Game of Thrones: Season 3

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AshleyN, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Smiley0884

Smiley0884 New Member

Meh, as much as I agree that Catelyn was reckless, so was Robb. He's coming off as a hypocritical brat (And I love me some Robb). He didn't heed his mother's warnings about Theon or Walder Frey, which the former has already caused devastating consequences on Winterfell.

Stannis had Davos locked up in a cell, not killed....thank the Gods!

2. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

3. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

I want a dragon. Boo. They look amazing. I still hate fish though. Brrrrrrr. :)

4. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

ITA. I LOVED Natalie on The Tudors; she seriously made the series for me (with few others, but that's not important here lol). I basically lost interest after Natalie/Anne died. I was skeptical when I heard Natalie was cast as Margaery, but she shines in this role. And it's such an awesome role at that, especially as its been expanded.

Whoever it was upthread that said Tyrion/Margaery to rule Westeros in the end, I'll second that.

Did anyone see the April Fool's joke on Facebook that said Peter Dinklage would be replaced by Warwick Davis next season? I almost spat my drink out at the computer! :lol:

5. CarolineL

CarolineL Member

She was a pretty cool ghost/walking corpse/whatever the hell they were in The Fades last year

6. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

The Queen of Thorns :cheer:

7. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to decide if I liked this episode. :shuffle: A bit disjointed for me - they hopped around a lot between scenes and then gave us a long, drawn out Cat/Jeyne (Talisa) discussion. Not happy about Cat not seeing her dad before he passed, but at least they're finally going to RiverRun! I want to meet the Tullys!

Welcome back Arya. Thoros of Myr is pretty fascinating. Hey, a Warg! Bran had a growth spurt and a voice change! It's like the old Harry Potter films - you could tell when they shot Dan Radcliff's scenes by his voice. :p

:rofl: @ Cersie telling Joff to give Margery the scrap of fabric for her wedding dress. Meow!

8. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I know!! I nearly spewed Apple Cider at that one. And then....The Queen of Thorns appeared and that was topped by the one about after the Cream is made it's too late to try and put it back in the cow...ROTFLOL!!

Also loved the zinger about how the Tyrells farts only smell like roses, was that one from Cersei too? Regardless...Meow indeed!!

9. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

The actor who plays him will always be Billy from Pulling to me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIj6nSI45l4
    Although, I suppose Thoros was supposed to have been wild in his younger days when he was hanging out with King Robert, so it could fit. It's going to take some getting used to!

10. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

Yeah, that might be a problem moving forward. If its 2 seasons per book as it appears it may be, we have about 9 years to go. Bran will be sporting facial hair before you know it.

11. Sofia Alexandra

Sofia Alexandra Well-Known Member

The guy who plays Jojen Reed, Thomas Sangster, is absolutely adorable! :swoon: (And yes, I do feel like a pervy old lady now! :lol:) I spent half the episode trying to remember where I'd seen him before, and then I realised - Doctor Who! He was in Human Nature and The Family of Blood in series 3, two of my favourite episodes, playing a somewhat psychic kid. :)

12. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

He'll always be the kid from Love Actually to me.

13. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

On that front, I thought this picture of the younger Starks is quite amusing. How much time has supposedly passed in the show's time, yet Sansa and Arya have gone from girls to older teens. Bran has also changed a lot. We didn't really see much of Rickon this season so far, but looking at recent photos of Art Parkinson, he may have grown the most.

14. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

15. AragornElessar

Natalie is going to be on not just one of, but *two* of my current favourite shows?

:D :D :D :D :D

Wonderful news!!!! Thanks for the lovely news imarie. :)

16. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

Irene Adler is a pretty big character in the Holmes mythos, so I expect it to at least be recurring.

Natalie also has a supporting role in the Chris Hemsworth racecar movie. I also read that she had originally auditioned for another role in GoT. I wonder if it was Melissandre.

17. mindy74

mindy74 Well-Known Member

Great second episode. I did have a problem with Cat's speech but I'm trying to disassociate the books from the TV show. Anyway, Talisa continues to annoy me. But, Sansa, QoT, and Margaery were awesome. I always loved Meera and Jojen from the books and they fit very well with how I pictured them in my head.

People are already shipping Bran/Jojen on Tumblr.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  18. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

19. mindy74

mindy74 Well-Known Member

20. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

GAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! My jaw dropped at the end of tonight's episode.

That was the best hour of television this week. And also the shortest hour ever. So much greatness tonight I don't know where to start.

Dany offers a dragon for 8000 + fighting eunuchs. Yep, that should go over well with the other two firebreathers. :p Jorah got in the great line about Raehgar, so glad it wasn't cut.

Book geek in me is annoyed still that Kat wasn't at Hoster's side when he passed, but loved that they did the '3 arrow' miss and then the Blackfish took over. :kickass: Love the new Tullys! Continuing the 'Rome' casting with Brutus as a sniveling Tully. I'm now waiting for Antony and Attia to pop up next year.

