From Russia with love - Summer through Autumn 2013

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by allezfred, Aug 18, 2013.

1. lala

lala Well-Known Member

http://www.croskate.hr/Html/GSp13_Men_FS_Scores.pdf the protocoll

2. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

*beaming* Two quads, two triple Axels (one in boss combination), only other jump error looks to me to be a popped 3Lz (2Lz), level 3s and 4s on spins and steps, tons of positive GOE...

I knew it wasn't over yet for him!

Voronov's protocol looks pretty boss too - two quads, two triple Axels (I think he fell on the 2nd one if I'm reading it right), three level 4s and a level 3, positive GOE on everything except the fallen 3A.

They're not just going to lie down and let Kovtun have the spot scot-free. I love it!

3. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

I finally got around to watching the Jr. Ladies GPF on IN, and I have to say I was very very impressed with Serafima Sakhanovich. :watch::eek::cool: Her jumps are out of this world, and practically all done in "Tano" style, even those outrageous 3/3 combos! :kickass: I thought she would have won, but am not surprised that Maria Sotskova's pretentious artsy costume, et al did so. But this is a good wakeup call for Serafima to do the same, though I would hope that Serafima's artistic development was natural and not put on. Either way it's going to be interesting to watch her progress over the years. :) And on another (+) note, she looks like a senior, not a junior, and is done growing. :cool:

4. lala

lala Well-Known Member

5. Taso

Taso Well-Known Member

Well it looks like the girls who aren't age elligible for Sochi, or at least a lot of them, ARE going to be there this year...Proklova, Medvedeva, and Sakhanovich are at least, plus Radionova though I never for a moment thought they wouldn't let her compete.

6. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

This year here was introduced a new rule that under 14 can't compete at Russian senior nationals (so that means that some of those who are not eligible for Sochi still could compete, such as Radionova). However, this week they decided to make exception for Proklova and Sakhanovich (and Sotskova but she apparently decided not to compete). Medvedeva was able to compete anyway because she is 14. Russian Federation run on a calendar year, whereas ISU and eligibility for junior/senior competition runs on a year starting 1st July. So although Medvedeva, Sakhanovich and Proklova became eligible for junior grand prix at the same season, only Medvedeva would be eligible for nationals, which was not fair towards the other three young ladies who qualified to JGPF.

7. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

I am curious about Kawaguchi-Smirnov. Are they training and how far have they come since the injury? They are listed as Alternates for the nationals, so I am thinking that they are nowhere near the shape to compete.

8. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

He was cleared by his doctors to go on the ice on December 14th and Oleg Vasiliev said in a interview he is two weeks ahead of that date. They knew Russian Nationals was too soon to compete but they are shooting for being ready for Europeans and they hope to be selected.

Here is a new interview

http://fsrussia.ru/news/998_aleksandr-smirnov-zhalko-chto-ne-uspevayu-k-chempionatu-rossii/

This is from Google Translate, it's off in some spots but you get the jist.

9. Vash01

Thanks Julieann. I wonder if they can make it to the Euros and if they medal there, will the RSF give them the 3rd Olympics spot? Considering how much help they received, the RSF must think highly of them.

10. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how I feel about it. On one hand, whoever the fed select to go to Europeans should automatically be the ones to go to the Olympics. S/K have been skating really well lately so if they win nationals and do fairly well at Europeans, even if they are beat by the Italians I think they have more than earned their spot to Sochi.

B/L on the other hand have been a huge disappointment. If they don't have their act together by nationals and not only don't win but look really bad the fed may have no choice than to send K/S to Euros if they can prove they are in competition shape, I feel he has more than earned that trip.

If both B/L and S/K skate really well and by the time Euros comes around all three look great, I have no idea what the fed would do. It's only fair B/L and S/K get sent. As sad as I would be for Kavaguti and Smirnov to send a couple of headcases, they really aren't much better, all three can be wonderful and awful in any given situation. One of those three will have to skate the free skate in the team competition. I think S/K are the best bet at this point.

I just don't think it's a good idea not to let the Olympians skate at Euros, it's good practice.

11. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I can't see the Russian Federation leaving Moskvina's last team off the Olympic team unless Smirnov is physically unready at Euros.

12. Vash01

If K&S are physically capable of competing at the Euros, even with a diluted program, I think their fed will give them the spot, but with any injury it's hard to predict what shape they may be in.

13. DobrinFan

DobrinFan Active Member

14. Taso

Taso Well-Known Member

15. DobrinFan

DobrinFan Active Member

3/3 looked good and I think it is a recycled program. Tukt also dumped this years SP for her old tango program that she has been skating to for years :slinkaway

16. Lyinna

Lyinna Member

:( I loved the other one, too bad.
    But if she feels more confident with the other, it's the Olympic selection, so it's a good move!

17. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

I am afraid Tuk is going NOWHERE this season and it just breaks my heart since I have been the one who was always proclaiming her to be the OGM in 2014. It hurts. It just hurts,

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

i thought leonova is going back to the pirate - sp, now another sp? i am kinda confused :D

19. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

It doesn't really matter though. No way she makes Euros or even Olys/Worlds.

20. Vash01

The expectation was that she would be replaced by one of the baby Russians, or that she may have an outside chance to get the 3rd spot- alas! there is no 3rd spot. She is pretty much done at this point; there are too many talented young ladies in Russia, and finding two of them is not hard at all- even with the inconsistencies of Adelina and Liza because there are some rising stars. I would just like to see Alena skate well and end her career on a high note (that is, if she is planning on retiring after this season).

21. Vash01

She is young enough to work through her problems and perhaps be a contender in 2018.

22. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I think its interesting people can tell the difference between any of her SP and LP's LOL.