From Russia With Love - Spring into Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

Isn't Moskvina retiring after Sochi though?

2. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Well, they say in the article that they want to continue working with their old choreographer Ludmila Vlasova, so you don't have to worry about their programs.

I think a bit of healthy competition can't hurt. Besides, Zoueva has Virtue-Moir, Davis-White and Shibutanis. Is anyone saying that Davis-White are getting what is left because she spends more time with Virtue-Moir? The same with Orser having Fernandes, Hanyu, Gedevanishvilly... Yao-Bin had both Pang-Tong and Zhang-Zhang.

I wouldn't compare it to Ingo Steuer coaching S/S and V/M, because he was at some point in relationship with Aliona. Besides, the fact that one coach can't pay attention to more couples doesn't mean that some other coach (e.g. Mozer) in the same situation couldn't do better.

3. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

I wish B&L had gone to Moskvina, but we will see how it works out with Mozer. May be they will be inspired by watching V&T.

4. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

I meant Mozer/Morosov as in Stanislav Morosov....

5. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

6. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Don't Russian coaches teach in groups as a rule?

7. Autumn_girl

Autumn_girl Active Member

Vlasova doesn't create programs AFAIK, she is a former ballerina and works mostly on lines, polishing some moves, positions. More of a choreographer in process who works with skaters all season. But Mozer's skaters work with different choreographers, not only Morozov, and she also said B/L will have a completely different team than V/T
    Yes, but there can be more than one group. And Mozer already mentioned that V/T and B/L will be in different groups which means different schedule, so I don't think that will be a problem

8. Sylvia

9. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Hmmm. I want to smoke whatever he's on. Somehow Leonova's 13th place finish was a "success" of sorts, and oh yeah, there are excuses for everyone else's placements....hmmm. (of his team)

10. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

It sounds he's saying both Takahashi and Amodio had touring on their plate to the detriment of their results, too, as if he's a parent saying "I told you so," and hopefully they will have learned their lesson for next year if they want good results.

I do hope Takahashi can get his boot issues resolved. Generally 4C's is not a consideration in the Olympic year, unless they are at home.

11. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Yeah it was a sucess because I thought she was going to place 23'rd

12. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Well, if you think about it, it actually was success (relatively). During the GP she was 7th and 8th out of 10 skaters, so considering how bad she was the whole season, at worlds out of some 30 skaters she also could have been 25th!

13. SLIVER

SLIVER Well-Known Member

Any generous soul feel like translating? I know I know we can google translate but its not the same innit??

14. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

This might explain why Gachinski was working on his new LP so early...

He's competing at the Triglav Trophy from today!

There are only 12 skaters in the Senior Men's field and his is the only name I recognise, so hopefully this will be a nice little confidence booster for him, a rebuilding block he can take with him into the off-season.

Entries/Results etc here

EDIT: *facepalm* That'll teach me to skim-read - Daisuke Murakami is the other international Senior in the men's field.

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Sylvia

Triglav Trophy update: Elena Radionova easily leads Jr. Ladies after today's SP (62.34 - 3Lz+3T, 3F, 2A); ditto for Alexander Petrov who won Jr. Men SP yesterday (66.56 - 3A, 3Lz+3T, 3F). Artur Gachinski, Nikol Gosviani and Polina Agafanova compete their SP later today.

Adelina Sotnikova interview: http://moskvasportivnaya.com/news/p2_articleid/1162

Konstantin Menshov interview: http://fcp-press.ru/interview/p2_articleid/7073

Ekaterina Bobrova interview: http://fcp-press.ru/interview/p2_articleid/7065

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  16. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Menshov is a classy guy. I hope he does great at WTT.

17. Sylvia

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  18. Sylvia

Triglav Trophy Senior SP update:

1. Gachinski 71.64 - 4T (-1.33), 3A (+1), 3Lz+2T, CCoSp didn't count

1. Gosviani 57.73 - 3T+3T, 2A, 3F
    3. Agafonova 50.49 - 1Lz, 3S+3T, 2A

19. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Good for gachinski 4t and 3a together. Rare occurrence. Would like to see the spin that didn't count. Can use some past problems to guess what went wrong like a slip or start stop?

20. misskarne

I'm not going to worry about the spin at this point. All that matters to me right now is that he landed every single one of his jumps. That hasn't happened since...um...well, it's been a while now. So I'm very happy for him and hope this is just a new beginning. Can't wait to see what he puts down for the FS (I wonder if it'll be Anna Karenina or if that one's not finished yet?).

*doing a happy dance*

21. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Well, he didn't land every single of his jumps. I don't think he planned the double in the combination. But you are right, it is good enough for now. Good progress, getting there. (But not good enough for Europeans/Olympics/Worlds next year).

22. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Well he was 4th in Russian nationals in his worst form and beat kovtun so if his form improves as to where he's doing quads and 3a together then he could win Russian nationals

23. Sylvia

Piseev is quoted in this March 26 article as saying that the Israeli federation has not yet requested a formal release for Polina Shelepen: http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130326/653278372.html

24. misskarne

Well, that is true. But he got the first triple down and then actually got the combo in and stood up on everything so I will definitely take that. (At least it wasn't a 3-1). It's just such a relief to see him landing stuff. Hope he can keep it up.

Fair point! ;)

25. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Could someone translate Bobrova's interview pretty please :)

26. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Nice score for Gosviani :cheer: I like her. Hope she gets some GP assignments this coming season! She deserves them way more than Leonova after this season IMO :slinkaway:

Good luck for the FS!

27. elif

elif Active Member

So no new coach for I&K:scream: I thought he said if they can't medal at worlds and GPF, he will not work with them.

28. MysticHaze

MysticHaze Member

It's the power of the :cat:

29. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

Gosviani is #32 on the Seasons Best list. After the old data is removed/reduced, Gosviani would be in the mid-70s on the World Ranking list; if she wins Triglav, she would move up to the mid-50s on WR. So she is not guaranteed any GP assignments. She could get a CoR host pick and hope for a substitute slot.

Leonova will be in the top 10 on the WR list after the data purge, so she is guaranteed at least one GP slot, and she could get two (she's #25 on SB).

Bear in mind that Gosviani's Euros score would have placed her 16th at Worlds, lower than Leonova at 13th. Also, International B scores tend to be a lot higher than ISU Championship scores.

30. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

How can Gosviani move up on the World Ranking list, if she doesn't get GP events? Will B competitions count? How many of them can count, is it limited, or the more she does the better?

Also, if within the next few seasons there may be possibly 5 good skaters in the Russia and only 2 can go to Worlds and only 3 to Europeans, is there any way to make up the points for Worlds standings without being able to attend Europeans and Worlds?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.