From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Great lifts, very nice intro, I like the spread eagles into the 3sal-2toe and the little touches like her hand during the death spiral. I wish I knew the storyline, because in practice costumes it looks so melodramatic. :lol:

It's ok, I thought it was a little boring though. I am really tough on them. :shuffle:

2. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

3. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

I just had time to watch once. It surely need more mileage and work with the transitions but I love the:drama::violin::drama:
    The headband makes me:rofl:

4. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I feel like a bad uber; I can't stand the music :fragile:

5. Jenya

Jenya Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link! Very :drama: from Volosozhar/Trankov, but I like it and I think it has potential.

Loving the spread eagle entrance into the SBS triple salchows and it's smart to put the triple toes in the second half of the program. The last lift is spectacular. I think it's almost impossible for Volosozhar to hit an ugly position, but these new rules are trying their best to make her - but I think they work around it quite well.

V/T seem to have good material this year, can't wait to see Savchenko and Szolkowy.

6. love_skate2011

7. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I think that could be a potentially be a nice program for B/L once they have more mileage on it. Love the second to last lift.

But I was PML-ing half the time, because at this point, it looks like it's Diva Vera and her manservant. Pick me up! Throw me here! Spin! :drama: It looks like he's way behind her and struggling to catch up.

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

D&D are the real deal!

B&L - I disliked them less. Vera was actually emoting; they actually related to each other a bit!

9. love_skate2011

they need more endurance though, I notice at the end they were gasping and looked exhausted

this is actually how I feel about their partnership, Vera has too much of the Diva power that Larionov is nothing but a background to her and most of the time he skates like a rock. :drama:

odd that outside skating life, they are a real couple

10. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

That's my Vera. :lol:

11. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

Oops! Never mind! :)

12. love_skate2011

13. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I must have been watching the wrong video because that LP I just watched of Pluschenko looks like it was thrown together with bits and pieces from other programs. It's also seemed like he was making some of it up as he skated along just waiting for the music cue for him to start his step sequence. It even looked to me at one point he motioned to someone with his finger to speed something up? Who choreographed that?

14. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

15. Macassar88

Just watched BL's FS. Very disappointed. I felt more unaffected by that program than I usually do by them. And this is coming from someone who loves them. Also, why can't they land their jumps ever? I can only think of one FS that they've done where there wasn't a single double foot or fall or step out. Also, considering that they are an off ice couple, they have very little chemistry. They never look at each other while skating.
    Although their triple twist is immaculate as usual. Best in the world.

16. equatorial

equatorial New Member

I officially lurrrve both V/T's SP and LP. LP needs a lot of more work but it's :swoon: potentially.

17. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

I don't usually have an aversion to violin music, but V&T's selection is grating. Nice program though (much better than that disappointing SP), despite the irritating music.

I love B&L's LP. I don't care if I'm the only fan this season. I've loved so many unpopular skaters in the past, I'm used to it. :D

rfisher and (deleted member) like this.
  18. equatorial

equatorial New Member

I didn't find it grating at all, although I would vastly prefer them skating to an orchestration of Chaconne.

19. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

And mostly he did not interpret the music that was playing, but that is nothing new :lol:,

20. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

I just watched Plushenko's LP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp2Gb6KBmLs

I loved it. He's always been a very good technical skater, but I'm seeing more artistry in this program than what I've seen in the past. This program suits him. Great job!

21. equatorial

equatorial New Member

Quite surprisingly, he did :slinkaway

22. analia

analia Active Member

I appreciate how much Trankov looks like Jimmy Darmody from Boardwalk Empire, and Tatiana is behaving like Jimmy's crazy sexy mother. In that sense, (the way I'm imagining it with Boardwalk Empire plots, not Godfather), this program makes a great narrative.

23. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the reports and the links. :)

I really like Ksenia Makarova’s LP - but I’m a fan of her skating in general. If only she could get those jumps together. Looks like she eliminated the flip from her jump layout and she is now going for the Lutz instead of it. However, it always looks to be landed forward, so not sure if this was a clever move. I keep my fingers crossed that it will be ok by the time of RN. :)

Good to see Adelina Sotnikova having her confidence back again. I’m looking forward to see her at Nebelhorn Trophy soon! :cheer:

I must have missed some off-season talk??? Looks like I’m not the only one wondering about that? :confused:

Well, at least he didn’t quit skating as rumours mentioned some time ago. But oh dear, his skating looks like if he is no longer focused on skating, but practising on a recreational level beside having a full-time job/studying. Jumps were not there, spins look laboured and he seems so slow across the ice. I want him to skate again like he did some seasons ago. :wuzrobbed

24. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

It wasn't even off-season talk. There was a lot of talk about it during either Euros or Worlds.

25. Macassar88

I find it funny that there is a mix of both the Bach Chaconne and the Vitali Chaconne in VT's FS

26. floskate

floskate Vacant

LOVE Sotnikova's programs. I can't belive how grown up she looks but I hope she can wear her hair in a sassy ponytail or even half up half down for the LP. It will suit the style better. She's clearly still got issues with the lutz but her other jumps looked fabulous!

V&T's SP is really cheap in terms of choreography. The opening section is just embarrasing in its amateurism but the elements looked very clean. The LP looks much more promising but Maxim's totally half arsed :drama: at the end was hysterical. I'm sure they'll have more commitment to the choreo come the GP.

TAHbKA and (deleted member) like this.
  27. love_skate2011

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  28. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

Zhan Bush missed the test skates as he is recovering from illness. As far as I know, he won't be at Nebelhorn Trophy. Konstantin Menshov goes instead (Konstantin told me). Hopefully Zhan then can go to Finlandia Trophy.

Sylvia and (deleted member) like this.
  29. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

That was my reaction, too, especially towards the end. The frantic choreo didn't match the music.

30. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

sorry, but this was just 2f-3t, so not really clean.
    but hope the best for her, too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.