FSWer's Trainning Reports

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by FSWer, Nov 18, 2011.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok my fellow Skaters!!! Here it is...

Back-Leg-Lifts,Stomach-Leg-Lifts,Kick-Ups,and Push-Ups = I am getting stronger.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts =I still keep a good Spiral.

Back-Ups = Have gotteneasier.

Both Sit-Ups AND Sit-Toe-Touches = I have increased to 30!!!

2. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Not much to say here my fellow Skaters,except.....THAT I INCREASED TO DOING 30 ON....EVERYTHING!!!!

3. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok my fellow Skaters...here it is...

Back-Leg-Lifts,Stomach-Leg-Lifts,Back-Ups,Sit-Ups,and Sit-Toe-Touches = I can still do 30.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I still keep a good Spiral.

Kick-Ups = I am able to get my Legs higher now.

Push-Ups = I only made it to 20 today.

4. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok my fellow Skaters!!! I finally get the chance to post this. So here it is....For On-Ice-Training..

My Staff dropped my off at the Rink on the 29th. I went in and Resistered at the Desk (so I now have 7 Passes left). I then went in and put on my Skates (DARN!!!..I'm still not sure were my other Gaurd is). I got on the ice (yes we had full Ice today) and began to Skate. I find myself getting way better!!! As I practiced my 2-Foot Spin...finding that I am now able to somewhat gain speed on it!! I also practiced lifting one Foot off the ice,and balancing on 1 Skate. I also just want to say that I am now able to do a Spiral,holding onto the wall. LOL,I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it mid. ice. But at least it's a start. LOL. I also practiced some of my Gliding as well.

For...Off-Ice-Training..today May,1rst....

Back-Leg-Lifts = I am feeling stronger in both Legs.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 20 on my Left,and 30 on my Right.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I maintain a Great Spiral.

Kick-Ups = I found myself able to do 40.

Push-Ups = I was still able to just do 20.

Back-Ups = I was able to do 40.

Sit-Ups = I was able to do 40.

Sit- Toe-Touches = I was able to do 40.

What do you all think?

5. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok my fellow Skaters!!!! Here it is....

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 40 and remain strong in both Legs.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 26 on my Left Leg,and 40 on my Right.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I did 40 on both Legs.

Kick-Ups = I did 40 on my Left Leg,and 30 on my Right.

Push-Ups = I made it to 21.

Back-Ups = I did 60 today.

Sit-Ups = I did 40.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I did 40 on both feet,and touched my toes.

6. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

I did 30 each on both my Back and Stomach-Leg-Lifts.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I did 40 on my Left-Leg,and 50 on my Right.

I did 40 Kick-Ups and 40 sit-Ups.

I made it to 22 Push-Ups today.

I did 50 Back-Ups,and counted to 50 touching my Toes on my Sit-Toe-Touches.

7. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok my fellow Skaters!!!! Here it is.....

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 30 on my Left,and 40 on my Right.Feeling stronger here.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 30 on my Left, and 50 on my Right. Feeling stronger here.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I did 40 on both Legs. I keep a good Spiral.

Kick-Ups = I did 60 on both Legs and getting stronger.

Push-Ups = I did 24.

Back-Ups = did 70.

Sit-Ups = I did 40. Getting stronger here.

Sit- Toe- Touches = I counted to 60 and touched both toes.

8. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok my fellow Skaters!!! Here it is.....

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 60 Leg-Lifts on both Legs.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 20 on my Left Leg,and 30 on my Right Leg.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I did 60 onmy Left Leg,and 70 on my Right Leg.

Kick-Ups = I did 50 on both Legs.

Push-Ups = I did 25.

I did 100 Back-Ups,and 100 Sit-Ups.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I did 70 on both feet and touched my toes.

9. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok my fellow Skaters!!!! Here it is!!!!.....

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 60 onmy Left,and 40 on my Right.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 30 on both Legs.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I did 100 on both Legs!!

Back-Ups and Sit-Ups = I did 100!!!

