FSWer's Partnership Splits & Skater Retirement news thread

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Sylvia, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

I think it's a good idea to start a thread that lists the pair/dance splits and retirements of the skaters that FSWer knows. Here are three recent news items:

Lindsay Davis and Mark Ladwig split after 2013 U.S. Nationals - USFS' press release: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48971&type=media
    Jessica Dubé and Sébastien Wolfe retire from competitive figure skating - Skate Canada press release (Jan. 9, 2013): http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/2309/language/en-US/Default.aspx
    Jessica Dubé's previous pairs partner, Bryce Davison, is busy coaching young skaters - here's a January 2013 article: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/story/2013/01/17/hamilton-skating-pro.html
    FSWer, feel free to ask questions in this thread if you want to know about the status of specific skaters or teams that you're not sure about. :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
    DaveRocks and (deleted member) like this.
  2. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Thanks. Can we make this sticky?...WHAT?!! That's a first in Partnership History. A partnership only lasting for 1 Competition. BTW. is Amanda Evora looking for a new Partner?

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Lindsay Davis and Mark Ladwig competed for one season together (a few summer competitions in 2012, 3 international competitions this past fall, plus 1 Nationals).

Amanda Evora is coaching in Florida and is not looking for a new partner, as far as I know. Here are a couple of photos of "Coach Amanda" at 2013 U.S. Nationals in Omaha, Nebraska on her club's site: http://www.swffsc.org/

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  4. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Gosh!!! Why 2 such short-lived Partnerships? Jessica didn't re-Partner too long ago either. What's her status?

5. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

I got to the site. But I don't see any photos.

6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

7. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Can you post the direct link to the actual page? All I got was the clubs site. Amanda isn't even listed under the "Coaching Staff" Link.

8. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

9. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

WOW!!! Amanda looks different as a coach. The Girl on the right in the Black and white,right? BTW. can anyone identify the young Pair Team? What do we know about them? Can you also post the links to the other Photos?

10. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Yes, that's Amanda.

Their first names are Grace (age 12) and Noah (age 17) and they finished 6th in Novice Pairs at 2013 Nationals.

There's only one other photo and it's kind of dark: http://ellentonice.com/images/easyb...n-Figure-Skaters-2013-Championships-Omaha.jpg
    Amanda is on the far left, standing next to Felicia Zhang (red dress) and Nathan Bartholomay (blue shirt, holding flowers) who won the bronze medal in Senior Pairs at 2013 Nationals, who Amanda helped coach with head coach Jim Peterson (man wearing the glasses).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  11. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

COOL!!!! Were they on TV.? I don't remember seeing them. Unless there a Team I don't reconize easily. Do we have a Skating Photos of them? What Level are they? What moves do they have?

12. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Grace & Noah weren't on NBC's broadcast of Nationals because Novices aren't shown on TV (they can do double jumps and double throw jumps), but the Senior pair team of Felicia Zhang (age 19) & Nathan Bartholomay (age 23) were on TV and skated very well, with triple jumps, triple twist lift, and triple throws. I'll try and find some skating photos of Zhang & Bartholomay later.

13. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

BTW. at the 2013 Nationals,what were these 2 introduced as? I notice that we only know their names as Grace and Noah. So I'm assuming that young Pair and (or) Ice-Dance Teams under 18 are not introduced by last names?

14. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Say,when we talk about not shown on TV. because of Level,are talking about..the TV. Station desiding to edit those Levels THEMSELVES...because they think Novices are boring,are we talking about the Federation working together with the station and desiding togethe that Novices are boring to watch..OR are we talking about a rule in the Rulebook saying that Novices aren't allowed to be shown?

15. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Are there any Skating Photos of Grace and Noah? I saw the pic. How cute.

16. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

I can't find any that aren't in the Icenetwork.com photo galleries that your computer won't let you view, sorry.

U.S. TV networks don't show Novice or Junior level events at Nationals because they only have limited time to televise the Seniors (usually just the top ones).

BTW, you asked about Allison Timlen a while ago:
    She is at the Senior level in singles, and I thought you'd like to know that she is looking for a partner to learn pairs with for next season. If she finds a partner I will let you know by posting in this thread.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  17. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

LOL,if that's the only problem (limited Time). The way around that is to work the amount of Skaters they have in with the Networks. BTW. why because of what they can do? Are you able to Google Skating photos of Grace and Noah? I really wish Allison luck btw.

18. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

19. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Thanks, ioana! :)

They were introduced at 2013 Nationals with their full names - Grace Knoop and Noah Chinault.

FSWer, in case you didn't see or hear this news today, Lindsay Davis has found a new partner already - he is Rockne Brubaker who was a two-time U.S. National Pairs champion back in 2008 & 2009.

20. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

I thought this was the participant skater forum.

21. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

22. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member