1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From Russia with love - news & updates

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Eislauffan, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

I'm following Sylvia's path here. So we can collect news and updates from Russia here (while the discussion in the Mukhortova/Trankov and Khokhlova/Novitski thread continues), but not all news need a thread of their own.

Sergei Voronov has been training with Nikolai Morozov since right after Worlds. Morozov is expected to come to Moscow these days. Voronov is already in Moscow. He has two new programs.

Stanislav Kovalev (Junior Final participant) has switched coaches (from Zhanna Gromova to Viktor Kudriavtsev)

ETA: More to come. I'm waiting for confirmation of one rumour and for the go-ahead to publish it for another piece of news. Both are about coaching changes.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
    softlip, WindSpirit, LynnW and 9 others like this.
  2. Eislauffan

Well, this is Ukraine, but they trained mostly in Russia. Apparently ice dancer Anna Zadarozhniuk has to quit competitive skating due to ongoing back problems. :-(

3. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

(((Anna))) That's sad. Best of luck for her in her post-skating life.

4. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Does this mean we'll see Beknazarova/Zuev again, or did they retire? Will Verbillo look for another partner?

5. Eislauffan

I haven't heard anything about Beknazarova/Zuev. I will ask about Verbillo, though.

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I just saw that Plushenko is definitely leaving the St. Petersberg assembly in the fall of this year.

7. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Is this truth? :( Where did you find this information? I mean i cant find nothing at Ulranian message board

8. Eislauffan

This information comes from their coaches in Odintsovo. However, as I said, "apparently" she will have to retire. Maybe if she gets better she can continue. But the coaches felt she can't go on. She also withdrew from Worlds because of her back problems.

9. rfisher

rfisher At least I still have Pairs to look forward to

Thanks for starting this. Looking forward to V/T news.

10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you for information!

11. sbanet

sbanet Well-Known Member

:(

12. senorita

senorita New Member

voronov with morozov??? really???I didnt know!!!
    thank you Eislauffan for everything for the past also, news, interviews, photos , reports, a big thank you!:)

13. casken

casken Well-Known Member

So who would be considered Ukraine's #1 dance team now? Are Beknazarova & Zuev still competeting? I know they weren't at worlds, but I don't know the reason why. The Blues for Klook team is rough, but they are a lot younger so they're perhaps are seen as having more long term potential?

I really felt B&Z were stronger in both skating and program design than Z&V last season, they just needed better packaging overall.

14. Kasey

Kasey Radiating rainbows!

Voronov was in NJ after Worlds until just earlier this month, so his work with Morosov started pretty quickly (apparently stayed at his home also...whatever did Miki think? ;) )

15. elfenblüte

elfenblüte Active Member

They were not at Worlds because Ukraine had only one spot.

16. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

I hope that he will be able to learn that most beautiful jumping style that Kulik got from Viktor K?

I´m eagerly looking forward to those new programmes...

Thanks for all the info, Eislauffan!!!

17. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

Trouble in paradise? :EVILLE:

18. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Oops. I'm was confusing Ukrainian and Czech dance teams. :slinkaway

19. pinky166

pinky166 #teamtrainwreck

Anna Ovcharova and Polina Agafonova will compete on the junior grand prix circuit for the upcoming season. I have not heard what Polina Shelepen or Sofya Birukova plan to do but maybe someone knows?

20. vivika1982

vivika1982 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the thread and all news Eislauffan.

My "news" is about Ice Show "Ice initiation" which is the newest project of Alexander Zhulin and one of the choreographers that worked with "Ice Age" Igor Orshulyak presenting Alexander Zhulin , Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat,Angelica Krilova,Ruslan Goncharov, Irina Lobacheva and her Ice Age celebrity partner Dmitrii Marianov, Petr Tchernishev and Naomi Lang, Igor Lyutikov/participant in Holiday on ice/,Alena Ilinykh and Nikita Kacalapoov and ice acrobats Alexei Polishhuk and Bert Kording .It is from May 25 untill May 30,2010 and is a modern tale about a spy school where Zhulin is a principal.There will be lots of magic and fantasy.According to the announcements is going to be interesting and fun for kids and adults .
    http://www.sokolniki.info/icerink/show/playbill/ledpos/
    http://www.parter.ru/parter/ru/muzika/show/default/71387/

And a large article-interview with Alexander Zhulin about his personal and professional life :) with lots of on and off ice photos .

http://7dn.ru/article/7days/447835

Last edited: May 15, 2010
    LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Eislauffan

I'll have an interview scheduled with Polina Shelepen and her coach Eteri Tutberidze tomorrow, and I'll definitely ask about their plans for next season.

As for the article in the newspaper about Zhulin, he makes it public that he is now living with Natalia Mikhailova (former ice dancer, 2006 World Junior silver medalist with Arkadi Sergeev). From the article it sounds like Tatiana Navka is living or did live with Marat Basharov.

Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  22. ali_dorate

ali_dorate Active Member

Thank you Eislauffan for starting this great thread.
    And thank you for all information.

This is great! Looking forward to hearing from you soon.:)

23. Kasey

Kasey Radiating rainbows!

Didn't know if this was already posted somewhere, but according to THIS article, Lutai and Demirova are expecting a girl, and he is considering changing to Bulgarian citizenship to continue skating.

24. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Well in that article it's said that Mishin stated nothing is sure yet but that Lutai already has become a father.
    But didn't they say at the wedding (sometime in April) that she's due in a few months or so?

25. Michalle

Michalle New Member

How old is Natalia Mikhailova? It seems like a bit of an age gap, although I guess that isn't too surprising from Zhulin.

26. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

She was born in 1986, so she must be 23/24.

27. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Eislauffen --
    I'm really looking forward to your interview. Thanks for the most interesting news.

28. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Oh, no. Will Sergei continue on, or retire as well?

29. Eislauffan

I spoke to Polina Shelepen and her coach Eteri Tutberidze. They would have liked to go senior, but when the new age rules pass the ISU congress, she will be too young for senior and will stick with juniors.

As for Sergei Verbillo, he wants to continue. He actually is having a try-out with Alla Beknazarova right now! Alla's partner Vladimir Zuev has to retire because of ongoing knee injuries.

ETA: I saw their try-out today. It looked not bad. But they said that nothing has been decided yet.

30. pinky166

pinky166 #teamtrainwreck

Thanks for the update! So does this mean JGP for Polina? I know even by normal age rules she is not old enough to compete at senior worlds or euros this season, but I think she could do SGP and then junior worlds under current rules. If she does stay junior all the way, that's going to be one loaded/crowded JGP ladies team for Russia!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.