Fun sequences of small jumps and turns

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by Bunny_Hop, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Bunny_Hop

Bunny_Hop New Member

I'm just getting into three turns and some shaky waltz jumps, and now I can turn I've discovered the fun of doing little sequences of elements. My favourite is (CCW jumpers):

Bunny hop/s (left leg) - lunge - LFO 3 - step onto RBO - step forward onto LFO - waltz jump

I saw someone doing a lunge-LFO 3 turn combo and thought it would be hard, but the lunge seems to put my hip in a good position for turning and it is actually quite easy (not to mention lunging reduces some of the scary speed generated by the bunny hops :shuffle:).

Also, I sometimes do backward swizzles alternating with backward two foot hops (be careful to land on toepicks!).

Has anyone else discovered fun combos of elements?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  2. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

You generate speed in bunny hops? Mine barely go anywhere...I hate those.

My favorite sequence is waltz jump, side toe tap, waltz jump, ballet jump

3. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

Bunny hop, when you are doing the LFO 3 turn, are you staying down and going into a back lunge? That is a pretty combination and it shows strength getting up from the back lunge. I think turning while in a forward lunge is much easier to get into the back lunge; rather than from standing up position. I admire synchro teams that can do that!

4. Bunny_Hop

Bunny_Hop New Member

I can't turn while in the lunge (unfortunately, as it is very pretty as you say). You know how when you do a three-turn, you rotate your body first and go "down" (in the knee)? Basically instead of going down-up-down, because I'm already "down" from the lunge, I just prerotate my arms etc while rising from the lunge and then turn at the apex.