From Russia With Love - Winter 2012/13

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Belated answer (in case you're still wondering)... Medvedeva didn't compete as a senior in the Russian Cup qualifying competitions so it appears she is only qualified to compete at Junior Nationals this season. This question came up again in the Russian Nationals Ladies SP thread in Kiss and Cry today and was answered by hanca here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...ls-Ladies-SP&p=3779498&viewfull=1#post3779498

2. Sylvia

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  3. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Voronov had a higher TES in the short program as well, by a little less than a point I think. Well done, Sergei!

4. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Plushenko is a legend. He may not be as artistic as Takahashi or Chan, but his confidence and command of the ice is superior to both. I think it would be one of those olympic moments if he won a 4th olympic medal. I know that happens in some other sports, but not in skating. I hope he stays healthy and has two performances of his life next winter.

5. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

^ ITA!

In this day and age 4 Olympic medals would be amazing! S/Z have 3 in 4 tries and that was amazing enough; I can't wait until Sochi!

6. lulu

lulu New Member

Well said. Even without a 4th olympic medal, he's already a legend in the sport, but if he wins a medal in Sochi in 2014 that would be one for the ages. :)

7. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Yay! Tuktamisheva decides to skate in spite of her illness and walks away with her first national championship!

8. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

Nobody can match his presence/command on the ice- not even Takahashi, IMHO. Every time he takes the ice, he has the audience in the palm of his hand. Yes, he is a legend, and if he wins even a bronze in Sochi, it will be a phenomenal achievement to an already phenomenal career. What I really want for him is to stay healthy enough to skate well in both SP & LP in Sochi. If he wins the gold in Sochi (extremely low probability of this, with Chan, Takahashi, Fernandez skating at their peak), I would call him the greatest figure skater ever.

9. Sylvia

Top 8 Ladies at Russian Nationals:
    1 Елизавета ТУКТАМЫШЕВА SPG 196.57 1 1 Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
    2 Елена РАДИОНОВА MSK 191.26 3 2 Elena Radionova (not age-eligible for 2013 Euros/Worlds)
    3 Аделина СОТНИКОВА MSK 190.75 2 3 Adelina Sotnikova
    4 Серафима САХАНОВИЧ SPB 177.37 9 4 Serafima Sakhanovich (not age-eligible for 2013 Euros/Worlds, born Feb. 9, 2000: http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/1839.html )
    5 Анна ПОГОРИЛАЯ MSK 176.58 5 5 Anna Pogorilaya (not age-eligible for 2013 Euros/Worlds)
    6 Николь ГОСВИЯНИ SPB 170.67 8 6 Nikol Gosviani (doesn't have TES minimum scores for Euros since she hasn't competed internationally since the fall of 2010 according to her ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00010707.htm )
    7 Алёна ЛЕОНОВА MSP 169.64 6 8 Alena Leonova
    8 Ксения МАКАРОВА SPB 163.83 12 7 Ksenia Makarova

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  10. Sylvia

Leonova's new FS is a depressing version of Concierto de Aranjuez, unfortunately.

11. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

No it's not. Her skate is a series of poorly executed elements that happen to be going on at the same time as Aranjuez is in the background.

hanca and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Graveyard Aranjuez. At least it (probably) fits to her career nowadays.

13. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I am just curious which Russian pairs are eligible for juniors next season and which will age out. And from those who age out, who can compete in seniors and who is too young.

Tarasova-Morozov - his DOB is 01.11.1992, will he be too old to compete internationally for juniors? (If he is, she is old enough to go to seniors, but I am not sure if they would get any GP event :( )

Davankova- Deputat - his DOB is 20.12.1992, will he be too old to compete internationally for juniors? Her DOB is 02.05.1998 so she would be too young for seniors.

Antipova- Maisuradze - her DOB is 18.12.1997, so she will be too young next season to compete internationally in seniors, isn't she? (and he is too old for juniors).

14. Sylvia

Davankova/Deputat and Tarasova/Morozov both are still ISU junior age-eligible in 2013-14 (Davankova will be 15 by July 1st and old enough for ISU senior championships). The male pair/dancer's maximum age won't be lowered by one year until the 2014-15 season.
    ETA: Also still ISU Junior age-eligible next season are Fedorova/Miroshkin, Vigalova/Zakroev, Gainetdinova/Bich, Tudvaseva/Lisiev.

Antipova/Maisuradze can do Senior Bs/GP (host pick)/ISU Championships next season since she turned 15 this month. The female pair/dancer's minimum age for all ISU senior events won't be raised to 15 until the 2014-15 season.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  15. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Thank you Sylvia. I wasn't thinking about B competitions, I was curious about GP events and JGP events.

So Antipova-Maisuradze are not out of running for Sochi as she is old enough. (not that they would have a huge chance, because first three teams are obviously V-T, K-S and B-L, but you never know who gets injured and if either of those teams couldn't attend, it would be between S-K, M-R who are inconsistent, and G-E who missed whole season. I think Antipova-Maisuradze would have a chance if someone from the first three teams got injured.)

I am glad that Davankova/Deputat and Tarasova/Morozov both are still ISU junior age-eligible in 2013-14. The JGP are good for getting some points towards world standings. It would be a shame if the male partners were too old for juniors and the female partners too young for seniors.

16. sk8indel

sk8indel Member

Does anyone have a preliminary roster for Russian Junior Nationals? If there are kids born in '00 in seniors, I wonder how young the juniors will be 0_o

17. Sylvia

Re-posting from Russian Nationals Ladies FS thread in Kiss and Cry:
    Here's the article: http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20121228/637444380.html
    Via Google Translate: http://translate.google.com/transla...ort.ru/figure_skating/20121228/637444380.html

Bazarova/Larionov were also nominated for Euros by the Coaching Council, according to the article.

Russian Nationals Men top 5:
    1 Evgeni Plushenko 265.94 1 1
    2 Sergei Voronov 254.06 2 2
    3 Konstantin Menshov 228.88 6 3
    4 Artur GachinskiSPB 227.46 4 4
    5 Maxim Kovtun 225.02 3 5

The article ends as follows:
    "Coaching Council decision is a recommendation. FFKKR executive committee, which must approve the composition of the Russian national team, will meet at 9 am Friday."

ETA:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  18. alchemy void

alchemy void Running away from POTO

Major kudos to Russian federation if they send Gosviani to Euros (and get her a quick senior B). I'm still willing to bet Leonova is sent, unfortunately. The thing is, Leonova just didn't bomb nationals, she has been skating worse and worse with each competition...also her new LP is a dreadful downgrade from what she had before. I actually love Leonova but clearly she needs to re-evaluate where she is at right now. (New coach please!)

Remember, in 1999, Slutskaya was the reigning world silver medalist and lost her Worlds spot so there is precedent. It also served as a nice wake up call as Irina's career got back on track the following season.

19. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

It would be pretty awful for Gosviani to be nominated and have that be known publicly, were the executive committee to ignore the recommendation and choose otherwise. According to the article, the coaches at the meeting included Mishin, Kudryatsev, and Morozov.

20. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

There are only two senior B before Euros (New Year Cup and Volvo Open) and both's deadlines for entries have already closed, so I think is a moot point for Gosviani sadly.

21. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

What if Leonova got Euros and Gosviani got Worlds? Sure, it's a long shot, but Leonova is in a bad situation here and I don't see her drastically improving.

WRT the ladies who're too young for senior comps, OMG, so much talent. :swoon: Putting aside the likely berths for Radionova and Lipnitskaya, I wonder if Serafima Sakhanovich might be able to swing a spot at JW? I guess it's pretty contingent on her success at JN.

22. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I suspect that the organizers of both Senior B's at the beginning of January would allow Gosviani to skate, were the Russian Federation to ask.

23. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

And they didn't nominate Leonova? :watch:

24. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

I disagree with the concept of sending someone who finished 6th over the 3rd, 4th, and 5th place finishers. Sorry. That's just how I feel about it. It would be crazy and you may as well say "Nationals are irrelevant, we'll send who we like, don't bother turning up."

It's the same with the men. I actually don't understand why they wouldn't send Menshov - solid and a good skater. It's Voronov who they should be wary about but they already said 1st and 2nd were locks.

Regardless, I don't mind if Gachinski doesn't go this year. It seems terrible but I'd rather he have more time to have the doctors find out what's wrong with him.

But seriously, I'd be sending Menshov. Kovtun is a great little skater and yeah he's Senior material, but he was 5th. To have a Euros team of 1st-2nd-5th without an injury seems odd.

25. Sylvia

Not this year - too young.

Re-posting useful age info from the Russian Nationals Ladies SP thread in Kiss and Cry:
    Evgenia Medvedeva's DOB is listed as November 19, 1999, so she will be ISU Junior age-eligible in 2013-14.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  26. martyross

martyross New Member

when will Elena Radionova enter the senior circuit? her free skating left me totally speechless.

27. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

I did NOT realize that Sakhanovich was so young! She has a more mature presence than her age would normally suggest.

28. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

No Polina K :fragile:

29. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

Sakhanovich is born February 9, 2000 , and will only be 13 next year http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/1839.html
    is that cut off age allowed already under ISU rules ? :confused:

30. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Here's one:
    http://www.fskate.ru/results/tour/1164.html

Men:
    Evgeni Vlasov
    Alexei Genya
    Fedosiy Efremenkov
    Andrei Zuber
    Maxim Kovtun
    Mikhail Kolyada
    Alexei Krasnozhon
    Andrei Lazukin
    Artem Leger
    Konstantin Milyukov
    Dmitry Mikhailov
    Alexander Petrov
    Adya Pitkeev
    Roman Savosin
    Alexander Samarin
    Vladimir Samoilov
    Vladislav Smirnov
    Vladislav Tarasenko

Ladies:
    Evgenia Gerasimova
    Nikol Gosviyani
    Valerya Yevseyeva
    Kristina Zaseeva
    Anastasia Kolomiets
    Evgenia Medvedeva
    Natalia Ogoreltseva
    Arina Petrova
    Anna Pogorilaya
    Elena Radionova
    Seraphima Sahanovich
    Maria Sotskova
    Maria Stavitskaya
    Ulyana Titushkina
    Elizaveta Tursynbaeva
    Valentina Chernyshova
    Anna Shershak
    Elizaveta Yushchenko

And since you ask about age, Valeria Yevseveya was born in 2002! :eek: Sotskova, Kolomiets, Yuschenko, Sahanovich, Tursynbaeva & Ogoreltseva were all born in 2000; all but Kolomiets are eligible for the JGP next year.

Pairs:
    Maria Vygalova - Yegor Zakroev
    Kamila Gainetdinov - Ivan Bich
    Valeria Grechukhina - Andrei Filonov
    Anastasia Gubanova - Alexey Sintsov
    Vasilisa Davankova - Andrei Deputat
    Anastasia Dolidze - Vadim Ivanov
    Alexandra Minina - Alexander Korovin
    Vlad Mishina - Alexander Kurmachev
    Oksana Nagalaty - Maxim Bobrov
    Alisa Smirnova - Vladimir Arkhipov
    Evgenia Tarasova - Vladimir Morozov