Gene Simmons Proposes to Shannon Tweed

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by overedge, Jul 27, 2011.

1. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

2. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

I must admit, I've been watching this season with all the drama... I got swept into the show to see what happens. It's hard to know what is real and what is made for TV - with my guess that a large part of it is made for TV. My heart breaks for the kids - particularly Sophie - who has honestly looked quite depressed during the most recent episodes. I have no doubt that she will say "yes" though - and next season will be all about the planning of a wedding...

3. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

He is just gross! I have no idea why she would stay with him.

4. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

LOL. How old are they now? 70?

5. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

He is 60 or 61. She is in her 50's. When she first got together with him 28 years ago, he was kinda hot, and very rich and famous. But I would never stay with someone that long and have 2 kids with him if he rufused to get married. To each his own I guess.

6. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

My mis-read is more interesting - I thought it was Richard Simmons, roflol!

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  7. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I was in the supermarket last week and behind me at the check-out was a mother and her teenage daughter. The daughter saw Bradgelina on the cover of one of the rags and said something like "They have all these children and they're not married. Disgusting." The mom replied in her motherly voice, "Well, some people have different values than we do."

8. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

What a bunch of garbage, considering the cold shoulder they were giving one another on the Today Show recently, due to his flirtations with other women. I hope she says no too.

9. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

i think that he did something and she was gonna leave him so he proposed to get her to stay- i heard that she moved out after all this ( not sure if that is ont he show or not) she seems very long suffering in the realtionship to me

10. screech

screech Well-Known Member

She did move out for a bit. She hated that he still thought that he could show his love through money, and that only money could prove he cared about his family. And she also hated that he always insisted on having young, gorgeous women around him, because of his image. At least that's what I saw on the one recent episode I watched when they were in therapy.

I hope she says no too. Not because I want them to break up, but because really, what will it change? And would she really want to marry someone who doesn't really want to marry her?

11. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

Married or not, their relationship has lasted very long by Hollywood standards. On the surface, you would have thought that a rocker who flaunts his conquests and a softcore/ b movie actress wouldn't last a year, but they lasted more than 25 years.

12. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

and for all the celebrity kids out there, theirs are pretty :respec:

13. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I agree. Nick is the best thing about the show.

One thing I do like about the show is how they don't edit it to always paint Gene in a favourable light. He usually comes off as quite a bit of a dorky loser, and they aren't afraid to show all their issues (whether for ratings or real), like all the stuff about money, women, etc.

14. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

Thanks to the horrors of video, we know he did something, and it was unimpressive.

15. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I don't think I would want to get married after 25 years. It has worked (for the most part) for this long so why change it? She is clearly not after his money.

16. aliceanne

Rockstar wives/significant others usually hang on until their rockstar gets someone else pregnant. The women usually have affairs with other rockstars as well (think Jerry Hall, the Boyd sisters, Rod Stewart's women etc.). I don't know if the women would stay with them if they were steady and faithful. Isn't their universal sex appeal the main attraction?

I have to laugh at some of these rockers from the sixties and seventies still trying to keep it up though. It must be awfully hard what with wigs, make-up, girdles etc. It seems at some point it would be easier to admit that you are old and not that horny anymore.

17. overedge

I feel the need to speak up here and defend my :swoon: Bryan Ferry. Jerry Hall, foolish woman that she is, snuck around on him and then dumped him for Mick Jagger. It was not a case of him having an affair with someone else or knocking them up, and her cheating on him as revenge.

18. Nan

Nan Just me

I have very mixed feelings about this show, Gene and Shannon, but I do admire him for allowing the cameras into the sessions with his psychiatrist and allowing some of the things she tells him (which would be hard for anyone to hear) to be aired.

This show does NOT always paint him in the best light and he listens to the criticism and eventually owns up to his mistakes. It may all be for show, but I don't think so.

19. aliceanne

Jerry admitted on David Letterman that she cheated on Mick for revenge. She also left him after 20 years and 4 children when he got that Brazilian model pregnant.

I suspect she left Bryan because Mick was higher profile - in part due to his bad boy image.

20. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I think it is 28 years with Gene and Shannon. Doesn't really matter though.
    25 or 28 is still a hell of a long time.
    I don't think she will say no. This is what she has wanted for a long time.

21. overedge

Yes, I know that. I was pointing out that she did not cheat on Bryan Ferry for revenge.

22. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Heck, pay me enough $$$, and I'll air my dirty laundry + the kitchen sink on TV too :p.

23. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

The core fan base of Kiss is also balding, aging men who don't want to admit that they are old and not that horny anymore. And aging women who think they're Paul Stanley's type, and, as they begin to resemble men themselves, could be right.

24. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

:watch::watch:

I don't watch this show, but this thread has brought Brett Michaels to mind, who IIRC also proposed recently to a long-time girlfriend?

IMO Micheals is very hot and very charming. I can see how a woman would put up with his indiscretions just to be with him, although I am not that type of woman. I'd rather be alone and poor.

:)

25. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

The only Gene Simmons reality show I saw was the episode where they went to Israel? or maybe it was Brooklyn, and reunited with relatives they hadn't seen in ages, his single mom's long time employer, neighbor, etc.

It was actually pretty great tv, quite moving.

26. Nan

Nan Just me

I thought it was, too, along with the episode when the boy took Gene and Shannon to the Anne Frank house.