Fumie Suguri failed to qualify for Japanese Nationals again

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by tkaug, Nov 7, 2012.

1. yukky

yukky New Member

it is team competition by prefecture,(something like states in US,or province in Canada)
    so individual skaters names are not called but team names(prefecture names)are called.

2. tkaug

tkaug Member

Yes. All the other ladies hugged each other.
    The sudden change of the camera angle to the mascot character's back while Suguri was on the podium looks like the camera man tried not to shoot what she did there and it just looks so strange and insane!

I think those who got ignored by her have something in common but I'm not sure what it is. Higher finishers? Skaters with higher world rankings?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I mean seriously, what were they wearing? Those plastic capes were :yikes:.

She has surely started punching the other skaters in a fit of rage - the evil psychopath that she is - but the cameraman has conspired to protect her obviously false and deceptive public image and started shooting the mascot instead.

ioana and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Oh for the days when skaters did it right. Sonia would have worn an ankle length ermine coat.:rofl:

5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Whodathunk Fumie would become the Tonya Harding of Japan. :drama: Such a monster! Poor poor poor monster!

6. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Too right. Maybe Tat could donate some of hers.

7. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Oh goodie. Than we can alert PETA about Fumie's :EVILLE: fur-wearing ways, in addition to her unacceptable post-competition hugging etiquette.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

So today, I was on my way home from work and I saw Fumie push an old lady whilst crossing the street!!! She almost fell and Fumie just ignored her and walked on. :(

(Disclaimer: This might or might not be true)

9. Aussie Willy

Well Surya Bonaly would have to do the b*tchslapping then as she is a PETA Person.

10. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Hmmm...Surya, bitchslapping, Fumie fighting back? I think we might be onto something that would improve skating ratings in the US after all.
    And those warm-up flood jackets did look *a lot* like the stuff boxers wear before matches.

11. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I find this hard to believe. Now if you had said she actually knocked the old lady down, kicked her cane into traffic, and stole her purse, then I would believe it. The Anti-Christ has to meet certain standards of behaviour, after all.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

She's having hard enough time in this thread as it is, so I wanted to spare the more grisly details. :(

Nomad and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Aussie Willy

That is not your usual style.

14. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea Well-Known Member

This is the figure skating event on the national sports festival of Japan.
    The event was held by team match style between the 16 teams composed by each two skaters who represented each prefecture.
    These 16 prefecture teams are upper 8 teams in the said event in last season and 8 teams which got the qualification in the qualification meeting before the event.

The competition was scored by 'the ISU Judging System'.
    On the total numerical value of the last ranking of two players who have participated in the event, the team which got the smaller value becomes the higher place.
    When the value is the same, the team which contains a higher ranking player in the individual result becomes a higher place.

It is the team competition which the ranking of each team is fixed by the total of the results of two players of each team after the 32 participation players competed in the short program and the upper 24 players competed in the free skating.

The places of the prefecture teams
    1. Tokyo (Imai, Nishino) =5 Points
    2. Hyogo (Muramoto, Muramoto) =9 points
    3. Aichi (Suzuki, Mitsuya) =18 points
    4. Hokkaido (Kokubu, Sasaki) =19 points
    5. kanagawa (Suguri, Ishii) =20 points
    6. Kyoto (Inoue, Sawada) =22 points
    7. Hiroshima (Kono, Tsubota) =24 points
    8. Saitama (Hasegawa, Asami) =27 points
    omitting the rest

