Glamour Puss 4: Y'all are green with envy!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Veronika, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Carry on! :drama:

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  2. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

I fell in love with Makeup Forever's HD cream blush immediately after I tried it, so I immediately ordered the HD Foundation. Now I'm full of zits around my cheekbones and I don't even have the foundation yet :mad:

I hope blemishes are just a coincidence. :scream:

3. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

Erm...what kind of oils are in that cream blush?

Also can I just say I HATE people who get away with doing every wrong thing to their skin and it still looks fantastic? I had a woman today with great looking skin and she told me she uses her shampoo to wash her face in the morning, and then an Ivory bar in the afternoon if it gets any dirt on it.
    Why can't I get away with that?!?

4. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Their HD foundation doesn't seem to break me out :) I couldn't get a great color match, though.

5. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I've been traveling and my travel blush is my sample of Stila cream blush in Lilium. That stuff stays put for 12 hours on me. :eek:

What do you guys use to apply cream blush, other than your fingers?

6. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I'm afraid of cream blush. :slinkaway

7. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

Try a very small fan brush. I find these very easy to blend both blush and contour colors when doing my drag make-up in a good way. :)

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  8. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I can understand that. Cream blushes aren't as user friendly as powder ones.

But they are not nearly as scary as BeneFit Benetint. That stuff is horrid on me--it dries in under a second before you have a chance to blend it so you end up with red blotches that aren't that easy to get rid of as this is a stain. And it splatters like blood from a severed artery. Sorry for the graphic analogy. :slinkaway

9. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

We have ragweed pollen with the bonus of mold from months of standing water from the Missouri River flood (yes...I know, you've never heard about that...but, trust me, it is a big rive and it is a disastrous flood that impacted many--but by all means do not tell the national media). So in a new allergy symptom for me, my eyelids are swelling up. It's very attractive, of course. I called my optometrist. Verdict: new (expensive!) prescription eye drops and a directive to not wear eye makeup until a good hard freeze...:(

I suppose I should probably follow directions. Except tomorrow. We're having a church directory photo taken and I refuse to have it taken with no eye makeup. :scream:

10. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

I understand. I went to Israel in June with a slight eye infection, I had some glop from the clinic I got at the last minute which made it go away in a few days. I wasn't supposed to wear eye makeup either but I look like a rabbit without mascara so I did. :shuffle:

11. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I currently look like a raccoon due to allergies, too. So there is no way I'm getting that picture taken without under eye concealer even if my lower lid is slightly swollen and should have no makeup near it. I'll wash it all off when we come back home!

12. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

This reminds me of the woman who got in trouble a few weeks back -- the Surgeon General? -- for saying that women don't work out enough because they're afraid of messing up their hair.

Well, if I were paying for weaves or blowouts, I wouldn't be working out five times a week either. It's only because I went curly-natural and just wash my hair when I'm sweaty that I do that schedule.

Vanity is a bitch.

13. vesperholly

Duo-fiber brushes (the kind with black short hairs and white longer hairs) work really well for cream blush.

Right?! Benetint is AWFUL. It's all over magazines constantly, and basically launched Benefit as a brand. I can't understand editors' obsession with it - they must get kickbacks or something. That and Maybelline Great Lash mascara. :scream:

14. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i love benetint :slinkaway

15. vesperholly

What's your secret?!

16. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

Ha, so with you on the Great Lash mascara! It does absolutely NOTHING good for me, just flakes all over.

17. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

My stepmom loves Great Lash mascara. I hate it! Why is it so popular?!

I do love the Benetint lip balm. :shuffle:

18. fan

fan Active Member

19. my little pony

i dont know, i have oily skin so maybe that is why it blends well

as for the great lash mascara, i dont get it either. my friend who is a makeup artist says he doesnt like it on real lashes but it is great on false eyelashes.

20. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I don't work out until my hair says I need to wash it anyway. It takes an hour each time, it doesn't even cost me money. I just really need to be that efficient. :eek:

21. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

This is so my new location.

22. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

:wuzrobbed Now I have to has opulence all by myself! It's all because I am pro-green eye shadow, isn't it? Someone pass the mini-giraffe, I need comfort....

23. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I will always be hasing opulence with you, 'paw even with the green eye shadow. :)

Thanks for the cream blush suggestions, will check them out!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  24. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

When I bought the Makeup Forever HD blush, I bought this brush at the same time; it's fabulous!

The HD Foundation is nice, but I may have been a bit off on my selection of shade. If I wasn't ordering on-line, I'd bring it back, but it's not horrible, so I may go just a bit lighter on my next order.

I tried the Buxom mascara yesterday for the first time, and I loved it. I know it's only one day, but it didn't run/flake and I LOVED the brush! :cheer2:

25. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Thanks, will play with the brush next time I am at The Temple of Doom Sephora. :p

26. vesperholly

That brush is almost identical to the Sonia Kashuk version, which is around $12. :)

27. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

28. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Just wanted to give a plug for a nail polish I found at CVS, Rimmel's French Manicure series in French Rose. Pretty name, pretty light natural shade and (huge for klutzy me) easy to apply. Even better, I'm on day 5? and no signs of having to remove it yet. Oh, and it's $5 (at that price I did get the long lasting topcoat as well). :cheer:

29. my little pony

i asked who makes the custom blended foundation but the parts all come from separate beauty supplies in bulk and she mixes them herself. To recreate the custom foundation for oily skin, use a shade that you like from any line. Add lavender foundation, you will end up adding a lot of it. Add some green foundation, not nearly so much, less than half. Add a little white foundation, less than the green. It may be sold as "color corrective foundation" or "correcting primer."

30. beepbeep

beepbeep Resident Rude Brazilian

I've just spent an absurd amount of money at the hairdresser: cut, highlights, dye, conditioning/straighthening plus mani/pedi (first time I got it done in a salon in over a year).

My hair is :swoon: like it hasn't been since the last time I got it done :p