Fumie Suguri failed to qualify for Japanese Nationals again

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by tkaug, Nov 7, 2012.

1. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Is phoenix not paying for everything? Are her parents involved anymore? She has a job and it is to skate and it is paid by Phoenix and she qualified for the next step.

2. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Does she have a sponsor (company and/or lover) to maintain her hobby? If so, she wouldn't be the first or last person to benefit from the deep pockets of an admirer. If it makes her happy, so be it.

3. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

I know her sister Chika advised her about retiring from the competitions but I've never read any articles saying that her parents "told" her to quit. Is it really?

4. tkaug

tkaug Member

5. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this is a super tough year for Gay Icon too. She'd have about as much chance of beating Ashley Wagner for Gay Icon as she would beating Yu Na Kim in a competition.

6. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

7. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

But Fumie has the "still trying for an Olympic medal after finishing just off the podium twice after arguably skating better than higher finishers" thing going for her. Ashley really needs a 2nd Olympic berth to compete.

8. FunnyBut

Yes, but Ashley spoke out eloquently against the Olympic host's repressive regime on gay equality :drama: and looked really fierce and gorgeous while doing it. :glamor: Gay Icon has less to do with what you put out on the ice. :lol:

9. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I think for some reason, since the beginning of this thread, you have been taking Fumie Suguri's continuing to skate very personally. For whatever reason, you've been pouncing on her every chance you can get.

Do I personally believe Fumie is making the most out of her time? Probably not. But it's her life, and I think continuing to harp on what she's doing or complaining about it on this forum more than a hundred times won't do anything. Griping and criticizing once in a while is natural, but you act like you have something at stake here.

Also, let's say her parents are funding Fumie (though it looks like she has a sponsorship), rather than feel sorry for them, maybe we should have asked why is it they are continuing to fund her? It's not as if they're helpless victims in all of this. To say that they are is really looking down upon their abilities as parents (of an adult child) and as competent people who need to think about their own financial future.

10. rosewood

Thank you for the link but it's shame the photo is too small and low quality to read even though I change the size of it.

I've had somewhat difficulties to understand her. Maybe she is so unique that ordinal people(even native Japanese speakers or people who are in Japanese cultural stream) can't/don't understand why she wants to keep participating in the competitions. It's ok to comment on her but it's no use to repeat the same thing 100 times since FSU users can't/don't force her to quit. Let her live her life. ;)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  11. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

The thread that just keeps on giving.

12. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

Sounds like some serious criteria :COP:

13. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

I think it's far more likely that one of the regular posters in this thread is Zelda Fitzgerald. :shuffle:

Still, maybe Suguri could do a program to the Zelda or Midnight in Paris soundtrack. :)

14. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

When I first set eyes on that Ms. Lori Nichol...only ONE word came to mind: ENABLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the love of God, Ms. Nichol, let our princess have her adulthood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. Don't you honestly feel that factual information will truly drag down this thread??? :drama:

Be strong child, do hold on. For we are all with you!!! :D

FunnyBut and (deleted member) like this.
  15. falling_dance

falling_dance D. Murakami's Newest Fan

Perhaps Sinéad O'Connor should write Fumie a letter?

16. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

It's really interesting why tkaug is so emotionally invested in this.

I know! tkaug = Chika Suguri, jealous of Fumie's parents still funding her skating, whilst she had to skate one some crappy cruise ship for years. :drama:

17. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

:lol:

How about instead of Zelda Fitzgerald, Fumie's next LP could be themed "What Ever Happened to Baby Chika?" I can imagine it now:

Fumie: "You wouldn't be able to say these awful things to me if I weren't still competing."
    Chika: "But you *are*, Fumie! You *are* competing!"

18. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Fumie: "IN MY MIND CHIKA, IN MY MIND!" Turns and runs screaming out of the room.

19. KimGOAT

KimGOAT Active Member

This is a great thread since around November (or October as this might be last year she even makes it to Regionals) will be what happens every year for the next 12 years (atleast) to come. It can be resurrected annually and still be an accurate and no way misleading thread title. There is no way Fumie doesnt skate elite amateur until almost 50. The girl is delusional. She wants to chase her dreams of Olympic and World Golds, even if a clean long program from her couldnt beat a great short program by Yu Na Kim anymore.

20. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

If I had tons of disposable income, I would totally fund an ice production of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" starring Fumie and Chika Suguri.

21. FunnyBut

How about Fumie skating to the Brady Bunch Theme?

Fumie: When I win Nationals, they'll have a big party for my comeback , full of flowers and banners!
    Chika (aka tkaug): Fumie! Fumie! Fumie! Its always all about Fumie!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  22. KimGOAT

KimGOAT Active Member

That is a good one. I laughed good at this one!

Another good one for her would be "To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable fight....."

23. rosewood

Poor Chika. She gave a birth to her first baby when FSU users were kidding her and her sister. CHika is a pretty much understandable person. Moreover, she's been successful as a TV commentator, got married with a handsome guy, and now has an adorable baby. She was not as successful as her sister was as a competitive skater. However, she seems happy enough with her life. I never think she envies Fumie in this quad. So I say tkaug is NOT Chika. He/She is someone else. Let Fumie/Chika/tkaug live their lives. :huh: :p

Congrats to Chika!:)
    From her blog entry on October 8th: http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/20131008/17/chikasuguri/05/af/j/o0480064012709730695.jpg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
    FunnyBut and (deleted member) like this.
  24. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Congratulations to Chika and her husband! Thank you so much for posting the news, rosewood :)

25. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

Echoing congratulations to Chika! :cheer: (also an apology for earlier :shuffle:)

Since our FSU production of What Ever Happened to Baby Jane has been shut down, how about if Fumie goes for a Sunset Boulevard themed program instead with Fumie playing Norma Desmond?

Her ending pose could be this: http://youtu.be/zIcC8YJrevQ?t=13s

"All right Mr. Cinquanta, I'm ready for my Olympic gold medal..."

26. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

and if i had tons of disposable income, i would follow it from city to city wearing a blond wig with sausage curls carrying an enormous doll

can we get a kickstarter up in here?

27. FunnyBut

Thanks rosewood, for all the info on Chika, glad to hear she is doing so well! :glamor:

I hope our Fumie/Chika comments were not offensive, we were really using them to poke fun at the troll.

I found this video of Chika explaining jumps, with giant posters of Fumie, Miki and Divakawa in the background
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ5d14wLSZg&list=PL82BB7DA540FA78A9&index=1

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  28. tkaug

tkaug Member

29. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

30. PairSk8Fan

PairSk8Fan Banned Member

Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald (July 24, 1900 &#8211; March 10, 1948), born Zelda Sayre in Montgomery, Alabama, was an American novelist and the wife of writer F. Scott Fitzgerald. She was an icon of the 1920s&#8212;dubbed by her husband "the first American Flapper." After the success of his first novel, This Side of Paradise (1920), the Fitzgeralds became celebrities.

The couple wed in New York on April 3, 1920, and later moved to Europe. While Scott received acclaim for The Great Gatsby and his short stories, and the couple socialized with literary luminaries like Ernest Hemingway, their marriage was a tangle of jealousy, resentment and acrimony. Scott used their relationship as material in his novels, even lifting snippets from Zelda's diary and assigning them to his fictional heroines. Seeking an artistic identity of her own, Zelda wrote magazine articles and short stories, and at 27 became obsessed with a career as a ballerina, practicing to exhaustion.

The strain of her tempestuous marriage, Scott's increasing alcoholism, and her growing instability presaged Zelda's admittance in 1930 to the Sheppard Pratt sanatorium in Towson, Maryland, where she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

By August 1943 she returned to the Highland Hospital. She worked on her novel while checking in and out of the hospital. She never really got better and never finished the novel. On the night of March 10, 1948, a fire broke out in the hospital kitchen. Zelda was locked into a room, awaiting electroshock therapy. The fire moved through the dumbwaiter shaft, spreading onto every floor. The fire escapes were wooden, and caught fire as well. Nine women, including Zelda, died.[84]