm probably spelling that wrong) from Organix? - I got it at Ulta, mixed with either some John Frieda Frizz Ease or the EverSleek leave in treatment.

I know, there is silicone in the Frizz Ease - I do a clarifying wash once a week.

Anyway, my hair felt greasy to me if I didn't wash it (before I started using the sulfate free stuff). Now I only wash every other day during the week. When I straighten with my flat iron, it holds it for the entire day, which was impossible before with the humidity here. The next day I just touch up with the straightener and it looks just as good. I've got wavy/curly hair with ringlets but very fine and very thick.
    IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

Herbal essences has synthetics galore...basically it'll work for awhile, but the miscellaneous synthetic binders will start to build up on your hair and stay there, preventing the active ingredients from doing their job. She mentioned she had been using herbal essences and recently her hair had become difficult to deal with...that's probably why.
  25. PrincessLeppard

You know you all want to try Wen. :sekret:
  26. Integrity

Integrity Active Member

Do you use all of the products? At present, I only use shampoo, conditioner and a leave-in a few times a week. I was thinking of trying just the cleansing conditioner.

Thanks.
  27. myhoneyhoney

yeah, I do! I'll see if I can score some from ebay.
  28. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

ARGH I do want to try it, but I have buttloads of shampoo and conditioner right now and I can't spend any more money on hair care.

I need that money for makeup. :p
  29. Christina

I don't know what "Wen" is. Please explain.

Where can I get it? I don't have a Sephora, but I do have an Ulta.
  30. my little pony

wen is "cleansing conditioner" for your hair. i get mine from qvc.
  31. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

Wen is a line of hair care products that, according to many (princessleppard included) makes your hair much shinier, softer, and more manageable. The idea is that you use a "cleansing conditioner" rather than a shampoo and a conditioner--the cleansing conditioner cleans your hair without stripping it of its natural oils, plus it adds softness and manageability. They have some styling products too, but I haven't heard as many raves about that as I have about the cleansing conditioner. You can't get it at any beauty store, you have to order it online at their website or at any home-shopping network type website.
  32. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

I use my castoffs for shaving. Then I don't feel like I'm wasting money (just product...)
  33. PrincessLeppard

All I use is the cleansing conditioner. I do still use a spray gel, as my hair is baby fine, but even when I forget to put that in, my hair still has a lot of bounce. Also, I've been using it five months now, and my hair is much longer than it's ever been. It really cuts down on breakage.

Also, color lasts longer, especially my purple, which is hard to keep fresh.

I could rave some more. They should put me in their damn infomercial. :p

Christina, if you want to try it, get a small bottle from eBay. If you order from their website, you automatically get added to the auto-ship delivery. And you probably don't want to do that until you are sure you like it. :)
    Integrity and (deleted member) like this.
  34. Anita18

I can only use Pert Plus, and Neutrogena T-Sal. Because my hair still has the fungus in it, but it's very manageable now that I blow-dry my hair every time I wash it. I did try Everpure and it didn't make a damn bit of difference. :shuffle: YMMV on these, I suppose.

But I finally got a giant roller brush to use while blow-drying and now my hair dries so soft. :cheer:
  35. Christina

Okay, I checked ebay. There's lots of different scents - are they all the same product and they just smell different? How come a 6oz tea tree cleansing conditioner is almost the same price as the 16oz mint something or other cleansing conditioner?

I guess I'm off to the Wen website to figure this out!
  36. my little pony

sweet almond mint is universal. the other ones are recommended for different types of hair. i started with the sweet almond mint. most of the time i use tea tree.
  37. PrincessLeppard

I use Lavender, but the Sweet Almond Mint is nice, too.
  38. myhoneyhoney

I found this blog that explains the differences with the Wen scents/flavors. I want to try it out, I hope to find some "sampler" set somewhere.
  39. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

My roommate from last year kept an unopened bottle of Wen in our medicine cabinet for THE ENTIRE YEAR. You guys have no idea the self-control I had to not take that thing away from her! :drama:

Seriously, though, I'd love to try it. I've heard only great things.

I stopped by Sephora to get my friend a gift card for her birthday :shuffle: And I ended up getting Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Colour Balm in Fuller Fig, Nails INC nail polish in Warwick Way and my favorite eyeliner Makeup Forever's, Aqua Eyes pencil in black. I think liquid liner looks so nice, but for me, I always end up going back to pencil.
  40. beepbeep

beepbeep Resident Rude Brazilian

It's because of things like this that it sucks to live in Brazil (cosmetic wise): I missed the Ever Pure bandwagon and I'll probably miss the Wen's bandwagon too.

Some brands just never get here, not even imported :(