From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Vera looks like she could snap in half. She gets skinnier every year :( But it's not a bad program; though it's pretty much par for the course for them.

I hope this is a practice outfit for Yuri. I don't think it goes with her outfit at all.
  2. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

I actually liked their SP even if Dreams of Love is overused music

I think Larionov is wearing a skating " all black" practice costume
    like the some other russian teamsare wearing like Adelina and Puskash/Guerreiro.

I don't think he'll be skating in all black
  3. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Adelina is my sentimental favorite of the Russian ladies. Her jumps looked strong overall. I really hope this is her year to shine and she's moved past her nerves from last season. I can't wait for the GP series to start. :cheer2:
  4. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think you are some future version of me. It's creepy how we like the exact same things from skating to killer whales :eek:
    rfisher and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  6. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

7. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

8. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

It's official: the strong jumps and the spark do not make up for the awful music. :scream:

I think it will become tolerable if she would just cut out some of the opening howling and the one in the middle - why howl during a layback spin?

Honestly though, the program is starting to grow on me. :scream:
  9. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

get a disconnect, when she lands he jumps the music doesnt get a connection at all. whoever did this , does anyone know ? an we fire/him her or get him/her banned from making programs , I cant take that christina screams :(
  10. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Her skating is much better than in the previous test skate, but the program (music) is still awful. But she is landing more jumps than two weeks ago. So in another two three weeks it may be completely ready. In some programs the voice may be enhancement but here I wish there would be no voice at all...
  11. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

12. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I wonder why is her LP only 3 mins 10 long?
  13. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

J. Plushenko looks different in this program, he was smiling a lot during the performance. Overall, a softer look. The Romeo and Juliet program went in that direction as well. He pointed out that the program is still raw and needs to be polished a lot. Hopefully he'll do that. Good for him to go for the quad Salchow again after so many years. Axel as strong as ever.
    He won't take part in tomorrow's last test skate, he said.

A. Gachinski I liked that one. I didn't recognize the music. This program has potential, hopefully his jumps will get more consistent.

A. Sotnikova The voice is distracting, I agree with many other posters. But Adelina sells her program well and she looks matured and grown up. She also said that she feels more grown up. :)

E. Bobrova/D. Soloviev I wish they would have kept the original version of their music, that is without the Tosca part, but in general I like the changes and improvements to their skating. They really do look different.
  14. Jenya

Jenya Well-Known Member

It could be worse, they could all be using the Edvin Marton version. :scream:

Loved Volosozhar/Trankov's program. :swoon:
  15. senorita

senorita New Member

Did he tell you he will keep this program with 100 music cuts instead of Miyamoto's? I cant believe this is not just for test skates and he abandoned R&J for good :/ that looked like a real program.

Where is Liza?
  16. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Liza was injured, but back on the ice.

M/K Free dance day 3
  17. Eislauffan

T. Volosozhar/M. Trankov SP Godfather jazz version
    A new and different style for them, like that much better than last year's SP. Back to throw triple loop in the SP (good choice) and add 3S instead of 3T. They said that they moved the 3T into the second half of the FS and do the 3S in combination.

V. Bazarova/J. Larionov SP
    "Liebestraum" a little generic. Replaced throw triple flip with throw triple loop.

K. Stolbova/F. Klimov SP
    "Interview with a vampire", cool program and ideas, not clean yet. Maxim Trankov praised them. :)
    rfisher and (deleted member) like this.
  18. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

It sort of was, but I want to see him in competition before I pass judgment, he seems to really shine there.

They can do so much more than what they were given. I hope this wasn't the skate that Morozov said he was saving that no one else could do :yikes: I guess I'll have to wait to see if the free skate blows me away, if not the German's new programs may be good enough this year to win again.

Not everyones lifts were ugly, I don't know why some were so bad and some not. I think S/K have the best short programs so far this season of the pairs, I hope they can execute them well.

Same old boring stuff as usual; they don't do anything to set themselves apart and with as good as the Canadians are getting and maybe D/C they may lose footing in the standings unless their free skate is stellar.
  19. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I agree with this - although I understand the need to make the change to something with a bit more excitement, I don't know why Tosca was necessary. Did TAT say that they had to use Tosca? Because if she did then I understand because they don't want to be panned by TAT and the Russian fed.
  20. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Her improvement in these 2 weeks is amazing. Is her opening lutz supposed to be a 3/3? Lutz/loop or lutz/toe? 7 triples and 2 2axels is going to be very competitive content. Now she needs to fix her spins...
  21. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

22. Eislauffan

Yes, they said it was a suggestion of Tatiana Tarasaova. I asked them if they were "forced" to change it, but naturally they didn't say that but that they appreciate Tarasova's input. I asked if they felt it was too risky to stick with the Ennio Morricone piece all way thru and interesting enough Dmitri said that maybe they weren't ready yet for that.
  23. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Do you have a link to R&J?

I thought this program was well paced... I identified 3 pieces: Introduction & Rondo Capriccioso, The Swan, and Danse Macabre... they're all by the same composer so I didn't feel like the selections were random, and at least it wasn't Marton or some modern arrangement. The purity of the music allowed his basics to come through, IMO. I would like to watch R&J for comparison, though.
  24. Eislauffan

She was sick recently and didn't skate the whole program on Wednesday either.
  25. Lis

Lis Member

Of the 3 top Russian pairs I am surprised that I like K. Stolbova/F Klimov SP the most and 2nd V. Bazarova/J. Larionov SP and T. Volosozhar/M. Trankov SP Godfather jazz version the least."Normally" it would be the other way around for me.
  26. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Oh man, I hope she's feeling well. :(
  27. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

28. Lis

Lis Member

love Bobrova/D. Soloviev FD and agrre with other posters about the music cut.The is a great program even if the keep it this way.

also love Makarovas FP and Adelinas.They both have great choreographed programs.
  29. Lis

Lis Member

By the way thanks for all the vids and links !
    It is like heaven a Saturday evening ,watching this with a glass (or 2) of champagne.
  30. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

S/K Short program day 3
  31. lulu

lulu New Member

Me too. I haven't seen this test skate yet, but she still looked good (with the exception of a fall) at last week's test, so hopefully she'll be at full recovery very soon.
  32. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

A tip: if you have a hangover after drinking, do NOT listen to Sotnikova's music. :scream:
  33. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

K/S short program day 3
  34. Lis

Lis Member

nop Marco I will sing with her :)))
  35. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Menshov's short program day 3
  36. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Bariev's short program day 3

:rofl: at his music skipping during the footwork and finally gave out. He keep skating with no music :lol:
  37. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

38. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

'

Oh wow. I was expecting R&J and waiting to be trolled but this is just magnificent.

It's a little bare at the moment, but this could be a really great program for him. I just absolutely love the steps in The Swan. He's softened his arms a little which I think will help. Not sure about the Danse Macabre bit. But you know, he does it every year! Just when I thought he couldn't get any better, in that last part, he grabs his heel and does a Y. What the hell?! Where did that come from?!?!!?!? :eek::lol:

Great 4S, and hope he's gonna bring the 4Lz at some point, he was training it this off-season.

Oh wow, I love it! Really great expression and I love that he is very pointedly showing a lot of edge control. Not too worried about the falls/pops. I love how he uses his hands.

Artur and Evgeni both look physically great, too. I think maybe Artur is a little bigger in the chest, but at 19 he should finally be over his body growing. Now we will get a chance to see what he can do.
  39. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Polina K. Long program day 3

S/V Free dance day 3

Biryukova's long program day 3
  40. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

I want to cry. Was / is she injured or sick? I hope she is skating in the later GP events.

Also, this music highlights how unrefined she really is. Just so totally off. :(

That is one weird Turandot edit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.