Geraldine Ferraro, 75, First Woman VP Candidate.

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Rex, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

2. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

She was a major pioneer- I watched her when she was on Crossfire

3. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

That is certainly is a terrible loss. She was a highly intelligent and bright woman who was very admired.

4. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I went to one of the Mondale/Ferraro rallies during the 1984 campaign. Very exciting listening to both candidates speak. I also enjoyed her tv commentary over the years.

RIP

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2011
  5. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

R.I.P.

6. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

You always "fought the good fight".
    RIP, Ms. Ferraro.

7. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

RIP special lady. A lot of class and brains there.

8. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

I never liked her much but she did break through some barriers. Sorry she died young.

9. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

RIP :(

10. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Is 75 considered young? I don't about that considering the life expectancy in the US is around 81 years old for females.

11. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

I think 75 could be considered "young", based on the lifestyle of the person. I take care of 40 year olds who are on death's door due to their lifestyle choices, poor genetics, whatever; and I see a lot of people in their 70s and even 80s (including my step-dad, who'll be 75 this year) who are incredibly active and healthy due to THEIR lifestyle choices, good genetics and whatnot. So yes, in terms of my dad, I think 75 is still young....in terms of a hell of a lot of patients I take care of, it's not.

12. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

RIP, Ms. Ferraro. You were a great civil servant, and -- by so many accounts (including your former adversaries) -- a great person.

ITA w/Kasey, re: life expectancy. That 81 years (and less for men) is dragged down as it includes the millions of persons of one's age who died as youngsters/young adults/adults .. from childhood diseases, accidents, and later lifestyle diseases, etc. I'm sure that a life expectancy graph for a healthy person at age 50 would be some years higher.

13. sbmeagain

sbmeagain Active Member

I'll be 62 in May, and believe me 75 is young! No way do I feel my years, let alone act like my Grandma did at my age. I am also lucky enough not to look it, and my Mother will be 90 in October.