From Russia with love - Summer through Autumn 2013

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by allezfred, Aug 18, 2013.

1. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

They are on the entry list of Lombardia Trophy, Sept 19-22, and Ondrej Nepela Trophy, Oct 3-5. And Cup of China.

2. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

I loved reading this new piece about the history of Sochi on IN: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/09/09/60045226/prometheus-was-sochis-first-olympic-guest

Lol the first thing I thought of when I read Prometheus in the title was that recent movie entitled such ~ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/

Loved the movie, the title character reminds me of Evgeni Plushenko, whom could be used to create the "master copy" of all those that come after him. He is the ideal skater in all aspects imho...physique, mindset, agility, toughness, programmed to succeed! :kickass:

3. deltask8er

deltask8er Well-Known Member

4. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

She said at the end of last season that she would retire in 2014. She will be in more of an advisory capacity. I hope more skaters will go to Oleg.

deltask8er and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Primorskaya

Primorskaya Red Member

What a lovely little skater! She seems very musical and expressive, good presentation & skills for such a young girl.

6. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

7. Lis

Lis Active Member

Thank you :)

8. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

9. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

The person who chose this music for Samarin's SP deserves severe punishment.
    This whole program is a big WTF?!-moment. A butchered Nutcracker-medley, some Michael Jackson-style costume, two different gloves and completely strange choreo...

10. love_skate2011

and here is Samarin's FS, not sure if its an improvement, music sounds like a romeo&juliet/spanish medley
    the boy is talented but Goncharenko needs to give him music that are better like Radionovas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahYa8OI_c6U&gl=US

also Volchkova seems to have a new young student
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqvw3b5rS5o

11. DobrinFan

DobrinFan Active Member

Just a heads up. Sotnikova, Gosviani, Agafonova are schedule to compete in the 1st Cup of Russia in Perm. Their short programs will be on Saturday, long on Sunday. For the men, Voronov, Bush, Gorshkov will compete. Short on Sunday, long on Monday. M/K competed their SD today (62.54) https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUK-2wNBI8I7CzyJ8alaq2Ew&feature=player_detailpage&v=VM0-WWAjMR0, free dance will be tomorrow. Turkish team of Agafonova and Ucar were also there.

More videos will probably be uploaded to this youtube account https://www.youtube.com/user/Ericheni?feature=watch

12. zoe111

zoe111 Active Member

13. Primorskaya

Primorskaya Red Member

I found what it is! The Trans-Siberian Orchestra playing the Nutcracker Suite! Knew I'd heard it somewhere. They play rock versions of classical music, there's a link if you're curious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b20WvdNpomg

It's a question of taste, but I'm not sure I could endure a whole concert... It at least explains Samarin's costume: Megadeth meets the Nutcracker.

14. DobrinFan

DobrinFan Active Member

15. lala

lala Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe...so many young russian talented girls! Who will be my biggest favorite??? I really don't know....

16. DobrinFan

DobrinFan Active Member

17. DobrinFan

DobrinFan Active Member

18. love_skate2011

19. DobrinFan

DobrinFan Active Member

20. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I am not sure if going from 3flutz/3t< to 3flutz/3L<< is going to stick. I bet she goes back to the former.

21. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I can't believe...so many young russian talented girls! Who will be my biggest favorite??? I really don't know....[/QUOTE]

We have been saying this for quite a few years now. It's a shame that only two can make the Olympic team in Sochi. Gosviani looks pretty good. Adelina skates with more confidence though. Is Liza Tuk not at this event?

22. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

23. DobrinFan

DobrinFan Active Member

24. jiggs

jiggs Well-Known Member

25. lala

lala Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  26. na0pp

na0pp New Member

Agafonova's FS
    http://youtu.be/mgxZzBX5J1A

what happend to her!???Maybe all jump is UR or DG....
    In test skate,she was good condition at least.

27. DobrinFan

DobrinFan Active Member

28. DobrinFan

DobrinFan Active Member

Don't know but at this rate she's not going to make nationals for 2 years in a row if she doesn't win her next Russian Cup event. Last year she had 2 5th places and didn't make it. Maybe she was nervous cause her test skates were pretty good for her standards.

29. DobrinFan

DobrinFan Active Member

Last videos from Perm:

Gorshkov's LP (141+; 2nd overall; wow did he grow up in his time off from last season, he's like a man now!!!:swoon:)
    Voronov's LP (161+;1st overall)

Zhan Bush, Vladislav Smirnov, and Sergei Borodulin's SP and LP are now posted in the Kiss and Cry Forum.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  30. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

Russia is really going to need Evgeni Plushenko in order to secure a medal in the Team Event (crossing my fingers & praying he's able to make it).

I was perusing Russia's standing at the last Worlds (2013) and noted that they are good in pairs (#1 thus far), ice dance (#3 thus far), ladies (#9 & #10 thus far), but way down when it comes to the men (#17 thus far w/out Zhenya).

Btw, does everybody on the Team get a medal if their country places 1/2/3? :confused: Even if they didn't compete? For instance, the USA earned 3 spots for Ladies, but presumably one (if not two) will not compete in the Team Event, does that mean those skaters receive a medal also (if USA places 1/2/3 of course)?

Imho the Team Event will be between Canada (gold), Russia (silver; only if Evgeni is able to compete), and the USA (bronze, presuming everybody skates clean of course). :yikes:

I honestly cannot wait for the Team Event, it's the one I'm most EXCITED about! :encore: