From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

P/G Free Dance day 3

2. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

Yes, they said it was a suggestion of Tatiana Tarasaova. I asked them if they were "forced" to change it, but naturally they didn't say that but that they appreciate Tarasova's input. I asked if they felt it was too risky to stick with the Ennio Morricone piece all way thru and interesting enough Dmitri said that maybe they weren't ready yet for that.

3. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Do you have a link to R&J?

I thought this program was well paced... I identified 3 pieces: Introduction & Rondo Capriccioso, The Swan, and Danse Macabre... they're all by the same composer so I didn't feel like the selections were random, and at least it wasn't Marton or some modern arrangement. The purity of the music allowed his basics to come through, IMO. I would like to watch R&J for comparison, though.

4. Eislauffan

She was sick recently and didn't skate the whole program on Wednesday either.

5. Lis

Lis Member

Of the 3 top Russian pairs I am surprised that I like K. Stolbova/F Klimov SP the most and 2nd V. Bazarova/J. Larionov SP and T. Volosozhar/M. Trankov SP Godfather jazz version the least."Normally" it would be the other way around for me.

6. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Oh man, I hope she's feeling well. :(

7. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

R/T Free dance day 3

8. Lis

Lis Member

love Bobrova/D. Soloviev FD and agrre with other posters about the music cut.The is a great program even if the keep it this way.

also love Makarovas FP and Adelinas.They both have great choreographed programs.

9. Lis

Lis Member

By the way thanks for all the vids and links !
    It is like heaven a Saturday evening ,watching this with a glass (or 2) of champagne.

10. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

S/K Short program day 3

11. lulu

lulu New Member

Me too. I haven't seen this test skate yet, but she still looked good (with the exception of a fall) at last week's test, so hopefully she'll be at full recovery very soon.

12. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

A tip: if you have a hangover after drinking, do NOT listen to Sotnikova's music. :scream:

13. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

K/S short program day 3

14. Lis

Lis Member

nop Marco I will sing with her :)))

15. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Menshov's short program day 3

16. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Bariev's short program day 3

:rofl: at his music skipping during the footwork and finally gave out. He keep skating with no music :lol:

17. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

K/M free dance day 3

18. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

'

Oh wow. I was expecting R&J and waiting to be trolled but this is just magnificent.

It's a little bare at the moment, but this could be a really great program for him. I just absolutely love the steps in The Swan. He's softened his arms a little which I think will help. Not sure about the Danse Macabre bit. But you know, he does it every year! Just when I thought he couldn't get any better, in that last part, he grabs his heel and does a Y. What the hell?! Where did that come from?!?!!?!? :eek::lol:

Great 4S, and hope he's gonna bring the 4Lz at some point, he was training it this off-season.

Oh wow, I love it! Really great expression and I love that he is very pointedly showing a lot of edge control. Not too worried about the falls/pops. I love how he uses his hands.

Artur and Evgeni both look physically great, too. I think maybe Artur is a little bigger in the chest, but at 19 he should finally be over his body growing. Now we will get a chance to see what he can do.

19. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Polina K. Long program day 3

S/V Free dance day 3

Biryukova's long program day 3

20. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

I want to cry. Was / is she injured or sick? I hope she is skating in the later GP events.

Also, this music highlights how unrefined she really is. Just so totally off. :(

That is one weird Turandot edit.

21. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Don't worry, she has 4th and 5th event, which means that she still has nearly two months to get ready. Considering how much improvement was in Adelina's skating since the previous test skate about 2 weeks ago, I hope that 2 months must be enough time for Polina.

22. rares_tudy

rares_tudy New Member

Polina K is so off,and I dislike the music its just awful,very boring..she already used that 2-3 years ago!I don't see a great season for her although I like her posture and her style the jumps are not there at all!:slinkaway

23. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

she is a bit slow compared to her 2011 season
    her LP was doing well until at the middle part with 3 consecutive mistakes after another :(

this LP is too Strong for her, she is a light skater
    Black Swan is for strong skaters that can carry it like Asheley , Adelina , Yuna etc.

24. Eislauffan

Polina K. told me that she was injured and had a longer break. Her feet hurt in her skates. She said that right now things are not going so well for her. Hopefully she'll be fine soon.

25. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

B&L's SP is lovely. I like that dress on her and imo, the jumps look better.

V&T: I wasn't feeling it. For an off ice couple, you'd think they'd be able to bring some heat to the performance, but no. They both look hot though.

Plushenko: It's gotten to the point where it doesn't matter what he's skating to or what he's wearing. I'm just riveted. Love him.

Sotnikova LP: After reading all of the griping over it I was expecting something completely horrific, but it's not bad at all. I really liked the the program.

26. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Me too! I enjoyed it. I don't even mind the Christina Aguilera howling. Maybe it's the 90s child in me.

I think I'm on the verge of becoming an S/K uber. Both programs are fab. I hope they pass B/L this year. Actually, what I'd really like is for both of them to pass Kavaguti & Smirnov, but I doubt that will happen.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  27. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Thanks. At least there is an explanation for it. As pointed out up thread, she is skating in the latter events so she still has time to recover and train.

28. Cloudy_Gumdrops

My dream Russian nats:

1. B&L
    2. S&K
    3. V&T

29. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Totally agree, although I hope S/K really do surpass B/L this year :shuffle:

30. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Not me, but then I'm the lone B&L uber around here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.