Fumie Suguri failed to qualify for Japanese Nationals again

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by tkaug, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

The thread that just keeps on giving.
  2. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

Sounds like some serious criteria :COP:
  3. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

I think it's far more likely that one of the regular posters in this thread is Zelda Fitzgerald. :shuffle:

Still, maybe Suguri could do a program to the Zelda or Midnight in Paris soundtrack. :)
  4. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

When I first set eyes on that Ms. Lori Nichol...only ONE word came to mind: ENABLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the love of God, Ms. Nichol, let our princess have her adulthood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. Don't you honestly feel that factual information will truly drag down this thread??? :drama:

Be strong child, do hold on. For we are all with you!!! :D
    FunnyBut and (deleted member) like this.
  5. falling_dance

falling_dance The Scarlet Unlettered

Perhaps Sinéad O'Connor should write Fumie a letter?
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

It's really interesting why tkaug is so emotionally invested in this.

I know! tkaug = Chika Suguri, jealous of Fumie's parents still funding her skating, whilst she had to skate one some crappy cruise ship for years. :drama:
  7. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

:lol:

How about instead of Zelda Fitzgerald, Fumie's next LP could be themed "What Ever Happened to Baby Chika?" I can imagine it now:

Fumie: "You wouldn't be able to say these awful things to me if I weren't still competing."
    Chika: "But you *are*, Fumie! You *are* competing!"
  8. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Fumie: "IN MY MIND CHIKA, IN MY MIND!" Turns and runs screaming out of the room.
  9. KimGOAT

KimGOAT Active Member

This is a great thread since around November (or October as this might be last year she even makes it to Regionals) will be what happens every year for the next 12 years (atleast) to come. It can be resurrected annually and still be an accurate and no way misleading thread title. There is no way Fumie doesnt skate elite amateur until almost 50. The girl is delusional. She wants to chase her dreams of Olympic and World Golds, even if a clean long program from her couldnt beat a great short program by Yu Na Kim anymore.
  10. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

If I had tons of disposable income, I would totally fund an ice production of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" starring Fumie and Chika Suguri.
  11. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

How about Fumie skating to the Brady Bunch Theme?

Fumie: When I win Nationals, they'll have a big party for my comeback , full of flowers and banners!
    Chika (aka tkaug): Fumie! Fumie! Fumie! Its always all about Fumie!
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  12. KimGOAT

KimGOAT Active Member

That is a good one. I laughed good at this one!

Another good one for her would be "To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable fight....."
  13. rosewood

rosewood plants lover

Poor Chika. She gave a birth to her first baby when FSU users were kidding her and her sister. CHika is a pretty much understandable person. Moreover, she's been successful as a TV commentator, got married with a handsome guy, and now has an adorable baby. She was not as successful as her sister was as a competitive skater. However, she seems happy enough with her life. I never think she envies Fumie in this quad. So I say tkaug is NOT Chika. He/She is someone else. Let Fumie/Chika/tkaug live their lives. :huh: :p

Congrats to Chika!:)
    From her blog entry on October 8th: http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/20131008/17/chikasuguri/05/af/j/o0480064012709730695.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
    FunnyBut and (deleted member) like this.
  14. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Congratulations to Chika and her husband! Thank you so much for posting the news, rosewood :)
  15. CantALoop

Echoing congratulations to Chika! :cheer: (also an apology for earlier :shuffle:)

Since our FSU production of What Ever Happened to Baby Jane has been shut down, how about if Fumie goes for a Sunset Boulevard themed program instead with Fumie playing Norma Desmond?

Her ending pose could be this: http://youtu.be/zIcC8YJrevQ?t=13s

"All right Mr. Cinquanta, I'm ready for my Olympic gold medal..."
  16. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

and if i had tons of disposable income, i would follow it from city to city wearing a blond wig with sausage curls carrying an enormous doll

can we get a kickstarter up in here?
  17. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

Thanks rosewood, for all the info on Chika, glad to hear she is doing so well! :glamor:

I hope our Fumie/Chika comments were not offensive, we were really using them to poke fun at the troll.

I found this video of Chika explaining jumps, with giant posters of Fumie, Miki and Divakawa in the background
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ5d14wLSZg&list=PL82BB7DA540FA78A9&index=1
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  18. tkaug

tkaug New Member

19. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

20. PairSk8Fan

PairSk8Fan Banned Member

Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald (July 24, 1900 – March 10, 1948), born Zelda Sayre in Montgomery, Alabama, was an American novelist and the wife of writer F. Scott Fitzgerald. She was an icon of the 1920s—dubbed by her husband "the first American Flapper." After the success of his first novel, This Side of Paradise (1920), the Fitzgeralds became celebrities.

The couple wed in New York on April 3, 1920, and later moved to Europe. While Scott received acclaim for The Great Gatsby and his short stories, and the couple socialized with literary luminaries like Ernest Hemingway, their marriage was a tangle of jealousy, resentment and acrimony. Scott used their relationship as material in his novels, even lifting snippets from Zelda's diary and assigning them to his fictional heroines. Seeking an artistic identity of her own, Zelda wrote magazine articles and short stories, and at 27 became obsessed with a career as a ballerina, practicing to exhaustion.

