From Russia With Love - Winter 2012/13

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Maofan7

Maofan7 Away

I agree. She has already won Junior Worlds. She should do the same as Tuk did last season, and take the rest of the season off

2. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

Julia Lipnitskaia doesn't strike me as the type to end her season early if she doesn't have to. She may want to further boost her ISU World Standings rankings by competing at 2013 Junior Worlds. Russian Junior Nationals isn't until late January/early February, so she still has plenty of time to recover.

I posted a link to an interview (dated Dec. 15) with V/T's coach, Nina Mozer, a few posts back in which she said (via Google Translate) they were back to training for Nationals.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  3. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

True but there's really nothing for her to gain by competing at junior worlds again, especially if her time would better be spent resting/healing or getting a jump on next season, the season that really matters. She's competed at the senior level against the top names and medaled at both of her events; junior worlds is a superfluous competition for her at this point. It seems like she'd be taking a step backwards...IMO anyway.

4. Maofan7

Maofan7 Away

I hope Julia's coaching team ensure that she returns only when she is ready and keep any over eagerness to return too soon on Julia's part in check for her long term good

5. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

It says on an article she will be at Junior Ntaionals, she will not compete at Seniors as she
    not yet ready, I agree she needs to concentrate on full recovery but going to Junior Worlds isnt going backwards, she can win again at Junior Worlds and increase her ISU standings for next season

6. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

Kovtun's jumping style makes me :yikes: at first. It is effective though. He's very stable.

Gachinski can jump quad toe, quad Salchow, quad Lutz, and quad loop. There is also a rumour he was training the quad flip but I have not heard any confirmation.

7. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

and when do/did we see something else than quad toe of him?

ando coud jump quad sal too, and when did we see it? almost never...it´s important what they can fetch up in competition

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I wish he would just land the triples of the Sal, Lutz and Loop in comp...

9. misskarne

I'm sure he wishes that too.

I was re-watching a video of his performance of "The Bolt" from the 2011 Worlds and wishing I had a time rewind button for him. I loved that program.

10. jiggs

jiggs Well-Known Member

Does anyone know why Adelina pulled out of Golden Spin Zagreb last weekend? Her name appeared in the SP starting orders but she didn't skate.

11. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Gatchinski can definitely do 4s in practice, I feel like I've read that in articles for a few seasons now. I assume once he gets more consistent with his current content he'll add the other quads to the program. Also, Ando would have gone for the 4s if she felt she needed it, but by the end of her career, she didn't need it or even a 3-3 to win big events so it wasn't worth the risk. With quads becoming so prominent in the men's field I wouldn't be surprised if Artur starts trying different quads in his programs.

12. misskarne

I remember Mishin (or Artur?) saying in an interview that they were originally planning on adding the 4Lo in the second half of last season, but obviously things weren't going quite well enough for them to happy doing that...

13. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Bazarova and Larionov won't compete at nationals because Larionov is having trouble breaking in his new skates. Their coach said that the fed will decide if they are going to Euros :( I can't imaging they will say no.

14. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  15. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

puh, this is hard. so there is really no chance for s/k or m/r making the team?

only if the russian fed totally dumps k/s, what won´t happen.

b/l had a good season and surely deserve this spot, but i don´t like the aftertaste.

16. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

He landed a quad Salchow in practice at Nationals today.

17. misskarne

Hm. 2-quad short? It would be quite risky. Or perhaps a 3-quad long?

Or Mishin just toying with us all. ;)

How's everyone looking, Eislauffan?

18. erkatica

erkatica New Member

Hi everyone!:) I'm a new member of FSU and a GREAT fan of the russian figure skating! Does anyone have a link for the nationals? I don't fint it:( Thanks for everyone:) (Sorry for my english).

19. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

Welcome to FSU! There will be discussion/results/play-by-play threads for Russian Nationals in the Kiss and Cry (competition) section of this board starting on Dec. 25: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?270-National-Championships-Other (Kiss and Cry access/subscription info can be found in the Board Business section)

Online viewing options (including any working links) should be posted in this thread in the TV Alerts forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...(Dec-25-28-2012)-ungeoblocked-viewing-options

20. AKISIN

AKISIN New Member

Ivan Bariev, Why does not he participate in Russian Nationals??

21. lulu

lulu New Member

22. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Apparently Gachinski has problems with his boots that is also why he took them off immediately after his skate. The doctors don't know exactly what is wrong.

23. misskarne

AGAIN? Ugh. Poor Artur.

Actually, this seems to be becoming a bigger problem around the world. I seem to hear of boot problems a lot more lately.

24. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Remind us of how long you have been following figure skating, please, misskarne. :saint:

25. misskarne

Can one not make an observation anymore without attracting criticism?

It just seems that there have been a lot of boot problems lately. Sheesh.

26. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

he said something about an "unpleasant feeling" in his feet which is getting stronger when he doesn't take off his boots.

27. misskarne

Sounds to me like his feet are going to sleep. That's usually a fitting problem or a lacing problem, but I can't imagine a skater of his level having a lacing problem, and I'd have thought he'd be in customs...

28. lulu

lulu New Member

29. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

yep, she will perform a new FP tomorrow

30. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Hm, I didn't mind the old one. It was better than last year's.