From Russia with love - Summer through Autumn 2013

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by allezfred, Aug 18, 2013.

1. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Continue.

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  3. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Very nice of them to put it on youtube! I don't know what we would do without internet. We would have to wait another 2 months!

4. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

IIRC, Sotnikova already used this music in her first Junior season. Is she now just recycling the old program?

5. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

It seems that she is using a different choreographer than she used before so I doubt that she would be able to re-use a part of the program. The new choreographer would not want to sign himself under someone else's work. Besides, it was like 4-5 years ago so it wouldn't be any advantage for her to use that old program. I don't think you can remember it properly if you don't skate it for such a long time, so she may as well learn some new choreography.

6. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

but its a different music arrangement from the one one in her JGP music
    almost no similarity with the sound beat

7. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Kovtun's SP music and choreo remind me of Lobacheva/Averbukh's original dance from 2002. Did Averbukh choreograph this program for Maxim? Anyway, I think he has a strong SP and his movement looks more nuanced now than it did last season.

Loved Sotnikova's Carmen.:cool:

8. reut

reut Active Member

All three programs for the coming season (including exhibitions) for both Adelina and Maxim were choreographed by Peter Tchernyshev.

9. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Where are all of Morozov's skaters?

10. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

what do you mean by ALL Morozov skaters? He doesn't have that many left...

11. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

It's just leonova and I/k or did voronov leave.

12. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

:rofl: Morozov is on the low down atm
    only Perkova and I/K (which hopefully leave after another disaster season )

Voronov is now with Julia's coach Tutberidze

13. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

:eek: Sotnikova skated to that FS music before? It must have caused some kind of permanent hearing damage that she would use it again. :p

Peter Tchernyshev choreographed Kovtun's programs? And there is that much two footed skating in them? :shuffle:

14. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

And Takahashi but he wouldn't be at Russian test skate

15. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

oh my god. i am absolutely in love with bobrova/solovie's free dance. and that at this moment of the season. can't wait of looking forward hoe this program will develop. gorgeous work!:eek:

16. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Have I&K ever skated their full programs at the test skate? I know they didn't last year, and the year before they skated their FD to different music. I don't remember if they showed up when they were with Zhulin. IMO it's unacceptable for them not to be showing up ready by now considering they always struggle on the GP. They are just not the types to get a late start but then show up in shape at competitions. B&S are usually one of the first ice dancers to show their programs, even internationally.

Really curious to see Stepanova/Bukin now.

17. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

thanks for the videos, by the way.

don't know what to think of monko/khaliavins free dance.
    i really likes this couple but i don't know if this is the right vehicle for them. let's see how it will develop thoughout the season?

was volchkovas group at the test skates? i so badly want to see anything of biryukova. any updates on her? or better-videos? :D

18. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Me too .Curious to see how they do in seniors:)

19. caseyedwards

I/k did fantastically in the gp in 2012! They were great from gp to euros then collapsed astoundingly at worlds.

20. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Their results were good but their skating wasn't that great... they fell at Crystal skate and again at CoR... at NHK they struggled because she was sick (it was one of the better examples of them rallying) and went on to finish last at GPF. They were getting good marks but didn't capitalize on it til Euros, and then somehow lost all momentum at Worlds. They are completely unreliable.

21. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

double post

22. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

double post

23. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

Last year I/K and all of Morozov's skated did closed test skates for the Federation in August as they were due to be training in the US when the main test skates were scheduled. They also showed up when they worked with Zhulin - I remember TAT complaining that Zhulin hadn't bothered to come with them.

24. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

Last year I/K and all of Morozov's skated did closed test skates for the Federation in August as they were due to be training in the US when the main test skates were scheduled. They also showed up when they worked with Zhulin - I remember TAT complaining that Zhulin hadn't bothered to come with them.

25. caseyedwards

They are unreliable and should should have changed coaches after worlds 2013 but before that I guess I did not get your definition of "struggle" which meant to me like not medaling at a gp or not even making the gpf like previous seasons.

26. Ankka

Ankka New Member

Radionova's SP is very very good. And her body language is surprisingly similar to Carolina's. Big improvement during the summer!

27. peibeck

This. They were very overmarked last season, showed very little progression, and on top of it were saddled with one of the worst free dances in recent history. Just having the potential should not be earning them high PCS marks. They were so bad at Worlds they should have rightfully been behind Z/G & R/T.

28. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

Ah what a treat to see all these vids just before the season begins!

Really liked Sotnikova's SP. She's a wonderful performer, I love it. Overall there isn't really anything about her skating that I don't like. :) The final spin was sort of voidy.

As before, Radionova's presence endlessly impresses me. She can showcase so many different emotions in her skating, especially considering her age. She's not always smiling or always angsty or whatever. She actually listens to the music and is obviously trying to portray a story of some kind whenever she skates. I loved the SP, she has such gorgeous lines (with the exception of her shoulders at times... the only thing that bothers me a little bit) and she knows how to use them. The extension is amazing. Also really enjoyed the last minute of the FS when she was rockin' it. I love that she's a bit of a voidy arteeste type, obviously. :inavoid:

Lipnitskaia's SP is a clear improvement! It seems like she's actually listening to the music at least a bit every now and then... and the number of bendy movements has gone down to only a couple. :p She's nowhere near the natural performer that Radionova is though.

Ah, Bobrova/Soloviev's FD has such void potential! :cheer: Birds? Can't wait to see the costumes! I think I could really really love this free. The SD was a bit of a bore though but it'll probably get better.

Fedorova has grown so much! Their height difference is looking normal for a pair now. Jumps were nowhere to be seen, unfortunately. Hopefully she can overcome that! The entry into the throw looked all kinds of wrong.

29. caseyedwards

They showed enormous progression until worlds! They were not flawless all the time and did have one of the worst free dances of all time if not the worst but did make enormous strides and progression and almost winning Euros! They almost won Euros over B/S even with what was considered by many the worst free dance of all time. They had a major collapse at worlds and failed there but no where else. Now they should have changed coaches but didn't.

30. peibeck

Look at their base technical scores. It was highest at their first two GP events; every event after Rostelecom Cup and NHK their base TES scores were at least 2 pts less. That's not really progression when you are losing points on things like footwork sequences throughout the season.

I am sorry, but I find that frustrating when it is clear how talented and amazing they could be. Watching them in practice at Worlds it was clear how easily they seemed to lose focus and concentration.

Their almost winning Euros (with their overscored PCS) was more politics than prowess with P/B out with injury. Perhaps they felt too confident coming into Worlds that they would place higher and that ended up working against them and they weren't prepared as they should have been? They skated well at Euros, but not vastly superior to any of the other finishers in the top four. And, yes, they won the free dance, but with easier content than they started the season with. (Like winning the Olympics without a quad! :saint: )

As for a coaching change, well... all I can say is that I'm sure we all hope Elena comes to her senses. ;)

alilou and (deleted member) like this.