Kick-Ups = I did 100 on my Left,and 80 on my Right.

Push-Ups = I did 20.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I counted to 100 and touched my toes.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  10. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok my fellow Skaters!!!!...Here is the Report...

I got dropped off at the Rink by my Staff,went in to Register and sign-in at the Desk. Then went on the Ice. I practiced my 2-Foot-Spin,and tried lifting one Foot up to try one-Foot-Spinning. LOL,as I found,LOL...I still need to work on Spinning,balancing,AND lifting a Foot all at once. (BTW. I'm Left-Handed.Does that have anything to do with which Foot you lift? Also a friendly warning to ALL Skaters here!!!... Before going ON the Ice...please,please make sure that all your wallets,keys,etc.(if you need to take then on the Ice) are all succure in your warm Rink clothes (your coat,etc.)!!! As I had a scare today at the Rink,thinking I lost my wallet...and spent a lot of my Ice-time looking for it. (BTW. I still don't have workable Skate Gaurds. Just ones that were my spares my Staff have to put together. So I had to walk out FROM the enterance to the Rink,to the Desk in the Lobby with NO Gaurds. Is there ANYONE here that's had to do this that can please tell me if THAT much of just walking on Blades can ruin them? Or do I need to be doing it a lot more for it to happen)? Also will Sharpening help take care of ANYTHING that might have happened to the Blades?
    Anyway,we had a lot of fun,and I even skated over to try to help a little kid who fell. Please keep watch for my next Report!!!

11. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

It depends which way you are spinning (clockwise/counter clock wise) to what foot to lift up, and whether you want to do a forward of backwards spin. Most people learn a forwards spin first, so if you spin counter clock wise (the way most people spin) then lift up your right foot.

Walking on your blades once wont hurt them, just dont make a habit of it.

12. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Can you please explain how it all depends on the way you spin? BTW. I know that folding your arms in increases your speed. But how do you work yourself up to at least faster speed. Speed that is considered Spinning....not just Turnning around fast? BTW. I'm not sure. But I negreted to tell you all that yoday I may have landed on both my Blades...without falling!!! A 2-Footer!!! I guess you can say....I Landed it!!!!!

13. AndyWarhol

the way you spin is exactly that, when you are spininng are you turning to the left or right?

What did you land?

you just need to practice your spins lots to spin faster.

14. Clarice

Clarice Active Member

When you spin, do you turn to the left or to the right? If you turn to the left, stand on your left foot and pick up your right foot. If you turn to the right, stand on your right foot and pick up your left foot. This is for a regular one-foot spin, which is what you are working on.

Learning to spin faster just takes practice. You're right about pulling your arms in. Are you bending your knees? Bend your knees before you start the spin, and straighten them as you pull your arms in. That should help some.

You didn't hurt your blades by walking on them as long as you stayed on the matting. Never, ever walk on cement!

15. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

So,any other type of flooring is ok? Just keep away from cement? BTW. how can you tell if you have a damaged Blade from a floor by looking at the Blade? Also,how do you maintain AND keep balance on one Foot,at the same time you are lifting one..while moving? I am now beginning on the 2-Foot. BTW. what do I need to practice in order to Spin faster?

16. Clarice

Clarice Active Member

The only kind of flooring that is okay is the matting that the rink puts down. No cement, no metal, no hard floors of any kind. Don't walk outside on the sidewalk or in the parking lot.

If you walked on cement or something like that you might be able to see where the edge is flattened out or rolled over, but the way you can really tell is when you try to skate on it. It might feel like you don't have edges at all. Your blade might even feel like it's slipping sideways. It might feel like you accidentally left your guards on. A sharpening will fix it.

Balancing on one foot is actually easier when you're gliding on skates than when you're standing still. Make sure you start with your feet close together on two feet before you lift one up. Just pick your foot up a little bit by lifting your knee and putting your toe next to the heel of the foot you're standing on. Stand straight up on that foot - don't let your skate rock to the inside. You should feel like you're standing on the ball of your foot.

