Game of Thrones: Season 3

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AshleyN, Feb 23, 2013.

1. AshleyN

AshleyN Well-Known Member

First trailor is out. I just watched it three times in a row.

Trailor

Anyone know who the voice-overs are coming from?

Smiley0884 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

I'll need to avoid this thread since we just got our season 2 DVD. :lol:

3. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I can hardly wait. Just finished watching both seasons and eagerly await the next. I'm done all the books, but the series is somewhat different so it'll be exciting to see what happens!

4. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Haven't seen season 2 yet. :p

5. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

I'm loving the idea of Diana Rigg playing Natalie Dormer's grandmother. And, IMO, no series is ever complete without Ciaran Hinds.

6. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

I am so pumped for this! I noticed the trailer release on Facebook the other night and must have watched it a million times. March 31, come quickly.

Also, this is the song from the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoi0Z9zKE1M I don't know if it's the official music video or not, but that's just what I found, haha.

Smiley0884 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. AshleyN

From another board, most people seem to think it's Varys-Melisandre-Varys again. I can buy that.

On another note, any fellow book readers notice
    who was shown during the lines about how death is coming for everyone, and putting a sword in someone's hand?

Cheeeeeeeky.

8. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

We just got our Entertainment on TMN magazine and guess what the cover story is? :D

I'm still catching up on everything, which is why this is the first time I've been in any GoT thread here at FSU, but I do bring news.

For those of us who can get to Toronto for early March...

Game of Thrones : The Exhibition

is coming to the Design Exchange. Now, while there's not much on that site, the article did offer these teasers...

Never before seen items, such as the early mock ups and storyboards for the look of King's Landing, The Wall among others.

They're promising sneak peeks of stuff from Season Three, especially....

The Maquettes of Dany's Dragons

But most of all...Not only they bringing it along, but you, yes you if get the chance to go, will have the chance to sit on The Iron Throne.

I hate being in Northeastern Ontario so much right now...So envious of those who get to see this. It sounds like it's going to be awesome!!

eta : Because it always comes back to Star Wars in some way. :D

You Tube ~ Jaime Lannister vs. Eddard Stark Lightsaber Duel +John Williams Score

I love this posting by one of the reviewers over there...

:D

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  9. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

10. AragornElessar

11. AshleyN

Ooooh, I missed this post. My guesses:
    3.01 – “Valar Dohaeris” - pretty vague. Maybe something related to the Unsullied, but isn't it too soon for them? Could be more of a thematic thing rather than referencing any one event.
    3.02 – “Dark Wings, Dark Words” - I'm guessing the news the "deaths" of Bran and Rickon spreads?
    3.03 – “Walk of Punishment” - dunno. Sounds like something from the fifth book.
    3.04 – “And Now His Watch is Ended” - RIP LC
    3.05 – “Kissed by Fire” - JON SNOW SEXYTIMES?!?!?!
    3.06 – TBD
    3.07 – “The Bear and the Maiden Fair” - Okay, apparently this refers to the Brienne/Jaime, but I'm hoping the fact that they used this for the title means they're ALSO going to keep the Sansa/Queen of Thorns/Margaery scene. Two of my very favourite scenes in the book.
    3.08 – TBD
    3.09 – “The Rains of Castamere” - :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed
    3.10 – “Mhysa” - if this is what I'm thinking it is, I guess we know where Dany's story is going to end this season. Seems like a logical spot.

LOL, all I could think watching this was that they must have realized after putting out the first trailer that they forgot all the sex and had to rush to correct this grievous error.:lol:

12. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

Well, it seems like I am being late to the party again, but I just started watching Game of Thrones Season 1 a couple of hours ago and I just can't stop. Is this allright? :p

It's strange though. I have got all the books in the series and a couple of PC games, but I haven't started them yet. Now they are moved to the top of the list for sure :D

13. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I think #1 will cover Arya. Could #3 be Theon? #10 - maybe they've renamed another character (from Tyrion's past)? #7 & #9 - everytime Martin writes a song, I worry about my favorites. :shuffle: "Game of Thrones: the Musical" would be a bloodbath.

Rewatching Season 2 on Blu Ray. Still loving the (not in the book) Arya & Tywin scenes. Not happy with the changes to Cat's character. Book Cat was smarter. And the benefit of having it at home is fast forwarding through that mess with Robb and not Jeyne. Still ticked about the vow scene - HE'S FROM THE NORTH. :angryfire However, I now repeat 'King in the North' whenever it's said. Would have made a great drinking game last season. :40beers:

14. FarFarAway

Just discovered that Season 3 will be broadcast in Russia by Fox channel starting April, 13, which I luckily happen to have from my cable TV provider. All excited and by the way I find the soundtrack excellent. Can't wait for April to come. Mr FarFarAway thinks the series is rather dark though, he still misses Merlin which we finished watching this week:lol: He also thinks I am extremely addictive to fantasy series:D He didn't discover anything new in saying this, tho.

And I loved the song in the trailer for S3, hopefully it will be on the soundtrack.

15. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

16. AragornElessar

If it makes you feel better, you aren't the only one. :) I started reading GoT the week before the London Summer Olympics started and that was a big time mistake on my part, as I was so hooked I couldn't put the thing down. Someone asked my Mom if she knew if I thought it was any good and her reply was along the lines of, if I can't put it down during the Olympics, then it's *really* good. :D

I'm actually halfway through the Season Two DVD's, so I should be all caught up in time for the last Sunday of this month. :D

So do I and I really hope someone or some Pairs team out there decides to use the Opening Music for one of their programs next season, as I think it would make a fantastic Olympic season program for the right skater/skaters.

I think that about LOTR as well, but that hasn't happened since Todd Eldridge's FOTR program in SLC and considering the Extended Editions Soundtracks are now all out...

Anyway, let me just say that if any of my favourites were to skate to either Soundtrack, I'd be happy. Now if both were picked by favourites of mine for next year, I'd be beyond happy.

On that note...Not sure how many have seen this, so...

YouTube ~ Game of Thrones Season 3 ~ An Invitation To The Set

17. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

18. Smiley0884

Smiley0884 New Member

Thanks AragornElessar and Yehudi for posting those links! Only 2 more weeks :cheer2:

I can't get over how quickly the kids seem to be growing up! Sansa and Bran in particular look so much older this season.

19. sweetsparky

sweetsparky Well-Known Member

Just two weeks :)

I guess you have seen the new trailer: Beast

I agree that Daenerys looks really strong in all those. I think this season will be a great step for the character after a little weak last season, compared with the first one.

(My fav resume of Dany´s 2nd season plot)

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Smiley0884

Smiley0884 New Member

:rofl: That youtube video sums up Dany's season 2 plot perfectly! If there was one gripe I had about GoT, it's how they translated Dany's story line from the books. It wasn't completely horrible, but it could have been a lot better.

21. AragornElessar

22. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

sweetsparky and (deleted member) like this.
  23. AragornElessar

Now that made me laugh because if you're a prissy peep, then you're not going to be watching GoT. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for that dbell!! :)

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  24. FarFarAway

Me too, me too!!! :D I just can't stop watching the series, I am finishing with the second season today, going to watch episodes 9 and 10 and I am all excited. This will give me plenty of time to rethink what I have seen so far before Fox Russia starts showing Season 3 on April 13.

I really think this series produced much deeper effect on me than any other so far. When I am not watching it, I am thinking about different episodes what happened and why. I'll be calmer with the time of course, but so far this series is #1 for me and I bet it will stay for a decade or so :D

I thought LOTR impressed me as never before, but I was definitely bound for greater discoveries :)

That would be fantastic indeed! But for the time being I enjoy the opening theme on my new phone :D I sometimes wish people would call me more often, tho normally I wish the contrary :D

25. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

26. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

27. AragornElessar

28. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

29. Sofia Alexandra

Sofia Alexandra Well-Known Member

Does HBO have one of those online channels where you can watch the episodes as or after they've aired? 'Cos I've got an anti-geoblock and I ain't afraid to use it. :p

30. FarFarAway

HBO Go, I think