The strain of her tempestuous marriage, Scott's increasing alcoholism, and her growing instability presaged Zelda's admittance in 1930 to the Sheppard Pratt sanatorium in Towson, Maryland, where she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

By August 1943 she returned to the Highland Hospital. She worked on her novel while checking in and out of the hospital. She never really got better and never finished the novel. On the night of March 10, 1948, a fire broke out in the hospital kitchen. Zelda was locked into a room, awaiting electroshock therapy. The fire moved through the dumbwaiter shaft, spreading onto every floor. The fire escapes were wooden, and caught fire as well. Nine women, including Zelda, died.[84]
  21. Susan M

Susan M Well-Known Member

I keep checking this thread looking for actual information (not that I don't enjoy the other stuff too). The most recent status I can find is in this post re her 6th place finished at Tokyo block event:

So, I take it this result qualifies her to move on to Sectionals. When is that held?

(I find I am secretly hoping she has a miracle skate there and *does* qualify for her Nationals, so this thread can be closed.)
  22. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

That is my current understanding too. Although, I must admit it looks to be a huge stretch for her to go past Sectionals without some realiable triples now that she doesn't have the skills, the spins or the programs anymore.
  23. tkaug

tkaug New Member

Yes, she has qualified for the East Japan Sectionals which will be held from November 2 to 4(Sr Ladies Short on 3rd and Free on 4th).
    Haruka Imai was going to do this competition but she was exempted because she was assigned to a GPS in China.
    Top 5 ladies(used to be 6 before Imai was exempted) in the East Japan Sectionals will qualify for Nationals.

By the way, this article is about Suguri going to host clubs.
  24. CantALoop

Oh dear, poor, poor Fumie - instead of retiring and finding a husband she's blowing all her salary on buying overpriced drinks from young men with overdone hair. :drama:

Seriously, it's not unusual for Japanese women to go to host bars these days, is it? It's not like Fumie got caught being a john for a gigolo :lol:
  25. tkaug

tkaug New Member

She celebrates her friend's birthday on her blog saying,

My best friend is Birthday today
  26. shah

shah Well-Known Member

Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy competition :p.
  27. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

You really are obsessed.
  28. sk8boyforlife

sk8boyforlife New Member

I predict that Fumie Suguri will finish in the top 5 at Sectionals and qualify for nationals.
  29. Kelvster

Kelvster Well-Known Member

Go fumie!!! (Otherwise we need a third thread with the title "suguri fails to qualify for nationals for the 3rd time")
  30. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

I predict Fumie won't qualify for nationals.
  31. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Any attempts to bury this thread will be dealt with swiftly and drastically.

:soapbox:
  32. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

This is the moment tkaug has waited for all year!!!

Fumie Suguri placed 9th in Easter Senior Ladies SP. 3flip</2toe, 3toe<, 2axel

Top 5 qualify so she's probably done.

HOWEVER! Suguri has beaten Ando who was 13th!!! Therefore Suguri > Ando. :D

If Ando doesn't manage to make up for lost ground in the FS and turn things around, I expect you to start a 'Miki Ando failed to qualify for Japanese Nationals WHILE LOSING TO FUMIE SUGURI' thread, tkaug.
  33. darya_russian

darya_russian Active Member

:eek:
    Looking at Suguri's content and seeing Ando 4 places below - what did Ando land then?!
  34. mikeko

mikeko New Member

Top 5 will be qualified for Natinals. The 5th skater, Risa Shoji scored 47.55 while Suguri's score is 46.41. So there is still a chance for Suguri, I guess. On the other hand, Ando's score is only 41.97, and it was obvious at Nebelhorn and Kanto regional that she lacked stamina to skate FS.
  35. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

36. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Yes--where are you, tkaug? You should be having a celebration!
  37. Blondie12

Blondie12 New Member

So I take it that Miki is not looking good for an Olympic spot? On the NBC today they made it seem like she is a contender...
  38. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

NBC have not been in touch with reality for a good 20 years now. Their perspective on reality is as fake as a bad reality TV show. They were using Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin to promote the 2012 Olympic gymnastics competition only a couple months before. They are also potraying Lysacek like he is the favorite for the mens gold in 2014. Prepare for commericals soon whether defending Champion Yu Na Kim, and the triple axel girl Mao Asada, can challenge the queen of the ice- Gracie Gold, who glitters with gold.
  39. Seerek

Seerek Well-Known Member

The problem is NBC doesn't hire seasoned figure skating reporters for their web reporting. For Sochi, they've hired complete newbies, freelance reporters who usually cover tennis and other pro sports. The articles on the nbcolympics website thus far have been thin in analytical depth.
  40. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

I'll do it.

Suguri placed 11th overall and did not qualify for Nationals.

[Ando placed 2nd overall and qualified for Nationals.]