Bye Hot Pie, we'll miss you. Or not. You were one of too many characters in the show. Speaking of too many characters, we can get rid of Robb wife and Theon any time now...

Mormont -get out of the keep - Craster is evil. And your frozen crows are coming for you. :scream:

:lol: @ Pod losing his virginity. Too much time wasted on the circus whore scene though. But, it's HBO.

And finally to Jaime - Loved Jaime's lie about the 'sapphire' islands to keep Brienne safe. I'd say, let's give him a hand for it... (groan)
    :eek: at the end. So glad they 'went there' with the hand. After Tyrion got to keep his nose, I was expecting a thumb or something.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  21. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

James Purefoy needs to be in this but his serial killer show got renewed. Funny enough, the guy who played Illyrio originally was Ian Mcneice, who was the Newsreader in Rome.

Love that actors from my fave historical dramas, rome and tudors, are being cast. Since spartacus just ended, hopefully there is a chance to cast Simon Merells, who was a terrific Crassus, in some role.

22. AragornElessar

I had that feeling too. :)

No kidding about the dragons. That one had me going, "What are you doing Dany?" So much for being The Mother of Dragons....Unless there's more going on and we all know there usually is, so...Interesting...

I really love them too and I especially loved how the Blackfish helped Robb try and get through to that stupid vain glorious idiotic new Lord of Riverrun just how bad his precious Mill really is in the grand scheme of things. You could tell Robb just wanted to reach out and shake his Uncle till his teeth rattled.

It was a nice Farewell to Hot Pie though. At least he didn't die in order to leave.

No kidding.

OMG...That had me laughing so hard. Especially when Bronn and Tyrion realized just *why* Pod's "gifts" had refused payment. The look on poor Pod's face when they had him cornered in that chair demanding "Copious details"....ROTFLOL!!!

Couldn't help yourself, huh? ;) :D I also loved that.

I haven't gotten to Book Three yet in the Saga, but I did know about that part of the story, not about the entire outcome, but I did know Jaime would lose his hand at one point. That's not going to go down well w/Daddy, will it?

Bad enough he's got Tyrion, now his golden baby boy is deformed too.

Nope....Tywin won't be happy at *all*!!!

ETA ~ Forgot one last thing....Now, this has never happened to me, but....BUT....Even I know that when you're on a horse and you've got your captors coming after you and firing arrows at you, you keep your head *down*!! Then....When you're trying to get away from them and you're going through a heavily forested area *and* they're still firing arrows at you, you keep your head *down*!!

I was actually not feeling all that terribly sorry for Theon when he literally got his bell rung thanks to that branch. Did he learn *nothing* from the Starks over the years?

Yeah...I do know the answer to that one. ;) :D

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  23. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

I almost fainted when Daenerys gave away one of her baby dragons :( And yes, I think that Jamie Lannister finally got what he deserved. Let him remember the young boy he pushed off the tower. I bet his father is rich enough to make him not worry about the missing limb.

24. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

I have to say that episode 3x3 was an emotional roller coaster.
    Jaime helping Brienne almost made me feel sympathetic towards him and then... bam! In a fraction of seconds I just thought "Well done. That one is for Bran" but then that music during the credits completely changed the mood... now that was unexpected :lol:

25. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

26. Sofia Alexandra

Sofia Alexandra Well-Known Member

I loved the bit with the seating arrangement in the Small Council. Not a word was uttered, and yet it said so much. And I thought Jaime Lannister's reaction to having his hand cut off was very believable; it was a very quick, clean cut, so it was fitting that he reacted with more disbelief than pain.

Also, having read the books, I'm so looking forward to Dany's deeds in Astaphor. :watch:

27. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

Dracarys...

28. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Love me some Dany.

29. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I think she's going to need a bigger boat. :lol:

Loved Jaime and Brienne's scenes - they might not like each other much, but there's respect growing. If anyone had told me after the first episode that I'd be rooting for Jaime Lannister, you would have be laughed at.

Tywin to Cersie "You're still here?" :rofl: Charles Dance's eyebrow deserves an award.

:fragile: Goodbye Mormont. I will miss the old bear.

Book purist in me is annoyed that Theon told someone that he didn't burn Bran and Rickon.

Arya will have her pound of flesh from the Dog for Micah. Gotta love her,A true Stark, she remembers. That scene was very well done.

Varys meets the Queen of Thorns - delicious scenery chewing there. Poor Sansa. First husband choice kills her father, #2 is gay. Maybe she should stay single? :p

30. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Fantastic episode! That was the first time I really thought Daenerys actually was capable of leading an army and doing it well, rather than just doing it 'cause. Loved the new scary tunes, too.

When can we get Tywin vs. Joffrey? He's knocked two Lannisters down to size already.