Did you know you can practice spinning off the ice? If you have smooth tile floor where you live, you can spin on it in your socks. Make sure to clear a big enough area before you try this! You don't want to crash into things or knock things off of countertops or anything like that! You won't be able to spin as fast as skaters do on the ice, but you can get some extra practice in that way.

17. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok,I may have been walking on a Mat in my Rink,but I'm not so sure. (Is that the Flooring coming off the Ice)? Although,I'm not so sure what the Flooring out in the LOBBY of a Rink (were I went) nere the Desk is called. But I THINK I was only out in the Lobby on my Blades for about 5min...Is that hardly any time for anything to happen? BTW. if I should b able to see anything, like you said...what would it look like,and what would I be looking for? So,whenever I get my Skates sharpened..no matter when...should fix it if needed?
    So I should FIRST Glide up to speed,make sure my feet are together,and THEN just litle be little ...just...Lift my foot? How do I keep myself Gliding after lifting my foot? My Glides stop in mid-ice when I do it.

18. Clarice

Clarice Active Member

If you were inside the rink lobby, I'm sure the flooring was okay to walk on. Any wear and tear on the blades from that wouldn't be anything you could see. Next time you get your skates sharpened it will take care of it, if anything even happened at all.

I can't remember - do you have toe picks on your blades? Or are yours more like hockey skates? It makes a difference as I think about how to answer your question about gliding.

19. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

I have Figure Skates with Toe-Picks.

20. Clarice

Clarice Active Member

Okay. Well, in that case, I wonder if maybe when you lift your foot up you are also shifting your weight on the foot you're trying to glide on. If you get your weight too far forward towards your toes, the bottom toe pick will drag a little bit and make you stop. Next time you try, make sure you're standing very flat on your gliding foot. Think about keeping your weight right over the middle of your foot. You could even think about lifting your toes up inside your boot. You won't really be able to do that in a stiff skate boot, but if you try, you won't rock forward on your toe picks and stop.

21. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Can you please explain how my Gliding Foot and both Feet should look and how I put the weight were it should be?

22. Clarice

Clarice Active Member

This is where you really need to be able to see pictures, or video, or best of all, have another skater show you.

23. Synchkat

Synchkat New Member

Clarice has to excellent advice. I just wanted to add try doing one foot balancing off the ice while in your skates. Just to try to feel where you feel balanced.

When you do the one foot glides on the ice remember to bend the knee of the leg you are standing on. Never too early to develop good habits.

24. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

So my knee helps to keep me gliding? Should I bend my knee on a Spin too?

25. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Your knee shouldn't be really bent, as if you are about to sit down, but your knee shouldn't be stiff and straight either. You will probably have to bend your knee a very little bit to be able to spin on the middle of your foot, as Clarice says. But just a very little bit!

26. Synchkat

Synchkat New Member

As Overedge said you just want your knee so it is not completely locked. This is more for the gliding than spinning

27. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Can someone please explain in steps to me what I SHOULD be doing for BOTH a 2-Foot AND 1-Foot Spin,so I can follow you all better? BTW. here is my Off-Ice-Training Report for...5/22/12....

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 50 on both Legs.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 40 on my Left...and 30 on my Right.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I did 60 onboth Legs.

Kick-Ups = I did 40.

Push-Ups = I made it back to 30!!!

Back-Ups and Sit-Ups = I did 100!!!

Sit-Toe-Touches = I counted to 100 and touched my toes. LOL,I'm not sure if I'm REALLY doing 100 on my Sit-Ups...I think I might just be counting like my Toe-Touches.

Next Report coming soon!!!

28. Clarice

Clarice Active Member

No, I don't think we can explain it well enough. You really need somebody to show you. This is why skaters take lessons. It's too hard to understand exactly what to do just from reading explanations.

29. AndyWarhol

yes, i agree. do they offer learn to skate classes at your rink?

30. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

I think you are receiving the best explanations possible already, are there group lessons / private lessons available at nearby rinks?

LOL @ posting at the same time with AndyWarhol.