Genrich Sretenski Arrested!

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Visaliakid, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

2. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

In some states there are different ages based on the adult's relationship to a child. For example, if the adult is just a neighbor of the child, the age of consent is 16. If the adult has some type of authority over the child--such as a coach, teacher or minister--the age of consent may be 18.

I think the best rule of thumb is, if you have to check your state's laws to find out if the shag is legal, she's too young for you.

3. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

?? The Mero's, Bob Young, an official recently got a ban (drawing a blank on the name), and there was a free skating coach who I believe was banned back in early 2000's (not 100% sure so I don't want to post their name). There is precedent.

If the text messages allude to some sort of "affair" as some have posted, that is enough to warrant some kind of action from PSA.

4. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

Is there really any indication that they'd be different?

5. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

I think it's logistics/geography. He allegedly fondled her in ny. He allegedly stalked her in md resulting in her ending her career.

From what's been published, I gather that she quit back in aug '11, so the club might have know at least the accusations.

6. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Earlier, some of the posters from the Gardens Arena area had hinted at that. I guess that we will soon find out, as details of the alleged NY incident will be revealed after the arraignment.

7. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

Right, next post that's deemed unsuitable will result in this thread being closed and possible permanent banning of the user/s involved. Please be mindful of this.

maggylyn and (deleted member) like this.
  8. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

In Maryland:

So it is illegal regardless.

9. flipforsynchro

flipforsynchro New Member

I never said it was right. I was just pointing out that there ARE 16 year old girls who want to get with much older men. I seriously doubt that is the case here, and it doesn't seem to happen much, but it does happen.

10. sarakimm

sarakimm New Member

:lol:

11. sarakimm

sarakimm New Member

I CANNOT believe some of these posts. Is 16 the age of consent or 17???? He is 50! He is her teacher! It is all too young, it is WRONG. Legal or illegal, it is MORALLY wrong for a teacher to fondle his teenage student. Again, if this were your daughter, would it matter if she was 16 or 17???

12. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Is "full-time, permanent employee" the only definition of "position of authority?" From what's been written so far, Sretenski was neither a full-time employee at the rink nor a full-time employee of the skater/her family. He would have been a independent contractor. Do contractors like coaches, Girl Scout leaders, adjunct professors, etc. fall into the correct legal category?

13. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

I think you'll find that sporting coaches definitely come under the "position of authority" rule. I know they do here.

14. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I've never heard of a coach not falling into 'position of authority', so I would be shocked if he did not qualify for that rule, as weirdly worded as it is.

15. snowballs

snowballs New Member

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  16. demetriosj

demetriosj Well-Known Member

Exactly, how can anyone even begin to try to defend this behavior in any way?

so it's ok if he technically was an independent contractor????!!!!! Unreal.

17. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

I'm confused about how discussion of the specifics of the law is being construed as "defense". Prosecutors pour over the law to determine how exactly to charge an alleged criminal and make it stick. Are all prosecution lawyers defending criminals then?

18. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

Which is part of why there are some of the laws that there are and why the onus always falls on the grown up to BE the grown up.

19. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

I guess someone is going to get banned, and this thread will be closed shortly.

C'est la vie.

20. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

I guess you've been in the PSYKIK hospital :)

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.