From Russia With Love - Winter 2012/13

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Triple Axel

Triple Axel New Member

That is NOT what I meant!! I meant simply that, gone are the days of those kind of moves! Plushenko never has used anything of that nature-I simply said it would be amazing to see him DO ONE..not that he ever HAD. :wall: Holy Mother of God....

I said ROBIN COUSINS had the most amazing stag axel I'd ever seen..not Plushenko! That whole post was NOT about Plushenko...there were other skaters there who will never have tried one. And I can honestly say that I believe that COP prevents skaters now from ever WANTING to do them, or being able to feasibly add them to their programs because of the negative GOE they would get for the single jump, and the lack of points, even if it is sweeping and gorgeous...That move has effectively been eliminated by CoP. That's all I was trying to say. And that there are many of todays skaters that would look quite fantastic executing that move-whether they have done so in the past, or not. Gachinski is definitely one of them..

2. Triple Axel

Triple Axel New Member

:cheer:

YAY!!!!

3. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

Not anymore, if the rumors are true.

4. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Congratulations to them! I hope they can keep that position in the FD!

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Which rumors?
    Moreover, Veretennikova is based in Glazov I think and Mishin in St. Pete's. Since Liza has moved to St. Pete's a while ago already it implies that Mishin NOW is her primary coach.

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Spill the beans!

7. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

so that explains why Svetlana was not with Tuk and Mishin in Canada right ?

8. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

I hope they (Bobrova-Soloviev) win the bronze. They will have tough competition from Pechalat & Bourzat. B&S will need to skate their absolute best.

I have not watched any videos yet (a very busy week at work and otherwise for me), but why did I&K place so low? They are even lower than Chock & Bates.

9. morqet

morqet Active Member

Level 3 twizzles (Nikita was very wobbly) and level 3 & 2 for the polka. They just never looked comfortable.

10. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Loved the adorable interview Jeffrey Buttle had with tatiana and Max in the kiss'n'cry. I think they charmed the audience.

11. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

First russian pairs champs since T/T

12. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

Congratulations to them:) They have some of my favourite programs this year and have improved so much. It is nice to see it pay off.

Congrats Tati & Max! They were awesome today! I'm happy for them:)

13. liv

liv Well-Known Member

That was a great program from them today. Loved it.... even Max's little fall on his toe pick added to the charm, lol.

14. caseyedwards

Whoever the Russian man is in Sochi is going to be BUSY!!!! 2 Sps and two lp's!! They all better start training right now!!

15. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

Did you mean T&M (Tomianina-Marinin)?

16. caseyedwards

Of course. T/M - was thinking of V/T and when going for T/M wrote T/T.

17. elka_sk8

elka_sk8 Well-Known Member

V/T were brilliant. I really love this pair. I remember watching her at the last Olympics thinking, if only she could find the right partner she'd be a star. So glad it worked out for them. :)

18. Triple Axel

Triple Axel New Member

You bet your sweet arse they'd better start training NOW..we do know that Plushenko will be back to on-ice training in May, according to Ari..and Gachinski is ALREADY working on his new programs! The FS (I believe) is to music from Anna Karennina (somehow, I think that is pathetically mis-spelled!!:slinkaway). From what I've seen of it, the movements are wonderful (he had 2 very short videos on his VK account...) And I SWEAR I saw a couple of quick "hip rotations' (AKA "Ass Circles") that I am sure will find their way to the cutting room floor after Mishnin gets a hold on the program!! (unless, of course, Artur can distract him during those!! LOL). I'm sure Kovtun will waste NO time in getting his programs together as well. All in all, it promises to be an interesting season. I hope all of these guys live up to their potential, and that the best man wins the trip..

19. Triple Axel

Triple Axel New Member

CANNOT. STOP. SMILING. :cheer::biggrinbo

20. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

And Bobrova and Soloviev are the first dance medallists since Domnina and Shabalin!

21. caseyedwards

I wouldn't have believed they would succeed with level 2 step sequences

22. caseyedwards

2 spots for Russian ladies in sochi

23. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

They don't have medal contenders anyway. This might spare the audience a terrible performance like Leonova's tonight or Korebeynikova's last year.

24. caseyedwards

It's true. They barely are top 10 in the world.

25. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

Crazy how out of hand some of the hype had gotten the past two years (for good reason, but still..) but I still think Sotnikova will be a medal contender with the right programs next year. I really love watching her, there is something very special about her musical intelligence and ability to perform at her age. That Crap-ulera program should not have been entertaining, but I absolutely loved it tonight. So much sass and she somehow makes it work. That gold medal will be Yuna Kim's unless she is injured and can't compete, her performance tonight just won't be touched next year by any of these ladies if she repeats it again with even two less jumps. That said, post-Sochi Russia really will be where its at.

Volosozhar/Trankov might not have the programs even close to all-time best, but at this point I think they are the most gorgeous and close to perfect pairs team that I have ever seen. (technical elements speaking) Those sbs 3salchows, triple twist, and throw triple loop were absolutely perfect and of the highest quality the sport has ever seen. I love to watch them and am so happy to see Tatiana finally shine. I remember first spotting her at 2005 Euros and being gobsmacked at how talented she was, how she would likely not go as far as she should in her career, and was happy to see her even top 5 at Euros skating for Ukraine. Now the b*tch is World Champion. :respec: :rockstar:

26. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

We'll see. A lot people said that about this year, when Sot and Tuk finally became eligible. And in dance and pairs, I think the depth is not there (only on paper).

Psh, you're a late bloomer, I first fell in love with her at 2003 Euros, with Peter Kharchenko. ;)

27. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

You were the one who made me watch her at Euros! :lol: I got converted rather early at least. :)

I think its inevitable that Russia will be successful, even if 4 or 5 of them dont turn out and have a bad year, 4 or 5 will have a good year. They just have too many good ones who can score points to not get some medals. I'm thinking it could be as soon as next years post-Oly Worlds.

28. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I don't think anybody thought those kids would win gold medals next year. Their time will be 2018. They're only 16 and are just now skating at senior events. There's a huge difference in skating before a crowd of thousands and the few hundreds that attend junior events. They also hit skating at a point where ladies skating is vastly different than it was last year or even the year before. People need to cut them some slack and let them have a chance. Note that those skaters on the podium tonight are all in their 20s and have years of senior experience.

29. caseyedwards

Even if it wasn't about gold medals skating well or impressively was certainly an expectation of them. Something Gracie Gold like was expected. Or like osmond in the short. Age isnt the issue the talent to do well was thought to be there like it was with Gold or Osmond. I was their first worlds too! They aren't that much older. Zijun li too.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
    Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  30. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

You know, you really need to get a life. You've been wringing your proverbial hands all week about Kovtun and now Sot and Tuk. The Russian fed will be just fine and so will they and all your angst isn't going to change a thing. You really need to find another obsession and I really need to put you on ignore because you annoy the hell out of me.

hanca and (deleted member) like this.