Glamour Puss 2: No recession here

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Veronika, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

Thanks! :) I would have been glad with a tip anyway, even if it hadn't worked. I just have to try things and see how they go with my hair.
    It doesn't really lie that much better I think but my hair feels much silkier! :) Even my boyfriend commented on the fact that now my hair couldn't be sold as a shaving brush anymore. :lol:

:lol: I got it from the UK. Cost only about 3$ in delivery. So great. :)

I got the one with the pump. Thanks for the tip. I used two pumps yesterday so I will tone it down today.

For Christmas I have been to Douglas yesterday and brought three items from Lancome (mascara, blush and one little bath bubble) and paid nearly 70€. :scream:
    The mascara better be worth it. :mad:
    ;)

2. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm in a northern suburb. I never knew about a Perfumania in Tonawanda - perhaps you're thinking of the Niagara Falls outlet? That's actually just called "Fragrance Outlet", I looked it up. There's only a Perfumania at Walden Galleria, which is east of the city in Cheektowaga, and I have no idea if they carry NYX (but it'd be awesome).

A location in Tonawanda would be amazing, because Galleria is :yikes: right now, and the outlet mall is a bit of a hike for me. And dangerous because they have a CCO with lots of cheap MAC.

3. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

It will improve even more after a few uses. :)

It is! :)

4. Stefanie

Stefanie Well-Known Member

I did the Euro to dollar conversion in my head and even that seems steep for 3 Lancome products. Or perhaps it has been awhile since I bought Lancome but I don't remember it ever costing close to $140 for a mascara, blush, and bath bubbles. :eek:

5. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

70€ are about $100. Still a lot.

6. beepbeep

beepbeep Taking homeless Fabian home

Ok, Glamour Puss also means fabulous shoes, right???

So, I gave in. I got myself a pair of 3inch (I'm 1,80m after all :p) pair of simple leather, pale beige high heels. Not cheap (for my standarts anyway...). I am LOVING how they make my legs look longer and that they actually match my skin color. Nothing like a nnice pair of shoes to make a gal feel better (do I sense a little Carrie Bradshaw syndrom ? :lol:)

So, any shoe shopping for the Holidays???

And, oh: Merry Christhmas, Glamour Puss !!!! :cheer:

7. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

Nope no shoe shopping.. but boyfriend got me the MAC eyeshadow compact that I wanted! Also a beautiful pair of earrings (from an actual jewelry store!) and a crap load of other stuff that has nothing to do with beauty but was super cool none the less haha. He spoiled me.. again :)

8. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

Mr. Stormy unexpectedly gave me a $50 E-giftcard to Sephora! :cheer2: Now I can splurge on my Bliss Naked Body Butter!

9. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

I'm now the proud owner of a $75.00 giftcard to use at Ulta :cheer2: . The :drama: is going to be deciding what to get :lol: .

Mom also got me Ralph Lauren's Romance gift set - 3.4 oz. parfum, 3.4 oz. each of lotion and bath gel, and a miniature of the parfum :swoon: .

Has anyone here ever used Neutrogena's battery-operated skin buffer/exfoliator? MiniCyn wants one of those, and before I drop $25 US on one, I'd like to know if it's worth it.

10. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

I thought it was crap. Save your money. I don't really have an alternative to suggest, though. :(

11. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

If anyone else is into LUSH...now is the time of year for their big blow-out sale on Christmas stuff (both online and in-store.)

This year it is buy 1, get 2 free.

I got 12 bathbombs + 3 bathmelts (bought a giftbox) for $40. Wheeeeeeee!!

I also did a little Sephora online shopping too. hehe!

12. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

No Sephora cards for me this year (probably because mom knows I've spent enough there of late :shuffle:), but I see they're having a sale. :shuffle: :shuffle: :shuffle: ;) But everyone's cards should go that much further, I'd think. :D

13. cruisin

Andora, did you get your gels?

14. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

:shuffle: I did, but I was really dumb and went to a local cheapie salon. They grinded my nails (only a touch) and used glue for the tips. Shortly into the grinding I thought to leave, but talked to the technician and decided to suck it up and deal with my mistake.

They feel okay, and aren't too hard to use. I do want them off when I get back to work, though. Typing isn't so much fun. :p But they've done well so far.

15. vesperholly

Ulta has Essie seasonal nail polishes on super-duper clearance! I got Sag Harbor and Shelter Island (spring) for $2 and Mint Candy Apple (holiday) for $4. :cheer2:

16. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

I WAS JUST THERE. DAMN IT. :lol: (I thought bagging gold, taupe and "rockstar skinny" on the 3 for 2 was decent)

I had the worst timing, it appears. Target rolled out its Rodarte white line the DAY AFTER I returned home to Targetlessanada. :wuzrobbed:

17. vesperholly

Aww :) I think they were only put on sale after Christmas - weren't you there before?

18. cruisin

A good place won't glue on tips or grind your actual nails. They will build forward if you want your nails longer than your natural nails. They use a foil covered paper shape, with adhesive underneath. They put the shape under your nail and stick it together under your finger, this provides a sort of armature, to build the nail on. I keep mine rather short, so they do not interfere with typing, etc. Too bad you did not have a good experience. You might try again with a better salon. If you do, I would grow your natural nails as long as you want them to be and have them put the gels on top of your nails. I only need mine extended if one breaks, and that is rare.

19. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

I feel your pain.

I'm in Targetlesscanada too. And there is no Sephora where I live either. :mitchell:

Plus...when I went to order the 4 pack of Calvin Klein mini nailpolishes from Sephora last night, they were all sold out. :(

20. AnnM

AnnM Active Member

I have very dark hair and the best dry shampoo I have used is Green Rootine by Jonathan Product. It's a powder that goes on with a twist-up brush. No mess, no weird grayish tinge and a little goes a long way.

21. fan

fan Well-Known Member

thank you so much - now where can i find this product (live in canada, but travel to the US often).

22. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

MiniCyn and I went to Ulta today, fully armed - me with a $75.00 gift card and she with $30.00 in cash :bribe: :glamor: :bribe: :glamor:

HUGE sales/clearance going on this week :cheer2:

We loaded up - between us, we walked out of there with

- 3 new eyeliners (raisin, teal, and cobalt)
    - a new mascara (both Ulta's own line - their own line is Buy 2 Get 2 Free)
    - shampoo (some fancy-smancy brand whose name escapes me ATM :eek: )
    - conditioner (both made for super-straight styling)
    - Glittery hand sanitizer (not mine :rofl: )
    - lavender/chamomile microwaveable neck wrap
    - tuberose-scented soy candle (~10 oz.)
    - Redken flat-iron spray
    - the Neutrogena battery-operated exfoliating thingee (dual speed one)
    - box of Neutrogena refill pads for above
    - cuticle nippers
    - concealer (again, Ulta brand)

Not the most exciting list, but we're both :biggrinbo over all the loot.

Unfortunately, the store was insanely low on stock. I was there last weekend, and they were already out of a lot of stuff. Given that, along with what the place was like yesterday, I've no doubt that on Saturday, customers were swarming like a school of piranhas on a feeding frenzy :scream: :yikes: :scream: .

As for the Ulta brand, it doesn't suck, and if I'm experimenting with new colors, I get a less-expensive brand; if it looks :glamor: , I'll buy the pricier stuff in the same shade.

I'm crossing my fingers - we went on and got it as it was $14.50 less 15%. Same discount for the refill pads. MiniCyn hates the whole routine of cleansing, exfoliating, toning, and moisturizing, so I figure that even if it's a POS, it will get her into the habit of using an age-appropriate skin-care regimen. She loves it, so who am I to complain? :lol:

23. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

I believe someone else posted that they liked the Wave once upon a time?

I do the same thing unless I get a really cool pallate with pedestrian AND crazy colours. I very much want to buy any of teh Too Faced pallates for this reason. :p

It's not a bad way to be with clothes either. Trendy stuff I try to buy a bargain-basement prices because soon enough it'll be over. If I like it enough to not care if I look out of date (and to be honest, I always look out of date-- I never stopped wearing boot cuts when everyone was all over skinnies, and I'm never giving up my '40s-inspired dress :p), I'll see if I can get something better quality, but otherwise...

24. silverstars

silverstars New Member

I went to Ulta today too! SO MANY SALES. I nearly died (in the best way possible).

I've got a Sephora gift card that I need to use up. It's for $25, so I'll be able to buy, um, one thing. I was thinking of buying another Tarte cheek stain. I misplaced my old one, but I absolutely loved it. Either that or maybe Nars the Multiple if I like it...

25. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

Did she get the Wave or the Healthy Skin Rejuvenator?

I have the Healthy Skin Rejuvenator, and I really like it. My skin feels fantastic after I use it, but I don`t use it as often as they suggest, twice a week is enough for me.

26. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

Attention Canadians!

www.murale.ca

Has anyone gone to one of their stores before? Has it been mentioned and I've forgotten? I'm going to make a pilgrimage-- sorry, trek to one, and will report back. I'm hoping it's our own version of Ulta, but I'm not holding my breath. :p

27. Stefanie

That store looks like it's a lot nicer and more upscale than Ulta. Just from looking at the website and picture of the store.

And they sell Danish GOSH cosmetics!!! I bought some GOSH eyeshadow and lipgloss when I was in a random drugstore in Iceland. I haven't seen that brand since then.

28. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

Gosh is at some Shoppers' Drug Marts. :) Is it excellent? It always looks very hip.

29. Stefanie

I could do without the lip gloss, but the eyeshadow is great! Definitely give it a try as I don't think it was all that expensive (of course, I paid in Icelandic kronur before their currency totally dropped and everything was tres expensive in Iceland). The colors are very hip. The eyeshadow I have is silvery and works well on the lid. :)

30. vesperholly

GOSH Darling lipstick (nude) has a huge following of YouTubers and makeup bloggers. I'm pretty sure it's all lollipop26's fault. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.