Getting rid of old skates

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by Lanie, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I have 3 old pairs of skates. They're customs so I doubt anyone would want them. How do I go about getting rid of them? Just toss 'em in the garbage? (I am of course keeping my newest pair! ;) )

2. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

I guess so…

I've got a coupe of my old pairs still. Sometimes if i go with a friend (to public skate) with a similarly sized footed friend they wear them… better than the rental skates! (although the toe picks often get 'em)

3. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Depending on how big they are, see if any of the kids starting out at your rink could use. Mine are 4.5's, so I was able to find takers for my last pair about 3 years ago.

4. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't toss them- that seems like a waste. Even if they are customs, someone else might be able to wear them.

-Do you have a play it again sports? They might buy them from you (for pennies- don't expect much).

-All the clubs I've skated with have had a bin of used skates for sale. Price them low, and you'll get rid of them. Or price them high and they'll sit in the bin forever, but at least they aren't in your house anymore :)

-Or put them on freecycle (people take anything if it is free) or try listing them on craigslist (they'd have to be priced very low- people won't know what skates are worth there.)

5. Integrity

Integrity Active Member

A few of the organizations I've been involved with have "skate sales" throughout the season. The organization sells skates and related items on consignment. If the items do not sell there is usually a "donate" option.

6. fan

fan Well-Known Member

7. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

The rink said they didn't want them. I've asked multiple times, sigh. Play it Again Sports wouldn't take them either! So frustrating.

Skate to Great would be wonderful but I don't want to know how much shipping these to Canada would cost...

8. avivadawn

avivadawn Well-Known Member

Depending on the size, Lanie I think that I know someone who would appreciate them.
    PM me. :)