Gay marriage legalised in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Aussie Willy, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

2. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Always thought Kiwis were a bit of alright. :respec:

3. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I think the Kiwis are even more alright after this. After the act was passed everyone in the building broke into song. Just amazing and beautiful. I don't think would happen anywhere else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilMBLV3A6ug

ETA - also found this article and clip of a speech by Maurice Williamson, one of the NZ politicians speaking in support of the bill. Hilarious. His explanation about burning in hell is fantastic.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/...inspiring-hilarious-speech-gay-marriage170413

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  4. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

5. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

That one's making the rounds among my Facebook friends. Brought a tear to my eye.

Big thumbs up to New Zealand. (Although to be honest I thought they'd legalized gay marriage a while ago ...)

6. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I blame all the Hobbits they've got over there doing LORD knows what!!! :p

7. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Yeah, the biggest surprise to me is that it wasn't already legal, as the Kiwis tend to be quite tolerant.

8. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

Is that really true? New Zealand is climatically rather close to the region I'm living in at the moment, and in the light of the gay propaganda law accepted yesterday here I think I'd rather start considering moving abroad. I am not mentally ill as authorities try to persuade me and other people.

Anyone knows anything about immigration laws in New Zealand?

9. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

10. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

About Immigration New Zealand

Immigration New Zealand (INZ) is part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
    Immigration New Zealand is responsible for bringing the best people to New Zealand to enhance New Zealand’s social and economic outcomes. We directly support labour market growth by attracting the best people to New Zealand and supporting them into the workforce so they become long-term contributors. We also contribute to key export industries like tourism and education.

The role of Immigration New Zealand includes:

deciding visa applications
    attracting migrant skills and labour
    matching migrant skills with employer needs
    managing border security with regard to the movement of people
    supporting migrant settlement and retention
    implementing the Government’s refugee quota programme
    enforcing compliance with immigration law and policy.

We also have 20 offices overseas:

two in Europe – London and Moscow
    10 in Asia – Bangkok, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh City, New Delhi, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta and Manila
    one in the Middle East – Dubai
    one in Africa – Pretoria
    three in the Pacific – Apia, Nuku’alofa and Suva
    two in the United States – Los Angeles and Washington DC
    one in Australia – Sydney.

Visa Acceptance Centres (VACs) operate on our behalf in some regions.

EDIT:

http://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/no...new_ zealand&gclid=CJGd8L-q37cCFQdk7Aods1UApg

MOVE TO NEW ZEALAND
    Get a career and a life; New Zealand has a world-class recipe for better living.

Make your dream a reality

We realise moving to a new country is a big decision that takes time, especially if you've got a family to consider. Don't be daunted; with a bit of careful planning and research you'll soon realise whether a move to New Zealand is right for you. Register below and we can help you through this process, including guidance on visas, finding a job and what to expect once you arrive.

If you’re prepared to give it a go, migrating to live and work in New Zealand might just the life-changing opportunity you’ve been looking for.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  11. FarFarAway

OMG that is a real lot of information. Thanks, I think I am saving it for reading and analysis, it looks quite welcome but at the same time very strict, which is understandable.

12. dardar1126

Yeah, I think both New Zealand and Australia have pretty strict rules regarding immigration.

13. FarFarAway

I am quite ok with that, the way they treat people is what matters most. I will not be surprised if gay relations will some day be regarded here as criminal resulting in people put into prison. And I am just sick to death of some morons trying to persuade me I am mentally ill and have to go to the institution. Some family matters will hold me still for some time here but after that I think I am done with it despite all my love for my country.

14. dardar1126

I understand completely; good luck to you! :40beers: