From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

I actually uber B/L. Last year they were my team but this year S/K have really good programs and I'm starting to get bored with B/L. It seems like they do the same thing every year.

2. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Searching for Cizeron's Instagram

Are you planning to sacrifice your students too in the future.

rfisher and (deleted member) like this.
  3. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

Ok I love B&S free dance. I don't know why, but it speaks to me.

4. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Some videos from this weeks Cup of Russia I:

Women

1. Seraphima Sahanovich 183.12 SP LP 12yrs old

2. Polina Shelepen 156.81 LP regressing

3. Nicole Gosviyani 156.62 SP LP Urmanov's student

5. Roza Scheveleva 128.44 SP LP

Mens

2. Artem Borodulin 209.14 SP He's still regressing as well.

5. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

If the skater is worth it :EVILLE:

6. analia

analia Active Member

B/S FD should be better without the crazy cut, but it's not en par with say W/P's FD last year, so no Worlds medal chance really. It's weird, I feel like this program probably works better with I/K or even S/Z. Both B and S's lack of attractiveness is a problem.
    I don't know. P/G looks better, more together to me despite being slower. They've gone far. I won't be surprised if they pass R/T if they progress. R/T's FD is so boring.

7. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

I guess I totally slept through the fact that V/T are now an off-ice couple. :shuffle: what did Kwan retire too or is Irina pregnant? :eek:

I unexpectedly really love Leonovas SP and think she looks better than ever. :respec: she sure is a fighter, I think she will be one of the contenders for the world title this year if the jumps come along this season. This is going to be an exciting and very unpredictable ladies season! :inavoid:

8. misskarne

misskarne #408

That is his power. :kickass:

Although I am mourning a bit because it took us HOW MANY YEARS to get him back into a colour other than black (last year's purple Storm shirt), and now...black and white. Oh Plushy. I know you look good in it, but...

9. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

I know this is a bit of a taboo, but Vera :( poor girl looks worse than ever. Someone needs to step in and help her. Whether it's an ED or some other health problems, it's not natural. She looks seriously ill.

10. senorita

senorita New Member

I dont think there is a video, I saw it live on a training camp. In my opinion RJ is much better constructed and more coherent, if that makes any sense. :lol:

11. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

I love this program, and I can't wait to see it next month in Kent, but I hope ShoWare Center has a good sound system.

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Agreed... he's a legend and we're lucky to still have him around. I mean imagine if we still had the other SLC skaters like B&S, Yags, A&P... it's extraordinary.

With that said, I honestly do like his program, and I would be really impressed with him if he were some new skater on the scene.

Aww, I think she is very pretty, and he looks hot with the new haircut.

{{{Stanislav}}} :(

Damn! You're lucky! Can't believe none of his ubers taped it.... would love to hear more of your impressions, anyway.

13. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Poor guy, good for him for finishing strong! He got quite an ovation from the audience too! He looked kind of annoyed after he was done, but I don't blame him. :lol:

14. alchemy void

alchemy void it's time for the perkolator

Sotnikova is great. Loving the program, and Xtina's wailing doesn't bother me in the least. People bitch when skaters use the same old warhorses over and over again, and they bitch when they make an original choice. :lol: Even if you dislike the music, the program itself is well constructed, the jumps look great, and she is skating with more power and authority than last year. IMO this is tons better than that dreck she skated to last year.

Loving both of Leonova's programs. Mad respect for her; she's not going anywhere. I really think the LP has potential to be really fierce. Totally rocked the side pony too. :cheer:

Has Volchkova's magic worn off? Korobeynikova's LP is really quite terrible even accounting for boot and health issues. And Biryukova was just a total hot mess; the timing on the jumps was just so far off. Hopefully both can pull it together somewhat before the GP.

I don't know if I'd say Shelepen is necessarily regressing. The jump layout in her LP is kinda nuts: 3lutz-3loop, 2axel, 3loop, 2axel, 3sal-3toe, 3flip-2toe-2loop, 3lutz. That's a lot of content after the halfway point. And I kind of like the music, in a hot mess kind of way.

I'm loving Makarova's LP thus far although I really would like to see the entire program first. I'd love to see her make the Euros/Worlds team just to see the impending board meltdown. :cheer: Hair looks good too.

Plushenko is a freaking legend. I really, really, really want to see him at Worlds. Program has potential.

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. lulu

lulu New Member

Absolutely, just the longevity of his career in the top echelons of men's skating is inspiring. Obviously the original report about "7 triple axels" was a mistranslation/mistake, BUT if there's any skater that could possibly pull off that physical feat, it's Plush. ;)

16. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

For what it's worth, I love that Plushy's footwork seem much better than before. I think it shows that he's really into working on footwork/step sequences.

17. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

Biryukova and Polina K. are not in good form right now :(
    but Shershak looked in good shape at the test skates.

Martiusheva-Rogonov SP ( they went clean ) :cheer2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF4xb2AlWf0&list=UUjaUiznBS9O3SeqwqlIc4UQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  18. Lis

Lis Active Member

19. viviabond

viviabond New Member

20. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

what I mean when I said clean was landing the jumps on their feet and not their asses

21. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

Yeah, and I definitely saw him doing 4 triple axels in one program a couple of years ago.

22. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I love them! She has the best posture and lines that I've seen.

23. Macassar88

Weaver and Poje's FD last year was a masterpiece and probably the best constructed dance of the year. It's unfair to compare. Anyway, I feel like this program has more potential than say The Feeling Begins. And lets see how the other medal contenders look.

24. Macassar88

25. viviabond

viviabond New Member

26. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

27. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

From :smokin: in the SP to emo :drama: in the free, especially when she dies at the end :lol: Some mistakes by Max, even Tatiana's fall was his fault because she was sooooo freaking high in the air I think it through off her timing. That twist was sublime and that last lift was really good and should score well.

Now, I can't wait to see what S/S have to offer this season. Is it GP time yet? Huh, is it?

28. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Oh, my, God.. It was breath-takingly beautiful!! I think they were totally soaked into the music and skating as one! This lp really makes up for that sp of theirs, wow.

29. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Zhan Bush is scheduled to compete at Nebelhorn and Finlandia but I haven't seen any test skate videos posted of him yet - are there any?

In the roster posted in the Finlandia Trophy thread in Kiss and Cry, Julia Lipnitskaya, Zhan Bush, Bobrova/Soloviev, and the "Paradise" synchro team are the published Russian entries.

30. Ulli

Ulli New Member

I just love Plushy┬┤s new LP. The swan footwork is wonderful. This is going to be a masterpiece when it is finished. And of course, he rocks, as always. :respec:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.