The results of the indibidual players
    1. Haruka Imai (Tokyo) =175.83 (SP=1, FS=1)
    2. Akiko Suzuki (Aichi) =158.17 (SP=2, FS=3)
    3. Satsuki Muramoto (Hyogo) =155.04 (SP=6, FS=2)
    4. Yuki Nishino (Tokyo) =149.69 (SP=3, FS=4)
    5. Shion Kokubu (Hokkaido) =133.05 (SP=7, FS=5)
    6. Kana Muramoto (Hyogo) =133.04 (SP=5, FS=7)
    7. Fumie Suguri (Kanagawa ) =132.74 (SP=4, FS=8)
    8. Haruka Hasegawa (Saitama) =124.13 (SP=9, FS=6)
    9. Yuka Kono (Hiroshima) =120.49 (SP=8, FS=11)
    10. Haruka Inoue (Kyoto) =118.25 (SP=10, FS=10)
    11. Hikari Nasuno (Nagano) =118.07 (SP=11, FS=9)
    12. Aki Sawada (Kyoto) =110.14 (SP=12, FS=12)
    13. Ayaka Ishii (Kanagawa) =100.78 (SP=15, FS=15)
    14. Risa Sasaki (Hokkaido) =99.66 (SP=22, FS=13)
    15. Yoshiko Tsubota (Hiroshima) =99.18 (SP=16, FS=18)
    16. Maiko Mitsuya (Aichi) =98.88 (SP=13, FS=19)
    17. Naoko Okuma (Okayama) =98.60 (SP=18, FS=14)
    18. Naoko Hama (Tottori) =98.36 (SP=17, FS=16)
    19. Kotoha Asami (Saitama) =97.43 (SP=21, FS=13)
    omitting the rest

Reference:
    The Japanese prefectures.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...px-Regions_and_Prefectures_of_Japan_2.svg.png

The judges details per skater.
    The short program
    http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2012-2013/fs_j/nationalfestival/data0203.pdf

The free skating
    http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2012-2013/fs_j/nationalfestival/data0205.pdf

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  15. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

16. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation Akira Andrea. :)

Are Satsuki and Kana Muramoto related?

I know! But I am feeling so sorry for poor poor poor Fumie that I decided to make a very special exception and be a little gentler this time. :saint:

17. Akira Andrea

18. Akira Andrea

Thank you very much for being interested in my article always.

19. aims

aims New Member

I hate the title of this thread.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Thanks Akira, we can always count on good information about the Japanese skating from you. :)

21. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

I don't know what to say to the fact that Suzuki had a seemingly rough skate so close to 4CCs... she didn't skate well at Nationals either.

22. Akira Andrea

I'm anxious for her slump so close to the 4CC certainly, too, but I think that the player has participated to it with an easy feeling as if participating to the ice show or the exhibition, because the skating competition of the national skating festival of Japan is the isolated domestic event which isn't related to the Japan Nationals or the Worlds at all. Therefore, I think that we may not need to worry about her result in the case of this event, too. Or I would like to dare to think like that.

23. shah

shah Shhh...

Suguri's result is not that bad!
    btw, I haven't seen anything inappropriate in her behaviour during the medal ceremony. maybe overall she's not that eville :D.

one more thing - Aki Sawada didn't retire? colour me surprised!!!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  24. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

I didn't even notice her name further down the standings. Thank you for pointing that out! We were just talking about her when we went over the selection process for the 2006 Olympics and her finishing 7th behind Ando...Had no idea she was still competing, but she is actually only 24, even though it feels like she's been around forever.

25. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

Aki Sawada!!! Hard to believe she went to 4CC and made the Grand Prix not so long ago. Also what happened to Nana Takeda?

26. Alex Forrest

Alex Forrest Banned Member

I know, and some say I am hard on poor Fumie, but she only placed 7th behind Haruka Imai, Akiko Suzuki, Satsuki Mura, Yuki Nishino, Shion Kokubu, and Kana Muramoto. Once she gets past these world class competitors, the Olympic gold is right there for the taking. If only a sponsor could give her two hundred thousand american dollars to support her gift.

Poor Fumie....

27. Akira Andrea

Sawada Aki retired from the eligible skater at 2011 certainly, but it may not necessarily be required as the qualification for participating to the event to be the eligible skater of JSF or ISU, because the figure skating competition of the national sports festival of Japan is an isolated domestic event which is not the official event of JSF.

There was her message in a blog of figure skating.
    At January 28th, 2013, Aki Sawada said, "Thank you very much for a lot of cheering. Thank you very much for coaching me, to the coach Takeshi Honda and the coach Mamiko Yamai. It is my second retirement today. I was glad to skate delightfully."

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  28. tkaug

tkaug Member

29. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

This is so.... :inavoid:
    :inavoid:

30. apatinar

apatinar Active Member

LMFAO!!!!!!:rofl::rofl: